Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: off topic?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Kiwwy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 05 2008, 20:10

wasnt there once an "off-topic" section? or was that on another forum? or I just cant find it? :zzz:

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2008, 20:50

There's no such section anymore. That is, if there ever was.

There's a general discussion section that's generally off topic-ish, you'll find it under Tubular Talk.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2008, 04:46

I'm dying with curiosity, here, Kiwwy... were you going to start a new topic or were you looking for an old one? I usually post non-MO stuff in General Discussion or Meet & Greet. Of course, you might try plonking your post wherever and letting the admins sort it out. Not that I endorse such a thing.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2008, 22:50

tubularnet.com
I wouldn't know. I have enough trouble trying to find posts and replies I did two weeks ago

Cheers, Deb
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2008, 05:58

I finally got my motorcycle. Very comfy. Lots of power for a 250cc cruiser.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2008, 15:53

Well, Ike is on his way. In 48 hours I should know the outcome. Has anybody noticed this has been a particulary brutal hurricane season?
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2008, 13:31

Quote (Sweetpea @ Aug. 18 2008, 05:46)
I'm dying with curiosity, here, Kiwwy... were you going to start a new topic or were you looking for an old one? I usually post non-MO stuff in General Discussion or Meet & Greet. Of course, you might try plonking your post wherever and letting the admins sort it out. Not that I endorse such a thing.

Well its something I seem to remember posting about carrot cakes, but must be back around 2004, or something like that...

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2008, 14:10

Off topic you say? Let the threads fray. I'm into chaos and activities which seem to have no meaning(where have we heard that before?).
    So, 30 minutes ago I'm sitting here running my little Jimbo errands on my PC. A large diet coke spills all over my keyboard. I mean the keyboard is swimming in fluid. One reason I prefer "desktops" over "laptops". The CPU, mouse, external HD, are all "elsewhere", safe from the fearsome foamy fluidic fallout. With a laptop your spit out of luck.......So I boot down and think, "I must go get a new keyboard tonight. But damn I'm offline. No entertainment!" But I obviously thought ahead in the past and had a spare keyboard I found(nice one) tucked away that I bought a year ago. Moral: ALWAYS HAVE BACKUP. Mike Oldfield would agree with this, I'm 97.6% certain. Well that's my Tubular big deal for today.
Jimbo

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2008, 15:10

Quote (Scatterplot @ Dec. 08 2008, 15:10)
Off topic you say? Let the threads fray. I'm into chaos and activities which seem to have no meaning(where have we heard that before?).
    So, 30 minutes ago I'm sitting here running my little Jimbo errands on my PC. A large diet coke spills all over my keyboard. I mean the keyboard is swimming in fluid. One reason I prefer "desktops" over "laptops". The CPU, mouse, external HD, are all "elsewhere", safe from the fearsome foamy fluidic fallout. With a laptop your spit out of luck.......So I boot down and think, "I must go get a new keyboard tonight. But damn I'm offline. No entertainment!" But I obviously thought ahead in the past and had a spare keyboard I found(nice one) tucked away that I bought a year ago. Moral: ALWAYS HAVE BACKUP. Mike Oldfield would agree with this, I'm 97.6% certain. Well that's my Tubular big deal for today.
Jimbo

Yeah, I get that alot too.

But atleast I have more computers in the house than I care to count, including one nice 1981 vintage IBM 5150 PC.

And I actually do have a laptop with detachable keyboard, that might be something for you.

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2008, 15:18

Quote (Scatterplot @ Dec. 08 2008, 14:10)
Moral: ALWAYS HAVE BACKUP.

That's a spot on, through hard knocks, pearl of wisdom. I will remember that.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
9 replies since Aug. 05 2008, 20:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net