Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New halloween colors, and others< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Jerome C Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 31 2002, 03:36

Hi all,

just to say I love the halloween colors on the main page... so why not a skinable site like I've seen some others around ? or at least the forums ?? Anyone could choose in a list of graphical looks in his user profile. That would be cool...

Yeah I know, Olivier is already "under the water" with all he has to do I guess, but it's just a suggestion to improve the tubular experience :)

And I'm not a web developer / artist / whatever ;)

Have a nive hallo day
Jerome

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 05 2002, 14:05

I think that Olivier has mentioned the idea once or twice. Whether it would be anything more than a gimmick, I don't know...
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 05 2002, 15:55

Yes, it would be easy to add a choice of skin for tubular.net. I already have 2 available: St Patrick, and Halloween. I could add a pulldown menu on the main page and your choice of skin could be stored in a cookie. And people could send me their skins (it's jsut a css file to edit) (I would refuse any skin coming from the people at mikeoldfield.com though ;) ) The forums are also skinnable, but that's another story. There are tons of files and parameters. And I plan to move to another forums software using PHP instead of Perl, so I don't want to spend too much time on this one.
Profile PM 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2002, 04:17

Hi,

You don't like the current soft ? It's pretty cool and effective I think, but you are the boss  ;) And maybe the future new one will be spectacular !

Anyway I know the color stuff is not something *that* important, but being a cool place to come and spend some time, it's a good idea to keep it cosy and warm...

Bye
Jerome

(it seems that I lost my avatar also ? I got to check that...)

--------------
Jerome C
Profile PM 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2002, 04:18

Nope, avatar is back again :)

--------------
Jerome C
Profile PM 
4 replies since Oct. 31 2002, 03:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net