Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: new layout...., ????< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
glasgow_tubular Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 29 2006, 10:10

What does everyone think of the new forum layout then?

I prefer it, looks less complicated and not as hard to get lost and confused in it all. :)

--------------
www.myspace.com/allaroundmyhat
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2006, 11:37

Yes, a distinct improvement - more compact, less bewildering, and generally more effective. Three cheers for the hard-working souls who did it.
Profile PM 
MikeAholic Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2006, 00:22

Yep, I like it too ...

Thanks for the all the work to the administrators of this site  :)

--------------
I sure hope that Mike realises what joy he brings to us !
Profile PM WEB 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2006, 17:48

they did a great job :)

Not that I didn't like the old one  ;)

but it's been a while since I last came here...
Nice to be back

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
SoimSandheaver Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 10:34

I agree. I like they way they've categorised everything, and it is also a lot easier to navigate around the site. Congratulations to the Administrators!

--------------
"Three blokes go into a pub, one of them's a little bit stupid, then the whole scene unfolds, with a tedious inevitability."
Profile PM 
DarkFeline Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2007, 05:41

Nice and neater layout indeed! Just wondering, can we have a section for the TB2/TB3 concert DVD?  :D

--------------
Who's your mummy, where she go?
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 02 2007, 07:31

i think you have them right here :)

:cool:

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
DarkFeline Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2007, 11:41

Quote (Tubularman @ Jan. 02 2007, 07:31)
i think you have them right here :)

:cool:

Woo! Thanks admins!  :laugh:

--------------
Who's your mummy, where she go?
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2007, 19:45

I preferred the Lemkuiper thread being in the General Discussion area than the Fans Music area because now the You Tube thread is getting more attention and the Lemkuiper thread ended up being more of a You Tube thread than a Fans Music thread, but apart from that, the new set up looks more streamlined and easier to navigate.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 05 2007, 17:35

YouTube isn't the deciding factor--it's content. For example, if youtube entries are mainly about a forum member's life, then they go in Meet and Greet, not General Discussion. If they're quite general not really involving anyone in particular,  they may live in the GenDis for awhile. In that this is a Mike Oldfield Board and Meet and Greet is as off-topic as we want an entire forum within the Board to get, ideally, we should probably remove things like the YouTube Supersize Me experiment (not that it was posted here) after awhile cos it really just doesn't pertain. Think I've said this before, that is, that a few non-relevant topics can probably remain, but when non-relevant topics get too excessive (defined as the admins looking in the GenDis and melting down, ha ha) we need to re-think things.

Regarding Lem's music, generally that's where member's place their non-cover-type stuff. I suppose what we might need to do is re-work the forum name and description so that it reflects what is actually in there. And probably, the other topic could be moved there, as well. Richard and Olivier might have more to say about this particular area, though.

(edited to say that actually, I did move the other youtube topic, but it seemed to fit better with the cover tracks. In the next month, we'll be taking a closer look at what is where, and doing a bit of tidying up and such :)  )

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
9 replies since Dec. 29 2006, 10:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net