Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Not in any UK shops< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
simmo2005 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 16 2006, 08:37

Sorry to start a new topic on this, but i've been to HMV/VIRGIN stores in london in the hope of purchasing LFM
but no one has any copies- their systmens are saying it's released on 15/5 but they have no copies on order etc.

Has anyone in the UK purchased this DVD in the shops as opposed to website shops?

Thanks
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: May 16 2006, 10:26

well it wasn't in HMV in Rochdale thisafternoon!
Profile PM 
Sonilink Offline

Posted: May 16 2006, 10:32

that's not normal

--------------
Take the Time
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: May 16 2006, 11:16

Nope - went round all my local music/video stores here in Chesterfield yesterday (A HMV, MusicZone and a local indepenent store) - Not one copy between them :( :( :(

Tony :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: May 19 2006, 10:26

Finally got mine- HMV OXFORD ST had a delivery of 4- they were supposed to get 30 apparently.

It's no wonder MO struggles to shift copies of his stuff if they aren't made available EASILY to the casual buyer!! If they don't stock it- how do they expect to shift copies????
Profile PM 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: May 19 2006, 10:29

UPDATE- Live in Montreux is NUMBER 2 best-selling music DVD on play.com - it's obviously selling very well online- just not in the shops :)
Profile PM 
Falc04 Offline

Posted: May 19 2006, 11:15

Can someone who has this please give a track listing of the songs, and a small review of content and quality?

Thanks!
Profile PM 
CuNimb Offline

Posted: May 23 2006, 07:04

Yes, a track list would be good. Just noticed that I live about 15 mins away from ImAFoolAndImLaughing :)

--------------
Happy? ha ha ha....
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: May 23 2006, 07:12

Is that right? Whereabouts are you, CuNimb?

Tony :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
CuNimb Offline

Posted: May 25 2006, 02:37

Hi Tony,

I live near Mansfield! :)

--------------
Happy? ha ha ha....
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: June 22 2006, 19:13

Funnily (annoyingly) enough, it doesn't seem to be available in any stores in Finland either, not in the big record stores nor the small indie stores that usually have been well-stocked with Mike's stuff. All rather odd. I ended up ordering it from CDon.com, alongside Berlin 2000 (which was on sale with a 45% discount) and Tubular Bells II + III (52% discount), so in the end it was probably better I ordered from there because I got the other two real cheap, but still it's rather odd it simply isn't available in stores at all.
Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 23 2006, 19:22

On my two most recent visits to HMV in Luton I didn't see the Live at Montreux DVD  :( .  I did however find  and buy the CD of Queen II for £4.99 in the sale  :cool: , great album. I couldn't play  Queen II as I only had it on LP until a few days ago. I don't have a turntable ATM so can't play my LPs.

In the way ofMike DVDs were Elements and Exposed, and CD's were Ommadawn, the Platinum Collection and  the single Elements  CD, also in the sale for a bargain price of £3.99 was Tubular Bells .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
glasgow_tubular Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2006, 10:16

I got live in montreux in hmv glasgow yesterday for a tenner. not watched all of it yet but its the first time ive seen it in a shop. They had another one ive not got but cant remember what one it was. I found it pretty easy to get Mike cds here but there still really expensive.

--------------
www.myspace.com/allaroundmyhat
Profile PM 
12 replies since May 16 2006, 08:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net