Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New video presentation at Music VR< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 18 2001, 13:17

The Music VR website has been updated with a 7min33 video presentation of the project and new pictures. On Jun 19, the 'Demo' section has been renamed 'Part1 Free', and some sounds have been added to the site.
Profile PM 
Wojtek Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 18 2001, 14:15

Ehh... I cannot see anything. Would it be possibble, to make second server somewhere on the continent? Transfer from Music VR to Poland is too slow. E.g. I had been downloading MusicVR demo 20 hours!
Profile PM 
Mark 1 Offline

Posted: June 18 2001, 15:06

Well... what can I say? I really like what's happening with the MVR project and I loved the interview, but especially the voice-over makes this video feel like a bad infomercial rather than something wortwile. I rather hate being told how good and 'wholesome' something is. Again, I like the MVR project and its music and images, but I don't like the tone of this commercial one bit.

But maybe I'm just sceptic. smile
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 18 2001, 20:05

I had trouble viewing it as well, seemed the RealPlayer plugin was being a bit funny. Luckily, there is another way...

Take a look at either

http://www.mike-oldfield.com/realvideo/MVRV_30kbps.ram

or

http://www.mike-oldfield.com/realvideo/MVRV_45kbps.ram

or

http://www.mike-oldfield.com/realvideo/MVRV_80kbps.ram

Maybe that won't help, but if you're having trouble with the plugin, those direct links should then launch it in the realplayer application.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 19 2001, 14:10

Yeah!!! It's fantastic!!! I LOVE IT!!! It's great, wonderfull, amazing, nice!!!

Unregistered

Posted: June 19 2001, 14:21

saw the video,no problem.can,t wait to see the whole thing ,it looks great.
gorjanbak Offline

Posted: June 19 2001, 14:32

Yeah.After all I think that this video tell us what to ecspect.And I think that it will be great pleasure to play and enjoy to MVR.But when it will be realised.How and will it be able on CD we'll see.!
And somethink else.I hope that there will be more music than on 'Guitars' and 'Millennium Bell'.Something up to 55 minutes.
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 19 2001, 17:07

It says: Site update 19th June 2001.
And it doesn't run. (Not even at Korgscrew's links).
How can I make it?

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 19 2001, 23:41

The video is meant to be a bit 'comercially' so I can accept that. Overall it gives a wonderful overview of this unique and exciting project which is growing on me quickly for my initially skepticism. I love the way Mike asks some youth into his studio to try out MVR and they seem to be lapping it up (as does Mike).

Awesome!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Thomas Andersson Offline

Posted: June 20 2001, 05:50

hmm, i'm getting weird green stuff all over the video. anyone else experiencing this?
Profile PM WEB 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: June 20 2001, 14:47

It's a great video and all...but it shows you what happens at the end of the game! blah.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 20 2001, 15:46

After seeing the movie, I thought: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEESOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! smile

I especially like those termites (great fun!), the horses and of course, swimming with the dolphin!! wink

I like how the voice-over speaks of the game where you don't have to shoot. Music VR should be known worldwide, I say! smile

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: June 21 2001, 02:41

mike you are the best!!!! the video is indeed a great teaser... cant wait to play the whole thing!!!!

AWESOME MIKE JUST AWESOME!!!!!!! :-)

btw... have you concidered talking to TechTV over here in the states about the project? they are always looking for new and interesting games to show! :-)

all the best

christopher

ps im now flying FarAboveTheClouds with Southwest Airlines... yay! :-) hey i might be your flight attendant sometime :-)
Profile PM 
12 replies since June 18 2001, 13:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net