Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New contract with Warner and new album 'Tres Lunas'< Next Oldest | Next Newest >

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 07:41

I send to Mike an e-mail ask him a song in Spanish to Music VR one year ago. "Tres Lunas"... Maybe he has earthed me!! ;D (Sorry my bad English)
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 08:06

I hope that Tr3s Lunas became the better album in all time... Better than Amarok indeed. For the moment, all "old" Music VR sounds GREAT!!! to me...

...but, wait a minute! He said that Tr3s Lunas and the next album will be "chill out"... Can we expect some new-age boring albums? It will lack climax sections?

...answer, 27 may 2002.

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 08:56

It is a great! After more than 2 years we will be able to listen and see what Mike has done with MVR.
I am very surprised about the title. Tres Lunas is in Spanish, but why? Perhaps because Mike sell a lot of his music here?
Tres Lunas is pronounced in Spanish like this:
T --> Like in English "time" but without aspiration
r --> Stronger than the English "r"
e --> Like in English "set"
s --> The same sound in English

L --> The same sound in English
u --> Like the English "oo"
n --> The same sound in English
a --> Like in English "pat"
s --> The same sound in English

/Tres Loonæs/
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 12:34

I think I'm more excited about the re-recording of TB than by 'Tres Bananas', uh, sorry, 'Tres Lunas'. Thanks to the MP3 samples available on mike-oldfield.com we know approximately what style to expect on the album, and it's not revolutionary. But I have no idea how TB will sound. Probably one of the key point is: who will produce it? Will Mike hire somebody to help him develop a new "sound" (a bit like in TB2?) that may influence his future albums too, or do it all by himself?

It would be great if they do a making of the re-recording (to release it on DVD later on). Since it's a re-recording and not a very creative process, Mike might agree to let a journalist bother him a little bit and prepare a making-of documentary.
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 12:41

Olivier, more respect for Tr3s Lunas... Revolutionary or not, it´s new stuff, not like the "new" TB...

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 15:23

WOOO HOOO!!! i was so excited when i got heard about this in an email. i'm excited for both the new album that is coming out on may 27th, and for re-recording of Tubular Bells in 2003. i love the bells. bells bells bells bells bells! i love 'em all! and i don't care if he makes 99 more bells albums, i think they'd all be great and i'd be excited for all those too. THE BELLS RULE! !

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 17:07

i liked those samples on mike's web site...if that album will have same sound...think it will very cool. just have to wait and listen cool

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 18:21

Usually, you download a demo and buy the CD if you like it. With MVR, Mike is innovating: you buy a CD with a demo, and then download the full version if you like it. wink

Unless the downloadable thing is the same as what we get on the CD, and the website is there to allow to pay for an access code that unlocks the demo to play the full version. In that case, the download would be useless, or maybe useful for people who don't want the CD.
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 19:17

lol

...don´t you think that the 2 images at www.mikeoldfield.org are too "weird"?

I made some artwork inspired on Tr3s Lunas, it´s online on:
http://personal.menta.net/mige/tr3s1.jpg
http://personal.menta.net/mige/tr3s2.jpg
http://personal.menta.net/mige/tr3sl1.jpg
and
http://personal.menta.net/mige/tr3sl2.jpg
...hope you like it!

Thanks!

PD: tell me what you think about it to my e-mail (tr3slunas@hotmail.com)

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
marhi Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 20:23

Yes, you are right. The quality isn't very beautiful. I belive that everybody of us could make such a picture ?!?!

Let's hope for more! :-)
Profile PM 
Dragon Lord Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 20:32

have to agree with Olivier.....I mike said he could not do TB as he wanted..because of technical limitations....we should be expecting a completion of his masterpiece..

not realy interested in the triple moon....
and I still think Guitars was a good album...

Keep up the good work Mike!!!
Thanx for giving us the music!!

--------------
MO rules!
Profile PM WEB 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2002, 15:46

I can´t agree with people who would like another TB album. Tubular Bells, The Orchestral Tubular Bells, Tubular Bells ( boxed version), Tubular Bells II, Tubular Bells III, Tubular Bells 25th anniversary special edition, The best of Tubular Bells, The Millennium Bells ( fortunately nothing to do with TB except for the title and the horrible cover). Do we ( or Mike) really need another TB album? Why should a re-recorded version of TB be better than the original? It seems Mike is not able to get a new recording deal without offering a TB album. Sorry Mike. Let´s get ready for a lot of criticism by media and non- diehard fans.
Anyway I will buy the album the day it is issued as I always do. I´m a diehard fan wink
Profile PM 
Stuart Breed Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2002, 17:00

This is just my own personal opinion. I think that the new version of Tubular Bells will be interesting, in view of all the improvments in technology since 73.
I do feel however that Hergest Ridge is one of Mike's most over looked pieces and would benefit immensley from a modern day reworking. Maybe this is a topic for a different forum.

--------------
Stu
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 03 2002, 18:20

Melomaniac

There is a melomaniac
Who want we see him today,
He is strange in his same way,
Always to grumble and say,
About tubular bells,
Again and again for him,
It is too much and it seems,
That could make so crazy him,
To see new tubular bells,
To fly in the firmament
Full of the best sentiment,
We can read the same comment,
Always from Melomaniac.

Chorus:
It is not very well,
To hear him speaking like that,
It is a sound of bell,
Which is very strange in fact.

But we know very well,
He will adore all the same,
The sound of a new bell,
Playing on the road of fame.

There is a melomaniac,
Who could appreciate this track,
And singing that on his way,
With some friends of him who'll say
-"Look at him everybody!
He is so crazy of bells
That now he sings when he tells!
It's very great you can see!"
-"Is he ill," -"No, but now,
He's in music comedy show!"

Chorus

Henri V (BO) + Mike Oldfield

theweightless Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2002, 19:26

i think it's a good idea to do TB again with better equipment...it can sound very different...better i guess.

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 03:19

The finished product of the TB re-recording will definitely be interesting to hear, but it's not new music, really, is it? It will add to the growing list of 'Bell' albums, and won't silence the doubters that Mike "only sells records when he calls them Tubular Bells". I'm not arguing with anyone- everyone is entitled to their own opinion, especially in a public forum such as this. Melomaniac's views are valid, and I'm inclined to agree with part of it, at least. However, what does seem to be different to say, "The Millennium Bell" or even "Tubular Bells III", which didn't really have to have references to the Bell in the titles (admittedly, TBIII has more of a case for that than TMB), is that Mike appears to want to re-record Tubular Bells, rather than being pressured by a record company to deliver a Bell album. Mike is the artist, and provides, usually, what he wants to be released. We, the fans, are just the consumers, the analysts, the critics, the listeners, the interpreters. Mike has said in the past that he does not make music for the fans, but for himself. He does what he wants to do, and if a fan doesn't like it, tough. People may love Mike's music, or hate parts of it, or detest everything he's done, or even worship him (although there is such a thing as becoming too fanatic), but at the end of the day, the defining factor in Mike's work isn't what Melomaniac thinks, or what "Henri V(BO)+MikeOldfield" thinks, or what I think, or what anyone else thinks. What does determine what Mike does is Mike. We can criticise, we can rejoice, we can turn a blind eye, but Mike will carry on regardless, and we should really remember that. There are skeptics towards the new TB, myself included, but whatever our judgement, it'll be done anyway. MVR, and Tres Lunas, will be released, whether you want it or not. Life goes on.

You may disagree with what others say on here, or elsewhere in the world. There'll probably be people who disagree with me. That's fine. Everyone has their own opinion, and it is, in many parts of the world, their right to have freedom of speech. They may be right. They may be wrong. That doesn't matter, really. They think what they want to think, and everyone should respect that, regardless of whether you agree or not.

Tim.

Addition at ~7.00 Forum Time: I do believe that the re-recorded TB will sound great. What I meant above is that the music itself (thematically, notation, whatever) will not be new, so it's not exactly a 'new' piece.

Then again, I keep thinking of how good TB2 sounded when I first heard it...I think I'll wait and see/hear, and then pass judgement proper.
Profile PM WEB 
TheInfection Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 05:50

Re-recording of Tubular Bells... well, it COULD sound like Mike tries to again sell more records using the famous title, but in my ears it just means more good music. I liked previous offerings, and I'll bet I like this one.

Regards,
TheInfection
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 06:07

Bonjour Tim

Your comment is very interesting, it is true, Mike does what he wants, and he doesn't give the name "Tubular bells" only to sell more records to have more money, that has a sense.

The record companies are often only interested to have money, and that happened Mike did some works just for money it is true, and it was not well I think, he knows what I think about the subject.

I often say to Mike what fans tell about his music because that can have influence in another oeuvre to create interesting things.

It is a too much long subject for a forum like that perhaps.

I feel it is often interesting to read the comments in the forums, but I would prefer real conversations about subjects Mike develop or inspire in his oeuvres.

To have interesting conversations with him too.

I told to him that could be great to organize a beautiful concert to create a record live about "Tubular bells" to have the reactions of the public, and perhaps he will make two records, one normal just with new technology and another live.
I tease all the fans when I say that.
Not only melomaniac and you.

à bientôt
Henri V (BO) + Mike Oldfield
timshen Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 06:10

I agree with theInfection - it will be MORE GOOD MUSIC! Anything wrong with that?

Anyway, i've long thought that the recording of TB has sounded really outdated and Mike's vision was way ahead of the technology involved at the time. This is really a personal desire of Mike, as far as I see it, to bring TB to a more refined and perfect state, more like his original vision for it.

I would not want Ommadawn to be re-recorded however as I feel it is 'as-good-as-it-gets' - many modern recording techniques don't seem to get such a 'deep' feel to them, they sound more impersonal and Ommadawn probably could not be bettered with modern recording - anyone differ from me in this?

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 06:47

Bonjour Timshen

The re-recording of a record, more modern or no is a very long subject.

And a record is a witness of time too.
The manner to create is important to understand oeuvres.

"Tubular bells" can be very different with new technology perhaps, and this re-recording will be a witness of time about now. Full of many new things happened in Mike's life too.

About "Ommadawn" a new old vinyl record has been re-created recently, perhaps that could happen for "Tubular bells" at a moment who know?

à bientôt
Henri V(BO) + Mike Oldfield
70 replies since Feb. 01 2002, 19:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net