Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Nothing but/Bridge to Paradise, Why are they connected?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
3Wheeler Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 02 2009, 13:43

Could of been a Tk off a ELO Album.. Didnt Jeff Lynn have a input ?

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2009, 21:57

Still, the fact that the word 'bridge' appears in the title does mean that content has been reflected in form.
Profile PM 
Hillbilly Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2009, 14:07

I recently bought this cd and I wonder the same. As they are two different songs with a pause, though very short, in between them, I don't understand why "Bridges to paradise" is not a separate track. Interesting theories you have though! I'd like to believe in the one that a Mike Oldfield album must have a lengthy song! :D
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 29 2009, 16:01

I was just listening to this today and wondering if it's perhaps some kind of CD authoring mistake - a missing track ID whilst they were adding the PQ marker codes perhaps?

Of course it may have been completely intentional and I'm just expecting the worst.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2010, 11:53

Quote (hiawatha @ July 14 2005, 14:49)
I think that "Nothing But.." has a sort of "prelude" quality to it that makes it fit better leading it something else (no matter how apparently unrelated) than as a stand-alone track.

It can be a prelude, or also would have been a brilliant finale for the album, similar to what happens to 'The Time Has Come' being before 'When the Night's on Fire'.

Delfín>>

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2011, 19:22

It is a long time ago that I sore a connection or link here or a bridge being built but I feel this one may need a structural engineer to be summoned to site for tests, unless the builder can be found & questioned?.
In the mean time I will do a bit of groundwork, dig a few holes and check the foundations, its better to be safe than sorry when it comes to bridges, you want them to stay up whilst your on them & be still there should you want to recross back over, or at least be sure  you will like what is on the other side in case you get stuck. Lets hope Mike has put the right sign up & the toll is not to high.
But I believe if my memory serves me right I was inclined towards the link above stated, I suppose the real question is much bigger is it a musical bridge or something else?.

Regarding the integrity or flow of this album, it to me seems to start with a one off admission of guilt/shame & fear followed by an overwhelming love/joy found innocence, we then hear about effort to construct a bridge to paradise followed by in runaway son what I believe I can hear is evangelical preaching signifying a calling to religion and that is continued right to the end in holy.
& latter in TB III we hear the silent church bell speak as the song birds sing praises of the one,(well according to the ancient ones).
NOTHING WEIERD HERE?? or is someone keeping secrets?

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
25 replies since July 16 2002, 15:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net