Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New Deluxe Editions coming July 2011< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 18 2011, 17:17

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Feb. 18 2011, 17:10)
Did anyone else notice that the Fanny's diary tab has been removed from Mike's official site? does that mean she no longer listens to his music? :/

Either that or her CD player broke.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Feb. 18 2011, 17:20

Quote (Olivier @ Feb. 18 2011, 19:50)
I find that perhaps Ommadawn and definitely Hergest Ridge went through a treatment that's beyond remixing. Definitely more than remastered, it was remixed, and even beyond remix.

mastermind mix?  :p

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
amarok90 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 19 2011, 03:50

The tab is still extant, its just that more recent items have pushed it to the archive page
Profile PM 
Clodomir Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2011, 12:00

Did anyone else notice that the Fanny's diary tab has been removed from Mike's official site? does that mean she no longer listens to his music? :/

The mirror diary on Tubular.net has been deleted as well...

--------------
Mike Oldfield - Blog d'une passion
http://www.mike-oldfield.net
Profile PM WEB 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2011, 14:15

Indeed... That really seems to be the end of a very nice idea... What a pity!  :/

But thank you very much Fanny for sharing your thoughts with us for a while...  :)

--------------
"...but every while I would remember..."
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2011, 16:15

Quote (Clodomir @ Feb. 27 2011, 17:00)

The mirror diary on Tubular.net has been deleted as well...

She has her own reasons for that. But I did enjoy reading them :o)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2011, 00:57

Does anyone have any idea why Fanny stopped writing her diary or why she has been deleted?  The most obvious reason would be, she and Mike are no longer together.  That would be VERY sad!!!
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2011, 01:15

Quote (christopher @ Feb. 28 2011, 00:57)
Does anyone have any idea why Fanny stopped writing her diary or why she has been deleted?  

You make it sound as though the Daleks are loose in the Bahamas  :laugh:  Maybe they are, with their goal everything tublarian - the ultimate trophy being Olivier's trousers  :laugh:  :laugh:
Profile PM 

Posted: Feb. 28 2011, 04:24

Quote (christopher @ Feb. 28 2011, 05:57)
Does anyone have any idea why Fanny stopped writing her diary or why she has been deleted?  The most obvious reason would be, she and Mike are no longer together.  That would be VERY sad!!!

Or maybe she looked back at it and felt it wasn't a good idea to open part of her personal life the way she did there.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2011, 14:13

However it was fun to read about daily life of Mike and his family, I think it is wise that Fanny stopped her diary... I just hope that she stopped because of the fact that she feared that it might cause some disturbance of their private lives, and not that it already had caused them trouble....
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2011, 04:43

I didn't realize they'd been deleted. :/

I don't know what to think??

They WERE very personal though - we were blessed.

Her lovely photos are still online -

http://fannyoldfield.zenfolio.com/p111393749

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2011, 07:37

Well, as long as they were up they created a sense of expectancy, didn't they? Who wants to commit themselves to diary-writing when they're in the tropics, and can spend days diving beneath the water and looking at all the coral...
:/
Profile PM 
daznug Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2011, 09:48

A clue to what might get the deluxe treatment may be in what you cannot access via Spotify.  You can't listen to the original/deluxe versions of Tubular Bells, HR or Ommadawn.

Also you can't listen to Incantations, Exposed, Crises, Discovery, Killing Fields, Tub II or III, or Millenium Bell.

The rest are available - Platinum, QE2, 5 Miles Out, Islands, Earth Moving, Amarok, Heaven's Open, SODE, Voyager, Guitars, 3 Lunas, TB3, Light and Shade, Spheres. :/
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2011, 10:43

Quote (daznug @ Mar. 06 2011, 14:48)
A clue to what might get the deluxe treatment may be in what you cannot access via Spotify...  Also you can't listen to Incantations, Exposed, Crises, Discovery, Killing Fields, Tub II or III, or Millenium Bell.

Tub II, III and Millenium Bell are owned by Warners.
They are not included in the deal signed by MO and Universal, which relate to MO's former Virgin releases.
I hope more than two albums are released in this wave of reissues  :)
Profile PM 
cadillac Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2011, 08:04

Hello everyone.
While Mike is working hard in the studio for the remix of Incantations (lucky man, all that tranquil music), Fanny is busy with her two little dynamos who have more zing than the energiser bunny. Dehlia and Sqwaurk keeping the Oldfield’s entertained. The Bahamas are beautiful but family life for Mike and Fanny is the same as every other family! No fake celebrity stuff in this family. They are part of the community. Nice to know Mike and Fanny have down to earth values. Jake and Eugene are lucky kids! Top of the morning to all in the Northern Hemisphere, and good afternoon to all Down Under! There is a wee little froggy in my garden, keeps me awake at night! This little froggy is a’courting, no doubt about that!
From Deb...
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2011, 09:18

Quote (cadillac @ Mar. 08 2011, 08:04)
Hello everyone.
While Mike is working hard in the studio for the remix of Incantations (lucky man, all that tranquil music), Fanny is busy with her two little dynamos who have more zing than the energiser bunny. Dehlia and Sqwaurk keeping the Oldfield’s entertained. The Bahamas are beautiful but family life for Mike and Fanny is the same as every other family! No fake celebrity stuff in this family. They are part of the community. Nice to know Mike and Fanny have down to earth values. Jake and Eugene are lucky kids! Top of the morning to all in the Northern Hemisphere, and good afternoon to all Down Under! There is a wee little froggy in my garden, keeps me awake at night! This little froggy is a’courting, no doubt about that!
From Deb...

Welcome back, Deb - talk about sneaking in the back door!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2011, 09:49

Is it you Deb - welcome back!! :)

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2011, 11:25

Deb!? Deb Seward!? Didn't expect to see you again!

edit: checked the profile, it says this person is from France. Deb Seward was either English or Australian (can't remember), was she not? So it's just a coincidence.
Profile PM 
cadillac Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2011, 13:03

Sorry, but I'm not Deb...

But the news come from Deb Seward
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 08 2011, 13:31

She's on FB - if you wanna get in touch with her.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
139 replies since Feb. 15 2011, 19:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net