Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Oldfield Progressive< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 04 2003, 14:35

I´ve just found this on a page with the sub-geners of the prog rock,and what do you think about it?

"Oldfield Progressive
Mike Oldfield created a musical form which is similar in style with a combination of Hard Rock and celtic music. Usually composed like Symphonic Progressive, it is very bombastic, yet with more sensibility.
"

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Crises Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 08 2003, 03:26

MO has always been a progressive artist. I don't know what Prog sub-genre he could be labeled as, as each album/project leads Mike in a new direction.

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 08 2003, 08:34

"Oldfield Progressive"? LOL. :D I guess there's more people doing music in that style? I agree with the definition. Talk about specific!

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2010, 06:03

Tati Mike's styles of music epitomise the term progressive! He has experimented and created some of the best prog rock ever recorded. Diversity of styles is Mike's signature. That unique style that Mike alone has created from scratch. Always perfecting his technique and never gives up until he gets it right. Lots of dedication and belief in his own ability to produce beautiful music in the face of skeptics, detractors and small minded record companies. Even if he never plays another note, we have the pleasure of listening to his music far into the future. Deb
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2010, 08:30

Genres are just labels slapped on an artist to pigeon hole them IMO.Problem with someone like Mike is that it's very hard to place him in any one pigeon hole!With so many styles it's damn near imposible.I guess 'progressive' could be used in a loose sense as in the strictest terms he does 'progress' album by album.I wouldn't call him 'prog rock' as he doesn't really follow in that style.His stuff is just 'music' really.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Oct. 04 2003, 14:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net