[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New Song...i need your advice...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Crises Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 10 2003, 11:25

Hey all,

Part Three (right click save-target-as)

i just wrote a new track for my album, i'm very unhappy and happy with it...can anyone give me some comments or critisicm? i really need to know what people think about it.

Thanks for your time

-Crises

Part Three (right click save-target-as)

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 10 2003, 11:37

Hello,
      the only thing i could suggest is lower the bass line a little it seems to overpower at some points, other than that i found the track to be really rather good well done!   :)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Crises Offline

Posted: May 10 2003, 11:47

Will do!

Thanks for taking the time to listen to it ;)

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: May 10 2003, 16:00

Listening now. From what I hear, I think just the piano is a little too loud. Very nice composition! I enjoyed it very much. Qulaity is also excellent! It says "(without guitars)" is there a guitar version yet? I'd like to hear it :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Crises Offline

Posted: May 10 2003, 16:13

LOL, well that composition was done in the last two days and i left my guitar at school :laugh: so i'll add the guitar parts on monday i suppose :D

That is actually about 13 minutes into the song hence the 'part three'. parts one and two are finished so ill post the whole song up when it's done.

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
bevy Offline

Posted: May 10 2003, 17:12

n1, i think its ok,no prob with the bass.
 but then again my headphones r very tinney.
will put it through the speakers in the morn : )

btw, for some one who is 15, think i was playing the spoons @ 15 : )  well done again

=Bevy=
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: May 10 2003, 19:22

15... damn, you're three years (and probably more as I haven't reach this level of sound quality yet) ahead of me! Use them! Don't waste them to booze as I did.  :D

Allright, to the track. I agree with bugular tell about the stringy bass-line. A bit playing around with it at the points where it overpowers would improve it big time.
I don't agree with MusicallyInspired's remark of the piano. Lowering the volume of the piano would indeed result in a more 'mainstream track', but I think it's charming as it is now in another way. I would keep it like this.
The little 'gasps' in the sound like at 3:16 are a bit annoying though. If you get the chance, fix them.

I'm going to wait with commenting the composition till you have the guitars on it. I don't want to look like a fool if the guitars will seem to fill in the 'empty holes' in the composition. I don't want to say it is plain now, because it is already quite constructive, but I can imagine that a guitar could improve it.

Nice job. Keep composing!

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: May 10 2003, 20:22

I don't agree with MusicallyInspired's remark of the piano. Lowering the volume of the piano would indeed result in a more 'mainstream track', but I think it's charming as it is now in another way.

Well, I suppose. It's just the first (and only) thing I noticed upon listening to it. :) I agree it works fine like it is now.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Square Offline

Posted: May 12 2003, 11:40

Quite nice and atmospheric. Piano + flutes bits remind me of a certain Tangerine Dream track, I can't remember which one.
Profile PM 
8 replies since May 10 2003, 11:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net