Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: "Old Tin Boxes" 4 CD Set, Does anyone have it...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Bassman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 09 2008, 09:39

... and if anyone around here has it, would you be willing to post it on Rapidshare or Megaupload?

And please don't refer me to btt.oldfield.es.  I'm still having trouble with that site and the "administrator" still has not responded to my last e-mail 3 three weeks ago!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 09 2008, 09:58

What's on it? I've never heard of that one.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: April 09 2008, 10:03

It's a mixture of studio and live stuff with a slight emphasis on collaborations.  It looks like very tasty stuff but it just can't seem to be found anywhere but the site I mentioned, and I'm not a huge fan of torrents.  I've used them...  I'm just not crazy about them.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 09 2008, 14:33

Well, if you browse around on here....someone has been hinting of making a rarities compilation(or already has) and making it available thru Rapishare or whomever.......another talking about heavy MO moments(BTW-add the song Discovery to that). I think your old tin box is going to be found in some form.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: April 09 2008, 14:42

Quote (Bassman @ April 09 2008, 15:39)
And please don't refer me to btt.oldfield.es.  I'm still having trouble with that site and the "administrator" still has not responded to my last e-mail 3 three weeks ago!

What kind of problem? Maybe we can help you. I'm not sure if the admin is receiving the e-mails generated on that page.
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 02:55

Hi Scatter.  The rarities compilation you might be referring to could be "The Comprehensive Collection Of Singles And Rarities" that Spinne originally posted on btt.oldfield.es some time ago (it's a great set).  That topic had it's own thread and it detailed a bit of the grief I was going through getting the set.  I mentioned that I eventually got it through other means and that I would e-mail the links to anyone else who wanted it, and they wouldn't have to register with btt.oldfield.es if they were skittish about using torrent sites.  OR, you may be referring to something else entirely.  Anyway, they also offered "Old Tin Boxes" and I was interested in having that one, but I'm so turned off of that web site that I had hoped that someone who had the set would put it up elsewhere (like Rapidshare, etc.).

Hi Spinne.  The "trouble" I referred to was that somehow (and I don't understand how this could have happened) that website has me listed with an entirely different ISP than what my PC actually is.  I've exchanged messages with their Admin so I know their e-mail works.  My last communication with their Admin was that they would somehow re-input the correct numbers.  But, like I said, that was a few weeks ago and I've gotten no word since.  I don't wish to criticize them but I find that sort of bad communication pretty rude.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 16:13

I've got both sets (OTB and MO Singles & Rarities) and I'd gladly put them on RapidShare if anyone asks me in private - of course I can't share links here, Korgscrew would kill me. :D Problem is that they, being all FLACs, are huge, and so it would take multiple postings (multiple links) to upload/download all of them. If anyone is interested, and they don't mind about this, they may contact me... ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: April 12 2008, 06:50

Quote (Bassman @ April 10 2008, 08:55)
The "trouble" I referred to was that somehow (and I don't understand how this could have happened) that website has me listed with an entirely different ISP than what my PC actually is.  I've exchanged messages with their Admin so I know their e-mail works.  My last communication with their Admin was that they would somehow re-input the correct numbers.  But, like I said, that was a few weeks ago and I've gotten no word since.  I don't wish to criticize them but I find that sort of bad communication pretty rude.

As far as I know, there's only one person managing and maintaining the tracker who does all this work for free. And I asume that he sometimes won't have enough time to work on some problems as deep as it should, 'cause he also has his own life as everybody here.

About your problem, I can't imagine how your ISP can affect your registration. Anyway, have you tried to register again? If the new account works OK, then you can delete the old one (the number of accounts available on the tracker is limited).
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: April 12 2008, 17:56

I'm an idiot.  I said ISP when I meant IP.

I had a feeling it was that kind of one-man-operation.  That's why I've tried to be patient.  If I had gotten ANY word that would have been better than no word at all.

Re-registering under a different name was one of my first suggestions to the Admin, but he told me not to.  Very odd... I'm sure that would have worked.  Well anyway, maybe it will all work out.  I admire anyone that takes on the responsibility for the work that any web site would require of them.
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: April 15 2008, 14:04

Here's the torrent file from my account. Try to use this one to download the set. If it works it would mean that a new account should work.

Torrent file (deleted)
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: April 15 2008, 17:22

Hi Spinne.  Thanks for checking in to help out.  I had already tried your suggestion several days ago.  I registered on the site with my son's e-mail, DL'ed the torrent, set it in motion and unfortunately, I got the same result as before. That's why I can conclude that the faulty IP address is the problem.  Regardless of who registers under whatever name, if the registration originates from my computer and my computer is the destination of the pieces, they will not go through.  The Admin came to the same conclusion when he asked for confirmation of my IP address.  It's just a matter of them re-inputting it on their end.  But if, as you say, it's a one-man show over there, I don't expect results any time soon and I'd just as soon not be a bother to them.  Just for completeness' sake I tried to go through your account, but still no result.

In any case, you and Ugo have been great for trying to lend a hand, but I feel increasingly uncomfortable that my problem here has become so conspicuous.  I'd just as soon let this particular thread fade from view.  Ugo has been very graciously providing links for me.

Thanks again.
Profile PM 
J1Star Offline

Posted: April 08 2012, 13:23

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm just currently acquiring this 4cd set and I wondered if it was officially published or a fanmade collection? I can't find any info on it so I'm guessing it's fanmade... either way, I'm very excited :)
Profile PM 
11 replies since April 09 2008, 09:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net