Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New single "To Be Free" announced< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
theweightless Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 23 2002, 18:36

they wouldn't put 4 versions on the cd, would they?

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2002, 21:28

I wouldn't think, personally, that all four versions of 'To Be Free' would be on the 'Tres Lunas' CD, if this is what you mean. But I do suspect that the four may be available on the single CD, or at least the single released in some countries. It would save Mike having to come up with additional tracks for the single, saves having to produce different versions for different countries, and would be different to (and probably easier than) getting others to remix the track. If all four are released together, then it also makes it easier for collectors to get a copy of each version while only buying one CD. Although, if I were the record company, I'd probably spread the versions out across different CDs, and have the collectors buy more, to ensure that I got more money (because being a record company, I see money as more important than making life easier for fans). Unfortunately (for me), I'm not the record company, and so I don't get any money from this. wink

When I saw the title 'To Be Free', it struck me as summing up what MVR is, ideally, about. Mike wants peoples' minds to be free when roaming the MVR worlds. and so I think that the single would probably be more about this than, say, fighting for the right to live in freedom (Ev'rybody talkin' about freeeeedom/We're talkin' about freeeeeeeedom...). Although there's always the chance that it could be along these lines (even though MVR is supposedly non-violent (except the swords bit)).

I do agree with Olivier about Mike's best works having 'unexpected, weird nice titles'. That's always something I look for in an album- if there's a track with a weird title or one that seems interesting to me, that's the track I pay most attention to the first few times I listen to it. But then again, I'm a person who considers the title to be the most important part of a piece of schoolwork, and if it doesn't have a bad pun in it, it's not a good title.

I suppose we can speculate all we want, until all is revealed in the next two months.
Profile PM WEB 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2002, 23:14

i would think that all 4 versions will be on the single. desperatly awaiting a final tracklsiting and album cover for Tres Lunas so i finally have something to update of my site, http://www.global.net.au/~holmangp

Also awaiting a midi file of it, when it gets released.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 24 2002, 13:22

It's nice to see they've got the HTML version up...means people can avoid the evils of flash if they choose...

As for the single...we'll see...we'll see...
Profile PM 
CHuLoYo Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2002, 17:48

Alguien lo puede traducir al castellano? Es que no se qué dice la noticia.

Can you translate to spanish the new?

--------------
www.ommadawn.es.vg
Profile PM WEB 
peralta Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2002, 08:03

dice ke saldrá un single en 4 idiomas diferentes inglés, español, alemán y francés.
¿en 1 cd? o en cds diferentes? nadie lo sabe
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2002, 12:47

"Estamos acabando el disco. Tendrá 13 pistas una de las cuales será un single llamado To be free. El single será editado en inglés, español (o castellano, como queráis), francés y alemán. Estamos trabajando en la nueva demo que postearemos muy pronto. Todas las pistas juntandose al fin! He encontrado una bonita nueva forma de tocar la guitarra para que suene como un saxofón o una flauta. Escucharé el album esta tarde, después me iré a los "dindins Thai(?)"

Por cierto rocco, AUPA ATHLETIC ...6-1

...something like that, my english is not very good, sorry.

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2002, 12:56

I think To be free will be something like The bell single, there will be some singles edited each one in it´s country, or the four versions in the same single...

I want to break free, I want to break free...lol

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
CHuLoYo Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2002, 14:16

Gracias por traducir

Thanks for translate.

--------------
www.ommadawn.es.vg
Profile PM WEB 
Allan_N Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 25 2002, 19:18

Just the name 'To Be Free' gives me the creeps. It sounds like something that only ********* and ****-*********** new age ***** like Medwyn Goodall (visit www.medwyngoodall.com, an **** in ******) could come up with (or European songwriters).

Mike really needs a taste counselor...and Bill Smith Studio! (although I think their artwork for Guitars was quite lame...it reminds me of all these flashy 90's pop records with strong colors etc).

(This post has been censored by the New Age Protection Agency)
Profile PM WEB 
Shingebis Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2002, 19:23

timshen wrote:
Maybe he likes the sound of a fart!!!!!!!!

"And nothing was heard from him again... except for the sound of turbulent bowels."

(sorry, couldn't resist it...)
Profile PM 
Mark 1 Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2002, 15:53

Ok - that's my number 1 for this years bad/good puns contest! biggrin
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2002, 22:58

Ho! Ho! Ho!

...and maybe 'To Be Free' refers to the noise the gas makes when it is free from the turbulent bowels!!!

..now this is getting out of hand (or should I say, out of bottom?)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2002, 23:03

Hey! Why do most seem to dislike the title 'To Be Free'. It's only because titles with 'free' or 'freedom' seem to relate to tacky songs - if not for theseconnotations the title would have no or little opposition.

Taken purely in its own right I see nothing wrong with this title and find it quite uplifting - of course a title without hearing the music is nothing! It's what they are together that's the important thing.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 27 2002, 12:07

All talk about this single is irrelevant, especially as no-one has heard it yet. I am just looking forward, so long as it is noyhing like Earth Moving.
theweightless Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2002, 16:35

that would be nice ... earth moving was good biggrin ... really

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2002, 19:36

Turbulent Bowels = The Wind Chimes

Perhaps Mike wants 'To Be Free' of this affliction??

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2002, 08:02

'Out demon out!' - Oh to be FREE!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2002, 08:39

Mmmmmmm, since I read the title "To be Free", I really thought Mike was turning commercial. :-( I hope he doesn't. Well, time will tell, and we'll see how it will sound....

He should make an Amarok II !!! And only use acoustic instruments (and not much synth really) :-)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 30 2002, 16:13

Okay, the title of the single is a bit foolish, but this are very interesting and surprising news- Mike`s last vocal songs were on "heaven`s open" and this is 11 years ago ("man in the rain" from TBIII was composed in the 80ies). After his vocal song period Mike changed in style and I can`t wait to hear what kind of vocal song he makes after 11 years doing instrumental music. So for me this are very good news and it looks that Tres Lunas will include some surprisings... Excuse my english!
42 replies since Mar. 21 2002, 14:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net