[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New Deluxe Editions coming July 2011< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
starfish Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 16 2011, 09:16

Quote (Hastengas @ Mar. 15 2011, 09:56)
There are countless versions of versions out there in the market, and I like many others have quite a collection and will probably continue to do so as long as there is something a little different. My point which you entirely overlooked is that I and I think many others would actually like something new....we have had "new" Versions of the classics with TB/HG and Ommadawn recently.....and it would have been nice if it was interspersed with something entirely new.

Hmm, I do take your point.

I suppose some new music would be great, but for me it depends what style it's in - I loved Music of the Spheres but prior to that I wan't a fan of the wishy-washy ambient electronica he was putting out.

I'd much rather have a different version of a classic album like Incantations than new material in the same vein as Light & Shade or Tr3s Lunas!
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2011, 11:23

Quote (starfish @ Mar. 16 2011, 14:16)
There are countless versions of versions out there in the market, and I like many others have quite a collection and will probably continue to do so as long as there is something a little different. My point which you entirely overlooked is that I and I think many others would actually like something new....we have had "new" Versions of the classics with TB/HG and Ommadawn recently.....and it would have been nice if it was interspersed with something entirely new.

I suppose some new music would be great, but for me it depends what style it's in - I loved Music of the Spheres but prior to that I wan't a fan of the wishy-washy ambient electronica he was putting out.

I'd much rather have a different version of a classic album like Incantations than new material in the same vein as Light & Shade or Tr3s Lunas!

Interesting Starfish.....

Ive just listened to Yet another version of Tubular Bells......I bought it ages ago on Itunes....now its very different and I have to agree its very listenable because of its "differentness"

Ive no idea if its a Mike version that was dug up from somewhere (where is UGO when you need him?).....it has an American voiced master of ceremonies. Anyway, yes Id love some classic style Mike myself.....but something new....yes I too liked MOTS, sounds like we both like the same sort of styles in any case.
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2011, 13:28

I wan't a fan of the wishy-washy ambient electronica he was putting out ... I'd much rather have a different version of a classic album like Incantations than new material in the same vein as Light & Shade or Tr3s Lunas!

I agree  :)
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2011, 17:36

Quote (Hastengas @ Mar. 16 2011, 11:23)

Ive just listened to Yet another version of Tubular Bells......I bought it ages ago on Itunes....now its very different and I have to agree its very listenable because of its "differentness"

Ive no idea if its a Mike version that was dug up from somewhere (where is UGO when you need him?).....it has an American voiced master of ceremonies. Anyway, yes Id love some classic style Mike myself.....but something new....yes I too liked MOTS, sounds like we both like the same sort of styles in any case.

Is it the Crown Records cover version?
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2011, 12:12

I know this doesn't belong here, but I thought, in the meantime, while we and wait and speculate, you can enjoy Tubular Bells.  Brought to you by the Brooklyn Organ Synth Orchestra in NYC :)  It is quite amazing to see new musicians enjoying Mike's great music!  Hopefully Mike will see this.  He should... they are brilliant!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeujZtBvMFY

Please don't castrate me for posting this here.  Thank you!  Much love to all.
Profile PM 
daznug Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2011, 13:21

Hi folks,

I enjoyed The Brooklyn Organ Syth Orchestra.

I'm new to this Tubular.net - is this typical of what you get up to on this site?
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2011, 21:19

Hey Daznug Welcome :)  

We discuss Mike's music in various approaches.  Some good, some bad, but always brilliant.  He is an amazing musician!!! :)  This was a video a friend of mine in NYC sent me on Facebook.  I thought the fans would love it.  I bought the track on iTunes.  

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Chris
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2011, 06:27

Quote (Black Bunik @ Mar. 17 2011, 22:36)
Quote (Hastengas @ Mar. 16 2011, 11:23)

Is it the Crown Records cover version?

Yes it is, I ended up dicussing it on another thread and its a cover band Called Studio 99.

I have to say I think its pretty good myself, other here disagree...thanks for responding
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2011, 12:45

Quote (TOBY @ Mar. 15 2011, 07:41)
Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ Mar. 10 2011, 15:50)
This is the first profile/interview of her that I've seen that has at least mentioned the crucial link, so has anyone actually ever tackled her about her experiences on the Exposed Tour?  Or is it something she carefully avoids!

I've heard it mentioned at least a couple of times in articles about her. The only time I've actually heard her speak about it was in a radio interview which I think may have been round about the time of TB2's release, though it might have been a bit more recent than that. All she spoke about was what an experience it was being part of such a big production and how strange Mike's behaviour was owing to the Exegesis training he was going through.

Thank you, TOBY, glad to hear of some evidence!  I wasn't presuming that of dozens or hundreds of articles about Ms Freud that I'll never ever see, that the subject had never ever been raised, but as I'd seen several examples where it failed to generate any ink, I thought I'd ask my question here.  I could imagine one reason why she might keep the whole experience under wraps, should you take the point of view that it's a slightly back-handed compliment that she was hired for her singing voice and not her looks, if the tale of Mike initially picking all the most attractive blondes in the Queens College choir holds water! :)

Given I've just run the risk of starting a debate about Emma Freud's attractiveness (I say she's lovely), I'll crawl back on topic with my final prediction - for now - on what is upcoming.  I think it will be the three albums up to Platinum - based on the source quote I found the other day.

The same goes for Incantations and Platinum, which are roughly scheduled for early next year (along with the possibility of something special for Exposed, drawing on all the unreleased recordings from that tour).

The man with the plan is Korgscrew, of course, writing on the 7th of August, 2009 in the Hergest Ridge forum, New Releases, Hergest Ridge & Ommadawn. (just noticed that posterity has it as Omadawn, but please check all my posts for spelling perfection... :/ )  Trust in his foresight, and despair at changing release dates!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: April 26 2011, 08:24

This has all gone a bit quiet considering the releases are imminent.
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: April 26 2011, 15:54

Still three more months to go, at least.

;)
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 07 2011, 09:43

Its now 7th May, getting very close to the July state stated on the official website. If they are still to be released in July, isn't it about time for some updates?
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: May 07 2011, 11:10

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ May 07 2011, 09:43)
Its now 7th May, getting very close to the July state stated on the official website. If they are still to be released in July, isn't it about time for some updates?

just what I was thinking- should be soon I guess!
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: May 07 2011, 17:18

Mike Oldfield Blog

:)
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: May 11 2011, 10:35

This is how it should be released:
http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest....nd.html
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 11 2011, 10:58

Quote (ingresman @ May 11 2011, 15:35)

Yep,but it doesn't seem that Mike and Universal are interested on this Pink Floyd model of re-releasing his material...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: May 11 2011, 12:26

You're not wrong there - the definitive way to treat a catalogue :-)
Profile PM 
Thomas Höög Offline

Posted: May 24 2011, 12:24

It would be nice with some more information about the new "wave" of re-releases.
Profile PM 
rusinurbe Offline

Posted: May 26 2011, 06:52

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ May 11 2011, 12:26)

You're not wrong there - the definitive way to treat a catalogue :-)

I am afraid Mikes stuff has got to be good and at least include more 5.1, as my money is alreay on the Pink Floyd Boxes. so whats left has got to be good value for money.
Profile PM 
jjmillenium Offline

Posted: June 01 2011, 13:45

ok, finally we have some information about the new issue of Incantations...new cover, three versions (cd standart, deluxe and signed), and the dvd will contain the exposed show on DVD (I suppose that it's the same that the 2005 dvd):

signed: http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofw....3346334

deluxe: http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofw....3346372

standard: http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofw....3346365

out 25th of july....but, only Incantations?
Profile PM 
139 replies since Feb. 15 2011, 19:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net