Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New Moonlight Shadow Cover, Blackmore's Night< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 04 2015, 09:27

For the new Blackmore's Night album, which is Deep Purple guitarist Ritchie Blackmore and his wife Candice Night they have recorded a cover of Mike's Moonlight Shadow. You can hear it by clicking the link below:

Moonlight Shadow

I don't think it has the power of the original but I like it.
Profile PM 
Chrissy Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2015, 02:45

Thank you for posting this link - I was about to post the same link.

I'm a big fan of Deep Purple and have a lot of respect for Richie Blackmore - very talented guitarist and songwriter.

I do like this version of Moonlight Shadow. I like the fact that it is quite different from the original. Though I do feel no-one will ever beat the catchyness and simplicity of Mike Oldfield's version.
Profile PM 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2015, 08:31

Oh... nice version, indeed! It sounds handmade in a pleasant way and I like the woman's voice. Of course it is different from the original but I think it keeps its Spirit!  :)

--------------
"...but every while I would remember..."
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2015, 18:50

Thanks for the reminder, qjamesfloyd - I did see it mentioned a couple of months back and hadn't investigated.  It doesn't shake the Earth's foundations but it's a pleasurable listen!

I may not be thanked, in turn, for pointing out another recent cover and its video which I found this week.  It starts out as though taking inspiration from Missing Heart, and then...  well, why don't you see for yourselves?! :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDImaoXTxEo

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
3 replies since Sep. 04 2015, 09:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net