Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: new demo doesn't start on Win9x ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
a_r_schulz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 21 2002, 18:42

Seems I'm the only one here still using Win9x (even worse, Win95;-). All I get from the demo is an instant crash with something about 'missing export KERNEL32.DLL:TryEnterCriticalSection'.
According to Google, this means that the Demo will only run on NT/2k/XP -
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgghhhhhh--
Profile PM WEB 
the soil man Offline

Posted: April 22 2002, 10:26

I am using Windows 98 and I have no problems with the demo!
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: April 22 2002, 12:01

I'm using Windows 98SE and the demo runs (albeit very jerky at times and there's distortion when I look down).

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: April 22 2002, 17:18

rolleyesOK OK OK...
Looks like its Update Time for my (t)rusty ol'95 :-( Got hold of a '98SE kernel32.dll, and found that &%ยง&$ entry, so '98 at least seems to tolerate that call, though M$ says it's supported only for NT and up. Never Mind..
Profile PM WEB 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 15:36

I cannot run the program on windows XP. frown every time i start it up it says that it created an error and then it asks if i want to send an error log or not. d'oh! but i'm not that upset, because i'm more in it for the music anyways. ONE MONTH AND TWO DAYS!! WHOOPPPEE!!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2002, 11:11

Just of curiosity - is there anyone else around here who would like to play  the demo resp. game, but can't, because of still using Win95 ?
From what I've seen (now that I upgraded to Win98), that silly 'TryEnterCriticalSection' call that only works properly in the NT/2k/XP line has been taken out in between. However, a few other system calls that only work from '98 up (well, at least they work...) have been taken in instead :( )
Profile PM WEB 
5 replies since April 21 2002, 18:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net