Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: No News?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularUSA Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 22 2017, 08:53

I guess I should have come to expect this by now, but it's disappointing to visit the main page and see there are still no news posts since June.  There's always such a long and undetermined amount of time you have to wait for anything new.  RTO is long since bought and listened too.  It's time for some new deluxe editions to come out for the remaining albums.  Just figured there'd be something posted about them by now.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2017, 04:39

I expect there will be a TB4 update soon. But I am surprised that the deluxe editions seem to have ground to a halt. Is Mike still working on them? It's Islands next isn't it?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2017, 14:43

Be interesting to see if the deluxe editions continue. I suspect Mike's enthusiasm for Islands, Earth Moving and Heavens Open isn't that high. We might find he just moves straight to Amarok, which we know he's talked about wanting to remix.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2017, 02:49

Well, Earth Moving doesn't really need a 5.1 surround sound version at all, but I suspect The Wind Chimes in 5.1 is a must, could sound incredible :) Earth Moving could include acoustic demo's and live versions.
Profile PM 
TubularUSA Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2017, 13:21

Looking forward to having Islands, Earth Moving and Heavens Open in Deluxe format.  That would be nice to have some of the demos and alternative takes for some of these tracks released in HQ (Gimme Back Demo, Far Country Demo, Innocent, etc.) in addition to Wind Chimes.

I'm really hoping Amarok and TB II aren't far behind.  A demo and live version of Amarok would be great as this is one of my favorite pieces of his and the there never seemed to be any extras out there for this album.  Also, for TB II, hopefully he releases the entire demo version (pre-trevor horn) as those bits are my favorite.
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2017, 11:22

The re-issues/remixes were coming out yearly up to Crisis/FMO in 2013, when he wasn't making new music & in interviews supporting the releases, mentioned he was semi-retired.

Since 2013 he has been working on new music, so the old stuff looks like its taken a back seat, there was a 3 year gap up til Discover/KF
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2017, 11:24

Though, I do think he could take advantage of the Christmas market with Deluxe releases around that time... he said hopefully...

But I imagine any Christmas release would have been announced & on pre order by now
Profile PM 
TubularUSA Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2017, 14:29

Wow, past the midpoint in November already and still nothing...not even an announcement about something to look forward to in Q1 2018 which I would think would be announced by now.  My prediction is that we won't see anything until Fall of 2018 which is really disappointing.
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 27 2017, 16:31

I think a Mike Oldfield re-release would likely get lost in the Christmas market, they could have far more impact at other times of year.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2017, 20:03

Perhaps he's busy with TB4?
Profile PM 
Fints1981 Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2018, 11:14

it seems that there's nobody to post here as i can see this post hasn't been updated since 2017. maybe a bump would help? hi all. why no news? https://delicerecipes.com/tom-yum....-recipe
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2018, 11:22

I would love to here some news from Mike, but it is unfortunately silent.
Profile PM 
TubularUSA Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2020, 16:29

Holy crap, still nothing?  Throw us a bone, Mike!  Does anyone have a clue what's going on with the Deluxe Editions or if they will continue...ever?  I'd take anything at this point and not complain.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2020, 17:50

Quote (TubularUSA @ Feb. 13 2020, 16:29)
 Throw us a bone, Mike!  

Try the Wind Chimes video  :laugh:
Profile PM 
13 replies since Sep. 22 2017, 08:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net