Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New 'Elements' DVD set for release< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 01 2004, 18:33

According to listings with two online retailers, it appears that EMI (owners of Virgin) are set to release a DVD edition of the Elements video. First mentioned in Record Collector magazine recently, details have now appeared on sendit.com and Amazon.co.uk.

Sendit.com gives the tracklisting as follows:

Tubular Bells (Part 1)', 'Don Alfonso', 'In Dolci Jubilo', 'Portsmouth', 'William Tell Overture', 'Guilty', 'Blue Peter', 'Wonderful Land', 'Five Miles Out', 'Moonlight Shadow', 'Shadow On The Wall', 'Crime Of Passion', 'Tricks Of The Light', 'To France', 'Etude', 'Pictures In The Dark', 'Shine', 'Innocent', 'Earth Moving' and 'Heavens Open'.

Amazon, meanwhile, give the somewhat odd sounding listing of special features as being 'The Space Movie', 'The Wind Chimes' and 'Innocent (animated version)'.
The inclusion of Don Alfonso in sendit.com's track listing is also intriguing, to say the least.

The date given is October 11th, though we've heard that this date may no longer be accurate. More news will naturally follow when we get it.

[Updated Oct 9] New release date: November 29th

[Updated Oct 22] Tracklisting and release date confirmed by Virgin Music Germany
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 01 2004, 19:05

Wasn't better to wait a little bit with anything concrete about the subject before posting ?
:/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 01 2004, 19:35

If a lot of people are wanting information on subjects like this, it's a lot easier for us to place the story on the front page, explaining that details aren't yet confirmed, than to wait until they are, and answer each query about it individually in the meantime. We have had quite a number of emails about this topic, and as two online shops are now listing it (and there's at least one other listing it under another title), we're only likely to get more asking about it, so we feel that it's best to let our visitors have all the information which we can give.

I hope I have made clear enough in my post that all we have to go by are the online retailers' listings (I've just altered the first sentence to make that clearer still) - I hope that people can make their own minds up over whether that's enough information to warrant getting excited or not.
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2004, 05:09

I don't have a DVD player yet but if this baby comes out I may well do something about that sooner rather than later.  This looks superb!

:-)

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
James
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 02 2004, 06:30

Nice one!

Now can we get the chance to purchase and own The Essential and perhaps some unreleased exposed footage ooohh ehh missus..etc,

C,mon you know it makes sense!
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2004, 09:23

Will it be region-free? Or will it be limited to just one region, as to discourage sales and encourage copying to remove the region coding?

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 02 2004, 09:34

Quote (hiawatha @ Sep. 02 2004, 09:23)
Will it be region-free? Or will it be limited to just one region, as to discourage sales and encourage copying to remove the region coding?

The latter, of course! Companies are SO smart! S-M-R-T!

(the above comment was a courtesy of Ferny The Bull, Snide Comments Inc.)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2004, 09:54

I thought all music D.V.D. releases are region free!!.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2004, 10:12

I've never really looked into music DVDs, but somewhere further up the thread someone mentioned that this is a video DVD.

--------------
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2004, 10:46

Sorry,i wrote that incorrectly,i meant D.V.D.'s with music on them,be that concerts or music videos,as opposed to D.V.D.'s
with films on them,which have a classification,and region code.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2004, 10:47

The TB2/TB3 concert DVD (video) does not play in my region. I'm pretty sure that is the case for "Art in Heaven" as well.

--------------
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2004, 16:58

As far as I understand it pretty much any DVD player will play any region DVD, you just need to change the coding.

I think its great this DVD is finaly coming out for those fans who have never seen these videos. Most of them are so awful they're great in my opinion, if you haven't seen the video for Shine then you quite simply haven't lived. I do hope it does have some extra's hidden or otherwise. My gut feeling is that it won't but you never know. I'm suprised it's being released at all so I'm hoping to be suprised further.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2004, 19:27

As posted elsewhere, I tend to take a "wait and see" attitude these days. too many broken hopes recently. But, if amazon are putting it up, they must have some firm info from EMI/Virgin. It's looking good so far.

as to content, there is a lot of stuff out there, and it will be so great to have it in pristine condition instead of the dedicated fans dodgy mpeg downloads. Strange thing about region codes, it seems some of the cheap DVD players will play anything, but the more expensive ones wont.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2004, 05:53

If Amazon also has it listed, then I'm more confident than I was before that it actually will come out. I really do hope it does, and soon.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2004, 08:04

Quote (TOBY @ Sep. 02 2004, 16:58)
As far as I understand it pretty much any DVD player will play any region DVD, you just need to change the coding.

While this was never the case, it seems that more of them used to be region-free in the past. When I went to buy a new DVD player earlier in the year, I could not find one that could be altered by codes without paying triple-price. Now I convert and burn region-locked DVDs to region-free ones on my PC with a DVD burner. These will then play in my "region 1 or 0 only" player.

--------------
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Adrian Johnson
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 04 2004, 12:16

Don Alfonso appears on the Amazon.co.uk tracklist too.
olracUK Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2004, 20:09

Hiawatha - whilst checking out Amazon for the new DVD, I noticed they had a multi region DVD player for £30, not a bad deal.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2004, 20:26

Quote (olracUK @ Sep. 04 2004, 20:09)
Hiawatha - whilst checking out Amazon for the new DVD, I noticed they had a multi region DVD player for £30, not a bad deal.

Alas, that comes between twice and three times what I would otherwise pay.

--------------
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2004, 05:46

Blimey! DVD players for a tenner! Where do you get them?
Profile PM 
EDROFKRAM Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2004, 16:17

back.o.a.lorry.com       neighbour.on.holliday.get.a druggy toknikit.for.u.com
Profile PM 
67 replies since Sep. 01 2004, 18:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net