[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: NEW Regular Oldfield and Related Radio Show< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Covenant Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 04 2013, 10:47

Hi All,

A one hour Oldfield and Related radio show has been drawing in people from all over the world - every wednesday evening (9pm GMT) at www.thelook247.com

Playing Mike's rarities, collaborations, guest appearances and live tracks... and the occasional classic track too.

There is also a live chat room that requires no registration for the duration of the show. Be groovy to see you there.  :)
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2013, 14:19

Sounds good, I'll be there, in between nappies and feeds (the babies, not mine...)

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/PriaboniaMusic

www.soundcloud.com/just-before-dawn
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Dec. 05 2013, 04:49

Thanks for dropping by last night!
Great crowd in the chat room and a nice bunch of listeners from all ovedr the world!  :)
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2013, 10:42

Tonight's Show - Wed 11th Dec - will feature some of Mike's rarer "B"-Sides and 12" mixes. (Not the dancey nonsense! )  :p

Also a track or two by Kevin Ayers and David Bedford.

Hope to see you there - 9PM GMT
The Look 247

No ads, no subscription, no registration - just great music and chat!
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Dec. 18 2013, 12:31

Hi All, Tonight's Show (18th December) will have some of Mike's outakes and other rarities, also going to edge in to the christmas theme before the Christmas Day show next week!

(Wow! It's REALLY that close!;)

Hope to see you there! (Remember - chatroom is not obligatory! But if you do choose to come into the chat NO registration is required!;)

9PM GMT - Tonight!
The Look 247 - Oldfield Special

:laugh:  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2014, 08:26

Hello again!

Well, I have finally gotten my Collection out of storage and will be putting together some fairly rare stuff in the coming weeks.

TONIGHT'S show will have the (2nd only ever playing of?) the new single "Sailing" - like it or loathe it, you can't ignore it! As always, if you join us uin the chat room (no registration required! ) you can join us for a blether and even make requests!

Hope to see you there! 9PM GMT tonight!
The Look 247 - Oldfield Special
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2014, 07:55

Hello Again!

Well.. for tonight's show I have dragged the archive out and, (apart from "In The Pool" which is the opening track every week and "Molly" which is the show closer), there is not one track later than 1980!

Tonight we have some Sallyangie demos, Bedford, Ayers, Newman and Pekka, as well as some Mike classics, for a full hour of musical amazingness!

Join us for a great live blether in the chat room if you wanna! (No registration required! )  ;)

Hope to see you there- 9pm GMT - tonight- at The Look 247 - Oldfield Special
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2014, 12:06

Ooh yes, had forgotten it was Wednesday! Hope to be there

--------------

Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2014, 04:58

Quote (Priabonia @ Jan. 22 2014, 17:06)
Ooh yes, had forgotten it was Wednesday! Hope to be there

...and you WERE!  :)
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2014, 08:36

Yay! I came in halfway through Sirens - what a great album The Odyssey is, really must get it out of my audio program (where I recorded it from my vinyl copy) onto iTunes/CD etc. (ditto Mathematician's Air Display, whilst I am on it...). Maybe you'll play one of my remixes one night, he says, kind of hopefully/nervously (torn to shreds in the chat room...)

--------------

Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2014, 17:15

Damn - must remember to put a weekly reminder on my alarms!

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2014, 04:59

Hello again!
So - tonight's show is an "ALL Mike - ALL Request" show!
Those of you from the Mike Oldfield Personal FB page will doubtless know already!

So - If you want to chill with over an hour of 'your' favourite Oldfield tracks (no 'collaborations' this week... well... except for Pastosi!;) - Join us at: The Look 247 - Joeshow Oldfield Special
9PM GMT - Wednesday 29th January
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2014, 04:57

Yes it's Wednesday - which means only one thing...

Time for another Oldfield and Related JoeShow Special at THE LOOK 247.

Join the squad tonight at 9PM GMT for at least an hour of Mike Related Music on the only regular Oldfield show anywhere!  :)

(Sory about forgetting to mention it last week!;)
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2014, 12:23

Hullo All...
just over 3 and a half hour til this weeks JoeShow-Oldfield and Related Special!
Join us at www.thelook247.com for at least an hour of Mike related wonderfulness!
9PM GMT - Tonight - Wednesday 19th February!
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2014, 06:45

Hullo again!

only a mere 9hrs and 15mins till this week's JoeShow-Oldfield and Related Special and tonight's show is even more special than usual with a *Guest Playlist* as well as some VERY exciting news! (And a world premiere radio play of "Chariots" unplugged!;)

Join us at 9PM GMT at The Look 247 Oldfield Special for about 75 minutes of Mike Related Wonderfulnes!
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2014, 09:22

Stunning turn-out last night guys!
Thanks to all who listened in and also came into the chat room!

For those who weren't there you missed some all but unique stuff!! And first air plays of some MotR material!

Also the announcement that I have been offerred an interview with the one and only Les Penning! (Once I get my Broadcaster synched with Skype it will be ON! Keep an eye open - I may (probably will!;) ask for audience questions!;)

Cheers all!
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2014, 04:39

TWO POSTS IN ONE WEEK!?!?!
Well - that's because THIS SATURDAY (1st March) I will be broadcasting the WHOLE of the Man on the Rocks Super Deluxe Box Set!
Yep - all three albums - Standard/Instrumentals/Demos and Alkternative Mixes... a total of around 3 and a half hours of Mike Amazingness!

It all kicks off at 8PM GMT tomorrow!
Join us at www.thelook247.com and revel in the sounds!

(And I'll probably do the same thing on Wednesday too!! ;' )  )
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2014, 06:12

MIKE TO BE IN AUDIENCE

Hello All!

What an AMAZING show Saturday was!
Having held off for three days (three loooong days! ) and not listening to the MotR box set prior to the show, I was in the same boat as most of the rest of the audience and heard it for the first time during the broadcast.

The chat room exploded and listening figures went through the roof!
The Mike Oldfield Personal page on FB was racked up hundreds of comments during the 5 hour show.

But - the best came when Caroline Monk (Mike's PA) joined the chatroom herself and also began making comments on FB regarding the show and the audience.

And then she pulled Luke Spiller into the show, who also began interacting with the audience via FB.

BUT, just towards the end Caroline dropped the bomb to let us know that she was talking to Mike all through the show and had been passing on the comments and praises being made regarding the album - and THEN said that she PROMISED that she, Luke AND MIKE will be listening when I do the whole thing again THIS Wednesday!

Am I nervous? You bet yer bum!

But - I shall remain calm... (for the most part! ) and shall try not to gush like the massive fanboys we all are!  ;)

I doubt Mike will join the chatroom, but I will also be broadcasting some of the reactions/commetns on the album on air...
It would be great to have everyone in again on wednesday (9PM GMT) to prove to Mike that his fanbase must be one of the most loyal on the planet! ;)

Join us at The Look 247 at 9PM GMT for this (doubtless unique) one-off 'royal command' performance!
Cheers!

Joe
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2014, 12:03

Quote (Covenant @ Mar. 03 2014, 11:12)
MIKE TO BE IN AUDIENCE

... or not, as it now, sadly, turns out.

C'est la vie...

But YOU can still be there!!!!

Hope to see you Wednesday.
:)
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2014, 05:07

Well.. again.. a stunning audience.
Chat room was packed.
And, whereas Mike didn't make it in, Caroline and Luke Spiller did!

Not only that, Luke emailed me a World Exclusive demo track from the musical he is writing / performing with his sister Hannah; which was played during the show (and will probably show up again NEXT week!;) )

Sadly, there were a good few people suddenly lost their connection just after the demos, so they missed the last 20-25 mins.

Just, again, a huge thanks to all those who made it to the show. Hope to see you all again! Thanks guys and gals!

Joe 'Covenant' Lamb
Profile PM 
54 replies since Dec. 04 2013, 10:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net