Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New forums software< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 30 2002, 11:37

OK, so this is the new software. I hope you'll like it. Please log in and try 'Your Control Panel' at the top. There ae lot of options you can set up there. We'll pobably still get errors 500 when the server (an dpossibly more than before since this software has more features) is too busy, but hopefully no more data corruption.

I hope the conversion from the old system is fine, I had to redo it again this morning because the one I did yesterday was not perfect. Sorry for those who lost their posts this morning, I hope you understand, it was a tricky process, I spent several hours on it.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 30 2002, 11:58

it's awesome. good job. i like the new features! CHECK IT OUT! MY TEXT IS BLUE! sweeeeeet!

hahaha. this cool.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: June 30 2002, 12:05

this is fun stuff. i can't get over the new colors and being able to have your posts in different colors. AW3SOM3!

OH! OH! that calendar is awesome!!!!!!!! Everyone go into your profile and put in your birthdate! there's a cool calendar option that tells you when people's bdays are and how old they'll be! very cool!!!!!

I'm having a blast figuring out all this new stuff. I'm so excited.

oh, and off topic: i just got an email from Amazon UK, they have shipped Tres Lunas to me! woo hoo!!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: June 30 2002, 17:48

Olivier, your hard work is very appreciated! I for one LOVE the new style - there were some problems early this morning but since then everything is 100% fine! Yay!

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 30 2002, 19:00

:p  :laugh:
Loved the new forum!!
Fab work,Olivier!!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: July 01 2002, 07:25

looks cool... :cool:

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: July 01 2002, 08:25

I think I like it ???

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Mlokie Offline

Posted: July 01 2002, 18:10

I like it too. Veeeery nice! :laugh:
But I miss one future - from where the member is coming from is not displayed anymore. Is there a chance that it will appear again in posts?
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 02 2002, 00:08

i like the new look veeeeery much :cool:

just one question tho....how do you get pictures in your signature?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: July 02 2002, 07:26

You could probably just use iB code, with the
Code Sample
[IMG][/IMG]
tag. I asked a question about this in another topic, but I figured out the answer, so you can ignor it if you want. I love the new Avatar feature, is'nt mine the best ever?

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: July 02 2002, 07:34

Hey! The Avatars dissapeared. Where are they? I hope you can get them back: I really like mine!

--------------
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: July 02 2002, 09:37

Personnally, I don't like at all huge flashing signatures, text in color and all this stuff, that's why I deactivated the avatars. I prefer messages that get my attention with their content rather than with flashing icons or colored text. But I'll reactivate them. After all, you can choose not to view them in the contoorl panel. (But as an admin, I have to see them (to check if there are nay insults or bad words...), that's why I hesitated to activate them. I may change my mind later and deactivate everything if the board becomes a Christmas tree.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: July 02 2002, 10:07

The reasons Olivier's outlined are basically why I, personally, didn't choose any colours/avatar/signature when the new forum system was implemented, especially because it can be extremely irritating after a while, particularly if one person posts numerous times in a single thread and has a large/animated sig/bright colours/whatever. Although my posts will never attract people through their content  ;) .
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: July 03 2002, 04:54

Yeah, that's why I dodn't choose any colours for my posts, I think it would look a bit strange (to put it nicely :laugh: ) I'll try to only chow my sig once per topic.

The ability to track topics you have posted to is great, and very hondy if you ask a question and forget to read the answer! Yeah, I love the new look, thanks Oliver!
Profile PM 
Vinz Offline

Posted: July 04 2002, 14:38

I just love it ! It's very fun !
Just hope that we don't gonna lose any message now !  :p

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: July 07 2002, 22:18

I have a couple of questions about the new software, in particular the Control Panel:

What does 'Level' mean?- it shows up in everyone's profile with No information entered or something like that, but it can't be edited in the personal settings

What is the Notepad for? Is it just for personal reminders or notes, or something deep and sinister? Other members can't see them, can they?

As you can see, I haven't done a lot of experimenting with the new stuff yet.
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2002, 05:18

I've noticed that today, all the posts in two topics (Good/Bad Guitarists and Before Tubular Bells) have been doubled up. I've noticed a few times when one person's posts have doubled (I've had in myself on one occasion :/ ) but this time everyones posts were doubled.

--------------
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2002, 06:05

Well, I'm still unsure about some of the features of the new software, so I'll go on ignoring them for the time being...

Actually, raven, what you've spotted isn't restricted to those two topics. The fair whack of topics in 'Mike's Style(s)' have all posts doubled, with I think the only exceptions being those started (and all posts posted) after the new software was implemented...
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2002, 15:38

I'm cleaning up the "Mike's styles" forum...
Profile PM 
18 replies since June 30 2002, 11:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net