Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Old Alan Parsons CD - "AP Live", Is this a boot?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
0+1(I1) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 31 2011, 17:37

IT did not come with details I have seen it on MOes

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2011, 19:17

Quote (0+1(I1) @ Aug. 31 2011, 23:37)
IT did not come with details I have seen it on MOes

Of course it didn't. How many boot releases have details on where does the cover art come from? :D However, I still don't think it was a poster for Mike's NY show.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2011, 02:17

Ugo why are you getting angry?.  I am sorry if you can not understand what I wrote which was: [IT did not come with details I have seen it on MOes.] and Ugo you replied: [ Of course it didn't. How many boot releases have details on where does the cover art come from?  However, I still don't think it was a poster for Mike's NY show.]  What I thought I was writing was;- It did not come with any details! on the site Mike Oldfield es (Spain) fan site where I got it from it only showed the picture of the poster no details were attached or given for it.

When it comes to bootleg albums were they around in 1982?.  I now ask you?.

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2011, 05:33

@ eye-one: I'm not angry at anyone and sorry if I may have come across at being angry. Regarding the poster, I guess you didn't get any details because even the people at the Spanish site don't have any. :) And regarding bootleg records, they were around since a long time before 1982 - they were around at least since the Seventies.  Of course back then they were vinyl records, now they're CDs, but the substance is the same.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2011, 06:20

That's true for most artists, but the only MO vinyl bootleg is Mirage. I assume other recordings have survive through fans trading them copies on tapes and some have been edited as CD-bootlegs later, probably most around 1992 thanks to the success of TB2 and Warner promoting his then new artist. I mean CDs which looks profesional.

Nowadays, we all know, there are a lot of bootlegs which are really CD-Rs with an sticked label and some artwork, most of them can be found on places such Ebay.

About the New York show, this Five Miles Off The Ground bootleg doesn't have the full show, but the full recording does exist  :cool:
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2011, 15:09

Ugo I have had a look at the dates for bootleg CD & the release of the first CD releases and they did not really get going until 1985\87.  When in 1990 I remember going into a Virgin store in London and in the heart of the store was a huge multi million pound machine creating CD discs.  It was most impressive!!.

It was a long time after this that the home CD BURNER came on the market for home use.  Due to this I would say the CD bootleg market did not really get going until the late 80's early 90's as CD players did not take off until around 1985\87.

The market in Japan & probably some parts of Asia & the USA may of predated England & Europe as so often is the case.

Some points to consider for or against this being the concert poster are to perhaps look for tickets to the show or another poster with definite links, i.e. sales office details on it etc.

I must point out this though; in favour of Ugo's thought that this is not the actual CONCERT POSTER is that the dimensions are not right/normal all the posters I can remember seeing have been rectangular and according to my screen view this poster/album  cover is square plus it has no sales office details.

There is nothing to tell us that this was not created in the time frame dated on the artwork or if it was created recently of course, it could be the cover artwork to a recently produced bootleg CD or album.  The scan of the artwork\picture quality is low resolution, is this a clue to its authenticity could it point (or link it) to it being a bootleg?.

If the above is so and it is the cover from a bootleg of the show this would still not rule out the possibility that they would/could still of used a cut down version of the shows promotional poster!.

To me this looks like it has Mikes magic touch captured on/innit in the fairytale picture, hence I would "ER" IMHO towards it being his work that may well of been used at a later date as a bootleg cover.

I found a page with the artwork on it here:- http://www.mike-oldfield.es/verfoto.asp?id=3726

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
45 replies since Jan. 19 2005, 10:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net