Group: Members
Posted: May 14 2020, 07:05

Only when he looked in the mirror  :p
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: June 02 2020, 15:58

Quote (ARROW @ May 13 2020, 20:43)
Quote (manintherain @ Feb. 23 2006, 01:45)
In 1987 he moved out of it in order to find a new home with his then newly girlfriend Anita. After looking at a couple of houses which included one belonging to Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber she found Roughwood Croft in Nightingales Lane in Chalfont St. Giles, Buckinghamshire.

In 1999 he sold his house to Noel Gallagher of Oasis famefor "a bit more than half" the original cost, other sources mention £5 million.

This is not factually correct.

Mike Oldfield did indeed purchase and live in Roughwood Croft in Nightingales Lane in Chalfont St. Giles, Buckinghamshire.

However, when he sold the house it was not to Noel Gallagher of Oasis, but to someone else.

Noel Gallagher of Oasis purchased a different house on the same road, Nightingales Lane, namely The Sheiling.

How do I know this? Because I have lived in Nightingales Lane since 1987 and live only a few houses away from Roughwood Croft and The Sheiling.

The Sheiling was sold last year by Noel Galllagher to Dario Franchitti the scottish racing driver.

Going back to my post some 14 years ago I have to add, that my comments on selling his house referred to Es Cubells on Ibiza, not on Roughwood Croft in Chalfont St. Giles.

Edited by manintherain on June 03 2020, 01:28
Profile PM 
Blewog Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 01 2020, 09:38

Did Mike have a recording studio at Roughwood Croft?  I bought a very large and beautiful painting at auction very close to Chalfont St Giles in the late 90's with an Oldfields Studio sticker on the back.  The auctioneer informed me that it had come from the sale of Mike's house.
Profile PM 
22 replies since Jan. 15 2006, 17:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net