Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Official Mike Oldfield Site, Finally Updated< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 08 2017, 07:55

Mike's official website has finally been updated for the Return To Ommadawn coverage. It includes Mike's musical history, and talk about making the new album, and it also includes lots of new photographs and Mike and his instruments :)

Mike Oldfield Official
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2017, 13:35

excellent  :) I just read this too, and now I am looking forward to 20th January more than ever...the words written on the website make me think I can imagine what the new album will sound like, but I know that the experience of listening will be something different entirely - the feeling will be there also and that we cannot guess. Really cannot wait now...

and btw, it was so good to see some lovely photos of Mike looking relaxed, happy and very well (with wonderful dawg too!!;)

bee  :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2017, 08:31

If you read the biography, Mike talks about the last four years being bad for him, and says he has had a long legal battle, what is he referring to there? is it his divorce?

On the other hand, I hope he has taken all the hard last 4 years and poured it into Return To Ommadawn!!
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2017, 03:31

I imagine it must be...Nuclear from Man on the Rocks back in 2014 hinted at that too...hope everything is resolved for all now.

On a different note...I noticed that, in the discography of this website, the descriptions of each album vary in length quite considerably. Tubular Bells, Incantations, Platinum and QE2 have a fair amount said about them, but poor old Tubular Bells II, Voyager and Songs of Distant Earth have rather less. However for Tres Lunas - silence - no words!

Is that due to personal opinion, lack of interest or contractual matters I wonder...I've always liked Tres Lunas - not as obsessively as I do Ommadawn or Amarok or Tubular Bells, but it's a great piece of work and there's the game too ofcourse. :)

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2017, 03:38

I noticed that, in the discography of this website,

I meant MikeOldfieldOfficial.com of course - not Tubular.net

P.S only 8 more sleeps until the new album ! :O

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2017, 13:43

And what about MOTR??? It isn't even mentioned in the discography...

--------------
"...but every while I would remember..."
Profile PM 
5 replies since Jan. 08 2017, 07:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net