Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New contract with Warner and new album 'Tres Lunas'< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 13:34

Mike sent exclusive news to the official Mike Oldfield information service :
"I've just signed a new 3 album deal with Warner Music. There will be two chillout albums to coincide with the releases of Music VR, and the re-recording of original Tubular Bells to be released in 2003.
The first album will be called 'Tres Lunas', and the first episode of Music VR also called 'Tres Lunas' will be included on the CD. There will be a free demo, but to play the full version of MVR you will have to register online and pay an extra sum by credit card. MVR will also be downloadable separately from the CD release.
The release date for both first album and MVR episode is set for May 27 2002."
There are also two 'Tres Lunas' 3D graphics on their website.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 13:53

Great news... the delays are all to link in with the Album deal and CD releases; does this mean there'll be more chance of gigs? I certainly hope so.

Can't wait for the end of May (booking the day off from work) but lucky I'm patient eh?
^NabLa^ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 14:05

c00l!!! it sounds magnificient

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
Thomas Andersson Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 15:07

re-recording of tubular bells? errr...
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 15:28

Yeah!!!
We've waited 2 1/2 years. This are very good news. I was a bit afraid because mike said after the millennium bell, maybe he wouldn`t do any more albums (but the same he said after TSODE)! I`m very happy... I think "Tres Lunas" is a much better and fresher title than "Millennium Bell" and "Guitars". So there comes an album this year and maybe two next year (re- release of TB and Music VR 2nd episode).
Excuse my bad english...

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 15:53

I can't believe it, I'm going to cry. The waiting has end.
Osiris Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 15:53

Yeaaaaaaah !! finally MVR will be available on may 27th with Mike's album called "Tres Lunas". and it will be downloadable too. But one bad thing is that if you want the whole MVR, you'll have to download it a pay it with credit card...
Very good news in fact, after 2 years waiting for it, it will be soon available.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 16:00

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat...this is just great...can't wait...

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 17:19

This is great news,we should never loose faith in Mike Oldfield,somtimes he can spoil us with 2 albums in a year,other times we have to wait,but i don't mind waiting to have great news like this,well done mike,and i am glad your still with Warners,and not Virgin.
Can someone translate "Tres Lunas"
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 17:33

Tres Lunas is the spanish for "Three Moons"
Profile PM 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 17:54

Thank you, Mike. One of my latest messages (under name Jose J Conde) asked you for new information and I see you have paid me attention. Great news, but another Tubular Bells recording or re-recording, mmm...
Saludos a Tubular Fernando, no sabía que había un paisano por aquí.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 18:03

This is GREAT news!!!!! Glad to hear you are still with Warner... who will hopefully NOT forget the US in its release... ahemmmm... hint hint. When you say chillout albums does this mean something like TSODE? Mike you have given me the best birthday present of all... my birthday is May 26th... Thank you!!!

Looking forward to MVR and Tres Lunas!!!!!!!!! Thank you again Mike for the great news!!!!!

Christopher
Profile PM 
alexander.schweigert Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 18:15

It is a good news. At May 27 we will get a new album, AND MVR will be on it. Our waiting will come to an end. i am very happy.

alex
http://www.oldfield.de

--------------
www.oldfield.de
Profile PM WEB 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 18:51

YES!!!!!
A new album!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 20:56

Yuupiieee!!! Well finnaly! God im so happy!

I'l be going to the mountains and listento the CD for hours separeted from civilization!

I can't hardly wait!!

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 
Stuart Breed Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 21:58

Is it May 27th yet?

--------------
Stu
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 22:26

Seems we have waited a fair while so lets hope we can now celebrate the release(s)come May.

My Hopes or wish list for the latest incarnation of Tubular Bells are.Mike remains faithful to the original if indeed it is meant to be a reworking of the first album.He stay's away from synths samplers seqencers for this one.Perfects the choice of top acoustic instruments patiently just like he did to create the wonderful textures in Ommadawn Hergest Ridge and Incantations.The record company dosen't interfere.The very essence of the original Tubular Bells is captured with the latest Recording Technology.Finally Perhaps Mike shouldnt yell in the caveman section he should sing happily to signal his musical success since his debut, no need for fear or frustration anymore eh Mike?? james@spica.supanet.com
timshen Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 02:28

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee! This is good news indeed. Having a Spanish title is a great change and it does sound quite neat! (although my Spanish pronounciation may not be as it meant to sound - anyone can provide a correct way of pronouncing it???).

Three moons! Triple Crises! - any towers in there?

Can't wait!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
gorjanbak Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 03:40

At last , at last. After almost 3 years we are going to enjoy in 2 NEW ALBUMS from Mike . I REALY like the title of the album "Tres Lunas" or "The three Moons" if you like , and I think that this will be the bigest think that Mike has done since TSODE.
This came as a big surprice to me , and the realisation date is sheduled to be 27-th May. It is good because I will enjoy listening those 2 CD-s at my birthday which is on 10-th June.
GREAT NEWS MIKE. KEEP GOING
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 04:30

Oh my god am I happy now or what? Finally atlast we are going to get. Yesterday I checked tubular.net, musicvr.com, mike-oldfield.com and mikeoldfield.org without no hope, as I do everyday. Cause there is never somehing new about MVR. Then I got the biggest surprise of life and I became so happy I didn't know what to do.....

Thinking af bying a timemachine and travle to may 27 smile smile smile smile smile

Its gonna be a great summer, play mvr and listen to Tres Lunar, great name indeed.

Well I'm counting the days to may 27 and from today its 114 days left, *sigh* what a long time. But the one who's waiting for something never waits to long (Swedish proverb)

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
70 replies since Feb. 01 2002, 19:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net