Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New Server = New Site Design, May need some help...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 15 2005, 18:19

Hey, everyone. I've just gotten a new server for my website (many thanks to Mikex for hosting!! ) and I'm thinking about updating the design layout of my site. Only problem is, I'm not too good at it. I'm not happy with the way I make websites. They seem too boring lol.

I was wondering if there was anyone here with more experience that could design one for me and/or work with me on making one. I'm looking for something different than it's current look (or something similar, if it works for me) and much more professional. If anyone's interested in designing a nice professional-looking site for free (it's also possible to talk about doing it for a fee if you'd like, as I'm very interested in having a nice professional looking site that I can eventually sell my music from), please reply here or drop me a line at shine64@rocketmail.com!

Thanks, guys.

EDIT: BTW, new tune in the works.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2005, 05:00

Hey Brandon, if you like my website I could support you with something similar :) only thing is that your server has to support PHP and MySQL, hit me up on MSN if you want ;)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
mikex Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 16 2005, 07:08

Quote (BOOsTER @ Aug. 16 2005, 10:00)
Hey Brandon, if you like my website I could support you with something similar :) only thing is that your server has to support PHP and MySQL, hit me up on MSN if you want ;)

Hi Mr BOOsTER,

I host Brandon's site and here are the details if this helps:

The hosting is on Windows2003 and features IIS6, the latest version of the reliable Microsoft web server software. It is capable of using PHP, Perl and CGI scripts.

By the way, love your music!   :)

--------------
Anthropolologee, upstairs and inside a revelation is blinking well baffling!
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2005, 08:30

Leave Mr out mate :)

just one thing comes to mind when I read your post Microsoft and reliable oh well ok :) great news, now just let's wait to what Brandon says to it :)

thanks for info and praise Mikex

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 16 2005, 10:42

So are you saying you can't do it, Booster? I'd like to collab with you on an idea if you still can!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2005, 11:52

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Aug. 16 2005, 16:42)
So are you saying you can't do it, Booster? I'd like to collab with you on an idea if you still can!

I can do it :) only thing I need is the access info ... we can make up a plan when I catch you on MSN...or if you want you can e-mail me booster(at)centrum.cz

I can make you similar site as I have, with administrator backend so you can easily edit it, without knowing HTML or anything :)

if you want I can also show u how the administration looks on my site so you can look at it

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 16 2005, 18:16

Sounds good, Booster! I'll give you the login info later on through email or MSN. First part of my afternoon is a little booked, but tonight I can work on it :)! Talk to you then.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2005, 05:16

sure :) hope I will make soomething that you'll like :)

--------------
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2005, 06:27

Hi Brandon.

Seem to have missed this post earlier.
I just saw you didn't update your site yet.
If you want me contribute anything let me know.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 26 2005, 12:26

Actually, yes I would like some help. Booster needed mysql to make a design for me, but I don't have mysql enabled on my server. Email me and we'll talk more!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Wayfarer Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2005, 17:21

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Aug. 26 2005, 18:26)
Actually, yes I would like some help. Booster needed mysql to make a design for me, but I don't have mysql enabled on my server. Email me and we'll talk more!

mysql? Why?

I mean, well, are you going to put dynamic content and are you expecting to have 1000s of daily visitors? ;)

I think there are lots of things that can be done with just DHTML... :p

-- Wayfarer

--------------
My homepage - www.thewayfarer.info
My search - www.cannotbefound.com
My community - www.taurusiv.net
My luthier - www.artluthier.com
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2005, 19:59

Quote (Wayfarer @ Aug. 26 2005, 23:21)
Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Aug. 26 2005, 18:26)

mysql? Why?

I mean, well, are you going to put dynamic content and are you expecting to have 1000s of daily visitors? ;)

I think there are lots of things that can be done with just DHTML... :p

-- Wayfarer

yes there are, the thing i offered to Brandon is that I set up a mambo server system for him ... which needs mySQL, the thing is that I'm not experienced with webbie stuff, but I have more than enough of experience administrating mambo based servers and I still believe MOS is the best thing for anyone. That's why I offered it, the bad thing is that Brandon's Server doesn't support mySQL ;) taht's all...

sorry for typos....sligltly drunk at the moment...

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 03 2005, 03:52

http://brandonblume.commerceculture.co.uk/

Just like to inform everyone that I have updated my site design. It may not look like much but it's simple and to the point and has what you want lol. It's sort of temporary right now until I can think up some cool stuff to spice it up. Anyone have any ideas for what I can add to it? A nice graphic in place of the ugly "The Music of Brandon Blume" letters might be nice or even a flash animation. Maybe I'll try something like that.

Also I've released both MP3 and OGG versions of Tr3s Lunas II into my site as well as Symphony In The Sand (a christmas play soundtrack I wrote and never finished but plan on it in the future). The OGGs for TL2 are half the size of the MP3s so I recommend downloading those instead.

I'm back!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Wayfarer Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2005, 18:40

I love simple design. ;) Added to bookmarks :D

-- Wayfarer

--------------
My homepage - www.thewayfarer.info
My search - www.cannotbefound.com
My community - www.taurusiv.net
My luthier - www.artluthier.com
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2005, 10:47

I like this design too...nothing complicated...clean and simple

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 11:38

Thanks to Mark Hermse (aka Jael) here, I've got a very nice title pic for my site now! Thanks so much, Mark! It fits the theme and everything! :D

http://brandonblume.commerceculture.co.uk/

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2005, 06:52

Glad you like it, the name is Oblique btw. I started again under a new name.

But you need to check your site again, the image did not stick  ;)

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 07 2005, 10:40

What do you mean? It's still there..

EDIT: Ah I see. I looked at the page in IE and the image doesn't show, but that's fixed now :). It worked in FireFox, though. Strange.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
17 replies since Aug. 15 2005, 18:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net