Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Oldfield virgin< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dr Bogenbroom Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 10 2015, 09:55

Hi there. I've been listening to a lot of new music recently that has passed me by over the years (mainly 70s prog-rock), and finally got around to Mike Oldfield. Of course I knew a few of his big hits already, and I was sort of familiar with Tubular Bells, but I've been really enjoying what I've heard. Three albums so far: QE2, Five Miles Out and Crises. I guess I should go back and start at the beginning though.
I'm looking forward to posting about the albums in the relevant section.

--------------
Dancing the Entropy Tango
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: June 11 2015, 07:16

It's always great to have new people finding Mike's music. Just wait untill you get to Amarok :D
Profile PM 
Dr Bogenbroom Offline

Posted: June 12 2015, 03:09

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ June 11 2015, 07:16)
It's always great to have new people finding Mike's music. Just wait untill you get to Amarok :D

Thanks.

Interestingly, Dire Straits are another band I have been planning to check out. I only know their hits.

--------------
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: June 12 2015, 04:34

Fantastic :D I always think anyone who likes Mike Oldfield's guitar playing would also like Mark Knopfler's, and vice versa.
Profile PM 
Dr Bogenbroom Offline

Posted: July 31 2015, 07:59

I never realised there were so many versions, remasters and mixes of Tubular Bells. So far I've heard the original, the Boxed version and Tubular Bells 2003. Yet to experience the Orchestral TB.

The first Hergest Ridge I heard was the Boxed version, and that remains my favourite. Really enjoying comparing them all.

--------------
Profile PM 
4 replies since June 10 2015, 09:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net