Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Noah debuts on guitar, with his mother Anita as a< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Elf Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 30 2007, 17:45

I received an email from Anita Hegerland today, where she told me that on Saturday 4th of August, she will be performing at Verdensteateret (theater of the world) in Sandefjord in Norway.

Noah Oldfield is also performing, making this his first ever professional gig as a guitarist. He and his mother will be performing several Mike Oldfield songs, in addition to other material.

I will do my best to try and get more information about this performance. I'm unable to go myself unfortunately, but if anyone reading this will be attending, please let me know.

Tickets can be bought at http://www.verdensteateret.no
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 30 2007, 22:37

I think Tubularman lives on the city that the concert is going to happen...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
bee Offline

Posted: July 31 2007, 03:47

For one, brief moment before I'd read the whole post, I thought he was going to be involved in Music of the Spheres with Mike. I'd like to think that was a possibility one day on some composition. Love to see them play together.

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: July 31 2007, 04:10

Some pictures/recordings perhaps?  ;)

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: July 31 2007, 21:41

Quote (Elf @ July 30 2007, 23:45)
I received an email from Anita Hegerland today, where she told me that on Saturday 4th of August, she will be performing at Verdensteateret (theater of the world) in Sandefjord in Norway.

Noah Oldfield is also performing, making this his first ever professional gig as a guitarist. He and his mother will be performing several Mike Oldfield songs, in addition to other material.

I will do my best to try and get more information about this performance. I'm unable to go myself unfortunately, but if anyone reading this will be attending, please let me know.

Tickets can be bought at http://www.verdensteateret.no

that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and yes i will be there, of course! ;)
tati had right. But i did not know that she would play MO songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: July 31 2007, 21:53

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums....nbn.jpg

anyway,
i will be there and take photos. I hope to get some autographs and enjoy the show from the front. It is not a big place at all.
It is very nice there. Last time i was there, must just have been some weeks. It was High Hopes, cover band "pink floyd"
I look forward to it. (with anita and noah)
It is almost no info about the concert.. :( That is missing..
How do you know that Noah is going there???????????????????

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Elf Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2007, 05:05

Quote (Tubularman @ July 31 2007, 21:53)
How do you know that Noah is going there???????????????????

Because Anita told me :)

Great that you will be there! I'll contact you privately, very shortly :)
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2007, 18:28

Great to know your interview skills were so good Anita keeps in touch Elf  :cool:

And let us know all about it Kay, should be a good night.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Elf Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2007, 18:41

I got a new message from Anita today after I asked her about more info about the show:

"There will  be five additional musicians on stage with me. Among them are two guitarists. I will perform several songs from my CD Voices, six Mike Oldfield songs and a few of my personal favorites.

There is a chance of this performance being filmed, I'll let you know..."

Anita also asked me to check if anyone from outside of Norway will be coming to see the concert. Please contact me if you plan to!
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2007, 20:33

she and Noah appered on Tv Vestfold today.
They played an extract version of "innocent"
enjoy folks

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cwknyFzBfdg

I look forward to this!
And in my town!!!  :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
onion Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2007, 03:30

oooh my god........just watched the youtube video... I can see that Noah have inherited Mike Oldfields "seriousness" -  he seemed unhappy and not comfortable in the situation or do I misinterpret the video???

It is of course a heavy heavy lift to go after his fathers footsteps as an musician (guitarist) ..

well anyways.....good luck with the show, Anita have a lovely voice..

Mike

--------------
Are soft boiled eggs supposed to make a crunchy noise when you eat them?
Profile PM 
David® Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2007, 09:16

Thank you very much by the video, Tubularman.
It is a very good curiosity :)

Greetings.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2007, 19:22

Anita Hegerland is by far the best vocalist even having sung in an Oldfield album. The clean, Scandinavian quality of her voice (very reminding of beautiful 'Abba';) haunts me in a special way, the brightness and colour of her voice and her perfect English pronunciation leave behind even great Maggie Reilly and Barry Palmer.

Specially in 'Pictures in the Dark' and 'Northpoint' she reachas the top of expression and beauty in her singing. She is certainly goodlooking as well :D (had to say the last one)

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2007, 19:24

Elf, just tell her!!! I really mean it.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Elf Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2007, 16:34

A rather crappy article about Anita's concert at Verdensteateret can be found here -> http://www.sb.no/article/20070806/KULTUR/708060009/1047/KULTUR

I've done a fast translation of it:

Reminiscing with old friends

There was a lot of reminiscing and a lot of people who knew each other when Anita Hegerland did her concert at Verdensteateret.

- It’s great fun to be in Sandefjord again, says Anita Hegerland. These days she is travelling around and will be doing ten gigs. Her first stop was Sandefjord.

Lately Anita Hegerland has been in Germany, and a few weeks ago over six million Germans saw her television performance. But before the concert at Verdensteateret she was most of all curious about how many friends that would show up. – It’s great to on ones home turf, and I’m sure there will be a lot of family and friends there.

Among the audience we find Lise Lund and Inger Mohus. Every summer they take a girls trip, and this year they decided to attend Anita Hegerland’s concert. Lund has travelled from her cottage at Risør and Mohus has travelled from Sandvika. They both know some of Hegerland’s music. They both find it exciting that her son, Noah Hegerland, will be playing guitar in his mother’s band. This is the first time they have heard her live, and they are anxious to hear her perform Mike Oldfield’s songs. - She’s a child star, so it will be exciting to hear her as a grown up, says Lund.

Then Hegerland takes the stage. She performs Mike Oldfield’s “Moonlight Shadow” and Simon and Garfunkels’ “The Boxer.” The audience is humming along, and after really hitting full speed with “Family Man,” she admits: - I can really feel that I’m no longer twenty years old.

Then she sits down, and now she recognises everyone in the audience that she knows. She greets them and laughs, and so does the audience. The she does a bit of more reminiscing and sings one of her children’s songs: “Jeg skal male hele verden, lille mamma” (I will paint the entire world, little mom).

When Verdensteateret announced their retro summer, Hegerland was mentioned as a possible performer, something that most people in Sandefjord were happy about. Anita feels that it’s important for artists to have such a venue in Sandefjord, and that local residents can use the venue as well. As far as her own plans go, she will be releasing a new CD, most likely next spring.
Profile PM 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2007, 17:12

Lately Anita Hegerland has been in Germany, and a few weeks ago over six million Germans saw her television performance.

What???  :O

Why didn't I know that??? Must have slept very deeply... When and where was it? Please, Elf, do you know any details?
:/

--------------
"...but every while I would remember..."
Profile PM 
Kim456 Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2021, 05:46

It is so sweet. The idea is great! I would like to see the video with this debut. I think it was a wonderful show. It's a shame I missed it. I have not much free time lately.

--------------
Visit http://essay-writers-help.com/ for qualified writing help
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2021, 02:59

Hi Kimberly, welcome to the forum :)
Profile PM 
17 replies since July 30 2007, 17:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net