Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New Barry Palmer solo album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
larstangmark Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 16 2009, 12:45

This is from Barry's myspace page:

"STOP PRESS, HOLD THE FRONT PAGE. SIT DOWN. IF YOUR DRIVING, PULL OVER.

Yes, the rumours are true. Barry has finally finished his follow-up to the critically acclaimed withour a name, and is now in the process of mastering and sleeve design.

The new album is called 'The Way Ahead'. The majority of the songs are written by Barry and his co-writer/guitarist/bass player/programmer Dave Duncan. Details of release will be announced shortly, but the first single from the album will be a double A side featuring 'God Knows' and 'Dear John', both of which can be listened to on the myspace page. There will of course be the obligitary promo video which will feature both tracks.

Watch this space for more details, dates etc."

I haven't been too impressed with what I've heard of Barry's solo career so far, but that voice still sends a shiver down my spine. Discovery had a major impact on my as an 11 year old back in 1984!

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
larstangmark Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 16 2009, 06:09

...and now there's a new video on youtube from the album. The track is a llittle mainstream-ish for my taste but that voice still gives me shivers down the spine...
Lars T

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since July 16 2009, 12:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net