[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Not too good< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 14 2008, 06:16

Quote (Holger @ Aug. 26 2003, 19:17)
All in all, I quite like the album; I just think it's a shame that with very little or no extra effort, it could have been so much better. MIDI drums on a guitar-only album? No thanks, Mike!

Seeing as how I wrote the above five years ago, I now find that reply a little simplistic... I still think the album had the potential to turn out better than it actually did, but I've come to like it more and more over time. In fact it's definitely one of my favourites from the period between Amarok and MotS.
The playing is great, all in all. The production could have been handled a bit differently I guess. I do think real drums would have worked nicely at least on the rockier tracks. The tunes themselves may not be the greatest Mike has ever come up with, but the only one I find myself not particularly liking is the "East" section from Four Winds; otherwise they're all very enjoyable.
Profile PM 
J1Star Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 11 2012, 13:14

I disagree with the opinion that all the songs are mere experiments bar Muse... there are some really interesting melodies in most of the other tracks. I say this album is just as valid as his other albums, it's just trying something different.
Profile PM 
21 replies since May 22 2002, 07:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net