Posted: Sep. 17 2003, 22:34

From Digital Creative Arts magazine: Digital Music Pioneer

http://tubular.net/articles/03_09.shtml
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 18 2003, 09:45

One interesting quote here...opinions about it:

What do you think about people sharing music over the net, and services like Kazaa?

It’s putting the record companies out of business, which means musicians, eventually, won’t be able to make money out of making albums – they’ll have to play live. Which I suppose is a good thing. The days of the rock star arriving in his Limo and private jet are over, that’s for sure. I’m just happy I managed to make some money in the seventies and eighties! I like the idea that the record companies won’t be in charge of what we listen to. The big executive who decides the fate of a musician on the golf course will have to go.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since Sep. 17 2003, 22:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net