Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Oldfield spending spree, Oldfield spending spree< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dr Bogenbroom Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 26 2016, 03:47

Just had an Oldfield spending spree. Bought the 15 albums I don't have (although I've heard some of them online), so now I own everything.

At least, I hope I do. I'm following the discography on Wikipedia, plus I have Boxed and Tubular Beats.

I don't have any of the Best Of or Essential albums (etc),as I assume they won't have anything new - but am I wrong?

--------------
Dancing the Entropy Tango
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2016, 00:15

IMO 'the Complete Mike Oldfield' should be part of the main discography. It includes several singles that didn't appear on any album and some pretty awesome live stuff.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2016, 19:06

Too right, First Excursion -  I always remain biased towards my first purchase!

Pardon me for not checking out which editions you've been buying, Dr Bogenbroom, but there's a chance that you do not yet own these parts which appear on The Complete...

William Tell Overture
Cuckoo Song
Jungle Gardenia
Guilty
Blue Peter
Waldberg (The Peak)
Mistake
Crime Of Passion

and the constituent parts of...

The Live Section
Sheba
Mirage
Platinum
Mount Teidi

Also, the last track on 1998's XXV: The Essential... is styled as Tubular Bells III (Excerpt), and is an early version of what was eventually called The Source of Secrets  with a Native American-sounding male vocal.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Dr Bogenbroom Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2016, 15:09

Thanks. I do have some of those, but not all. I will check out the Complete Mike.

--------------
Dancing the Entropy Tango
Profile PM 
3 replies since Feb. 26 2016, 03:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net