Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: News from Music Week magazine< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBelle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 06 2005, 04:16

No this is terrible news, if everything is re-packaged and re-released I am going to have the buy the entire catalogue again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Ddave_73 Offline

Posted: July 18 2005, 16:53

Superb news

I have all mikes work and have started re collecting the Original Vinyl recordings (lost my old ones :( ) yet I still crave more .

what I crave is hergest ridge , ommadawn , amorak and incantations to be given the full dolby digital or dts audio makeover .

I personaly did not enjoy the dvd-a of tb2003 as I found the seperation and movement of audio was simply ghastly and had not been given propper thaught and respect . ( Mike did not do the 5.1 mix correct ? )

After listening to  Pink Floyds Dark side of the moon , animals and a few other 5.1 remasters I am hugely impressed with what can be done to older music if its done well .

DSOTM unlike TB2003`s 5.1 mix sounds awesome with real thaught given to what sound should come out of what speaker and when .

With tb2003 it seams as if the person mixin git had just got a new crossfader and was simply testing it and for most of the album the sound seams to just fade from one place to another with no real emotion .

Please please look deeply into the higher quality formats and please please consider re mixing or even REMAKING all the old classics :) into at least DTS Audio :)

If mike does everything in 5.1 then 5.1 systems would surely sell  500% more units ;)
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: July 20 2005, 10:17

Can we have an influence on Mercury in order to have good remasters/new editions ? (with Original Mixes, Bonus tracks (expanded albums like the new Yes albums editions)...)
It will be so nice if the fans could advise the Mercury team... We should write them a beautiful letter... :p

I don't want another bad Virgin-like HDCD remasters !
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: July 20 2005, 12:47

Quote (captain cavern @ July 20 2005, 10:17)
It will be so nice if the fans could advise the Mercury team... We should write them a beautiful letter... :p

I don't want another bad Virgin-like HDCD remasters !

im in!!
:)

but would it help??  :/

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: July 21 2005, 07:27

Quote (jayjay16428 @ June 09 2005, 14:43)
These discs include Multi-channnel & Stereo Sacd and regular CD Stereo versions so they would be compatible with ANY CD player. :)

In theory.

I've got one SACD/CD hybrid album (Tago Mago by Can) and it does not play on my stereo. So personally I'd rather have separate CD and SACD editions as then I could be certain I can really play the discs I buy.
Profile PM WEB 
ATTMO Offline

Posted: July 22 2005, 10:30

hmm virgin is losing it's roots

a quad to 5.1 would be interesting especially of the unreleased incantaions quad master

--------------
"Such is life; and we are but as grass that is cut down, and put into the oven and baked" - Jerome K Jerome
Profile PM 
sohfar Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2005, 16:22

Mike, Mercury, any chance of a little snippet... Just a little 10 second snippet?.  Please     :p

--------------
HEALTH WARNING
This record could be hazardous to the health
of cloth-eared nincompoops. If you suffer from this
condition, consult your Doctor immediately.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2005, 18:49

I was pointed to this link by Alex on irc..

light & shade 26.9.05

Hmm...

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2005, 19:08

Light and Shade?
Hummm...sounds interesting in terms of expressing the concept of the album(light - CD1 / shade - CD2).
The album name doesn't care much to me,but the music,yeah.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
algenicus002 Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2005, 14:18

Hmmm... This means we'll most likely lose the HDCD format of the Virgin remasters. This would be good ONLY if Mike switches to SACD for good. And, guys, DVD-A is dead and buried.
Profile PM 
29 replies since June 03 2005, 16:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net