Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MVR update< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 04 2002, 14:01

www.mikeoldfield.com has been updated with a new Flash interface (click on the hands) and new blurbs. On March 15, the design has been updated again, and a map of the first episode of Music VR is available.
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 04 2002, 14:31

what a great page!!!

Capoeira?

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
alexander.schweigert Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2002, 14:52

hmmm..

there will be a new demo .... ??????????

alex
www.oldfield.de

--------------
www.oldfield.de
Profile PM WEB 
Allan_N Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 04 2002, 15:02

Hmm...I think the man needs someone to write for him: "genaral", "rythmic", "marshal arts"

The site is better now, but still cheesy. OML should hire a real designer to make it look professional (Bill Smith Studio anyone?).
Profile PM WEB 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2002, 15:52

ressources...

mmm

Capoeira + Chill Out = Manu Chao? (I´m trying to make an idea...)

)O( Bill Smith NO! We want HANS CLAESSON!!! ;-)

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 04 2002, 17:17

I wonder how many people will look at that site, look at it for a few moments, not know where to click, say "Nice picture" and close it...

I'd personally think it would be better if they at least offered a bit of a hint ('click this hand for information on Tres Lunas, click this one for information on Mike, etc, etc'). I found that funny Flash text animation that's used for the music and news sections a bit irritating, though it can be skipped...

I thought the design was quite decent, though - I doubt I'd have done any better, so I can't criticise really wink. I think Allan is right, though.
There are some fun little design elements on there which I'll leave for people to discover for themselves, though...
Profile PM 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2002, 22:35

cool design with poor usability. It took at least 10 seconds to me to find the way of entering the site (I´m so patient..). but a bit of more content would not be harmful at all.

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
Tubular Belle Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 05:04

Having looked at the site, something becomes clear:

° The title of the album is in Spanish;

° Ibiza still seems to be close to Mike's heart;

So, there could be a good chance Mike will launch the album in Ibiza on 27th May. It's only a guess but it would make sense or am I reading too much into this? What do you think?

Anyway, I've booked my ticket. The least I can expect is a weeks holiday in a warm, sunny place and the most I can expect is to attend the premier of MVR/Tres Lunas!
Profile PM 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 05:06

I cant get in. to me it just says "A new page is currently under construction". I cant find any way to actually get in, like some of you have. And i cant hear any music.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
Tubular Belle Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 05:16

Did you go directly to the actual site i.e. www.mikeoldfield.com ? Perhaps you tried the wrong site...? When you click on Mike's left hand it brings you to a page with a menu bar at the bottom. At the top is two sets of music notation. Click either to hear the music or both at the same time to set all the bells ringing....
Profile PM 
Tubular Belle Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 05:19

Sorry, Mike's RIGHT hand. I was speaking from my perspective!
Profile PM 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 08:11

I must say that this was a very nice page. Some more music would be nice, but maybe he won't reveal to much just yet...
By the way: Is time slowing down? I think the days are to long now... Let's just skip April... This is taking to long. Kom Mai du skjønne milde...

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 12:04

It seems that the real videos on the reSSources section don´t work... Dommage!

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 12:48

Some chill-out music? Oh... I thought there was more! Damn... well, I hope Mike update soon that site...
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 14:30

Now it´s slightly updated (resources, martial... are spelled well at least!!!) but the videos doesn´t work already...

PLEASE MICHAEL, FIX IT SOON!!!

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 16:11

I wonder what the 1001 1010 numbers are referring to? On the site is a list of numbers that look like 10011010 etc etc. Maybe it took 1001 days to make the VR project....? Maybe it takes 1010 days before its released....? Maybe I'll have 10011010 grey hairs by the time I've managed to download the bl*#dy thing....! (Hint to Mike: Please speed up the download timing - I do wish to play the game within this lifetime!)

Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 16:32

Capoeira? I'd prefer a Caiparinha myself..! Recipe as follows:

1 Fresh lime cut into segments and crushed into a glass; add brown sugar and crushed ice. Pour over, Cachaca (Brazilian cane spirit).

A few of those and I'll guarantee you'd soon be seeing double i.e "S3IS3S LUNAS (6 moons, instead of 3)!!!!!!

I know it's off topic, but......

Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 21:13

Hi To Everyone
Im looking forward to the release of the New Music Hopefully this May and I regard the Game as a bonus pending it works on my Computer.Now before I leave can I just say dont rush time Im as eager as anyone here to hear the new CD(s) but enjoy and appreciate each day listen to Ommadawn,Taurus 2, Incantations, Hergest Ridge.
Etc before you know it you will be scurrying
off to the record shops down the high street
to buy the NEW ALBUM............
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 21:54

Well...cool picture at the start but the rest doesn't even seem to live up to the previous flash version that had nice music each time the mouse passed the menu item. This version is difficult to navigate and some parts don't work for me. Maybe it's not fully up yet and I should reserve comment until it is!!

I don't like the term 'chill out' though - sounds like the musicis more for 'background' purposes which i've never found with Mike's music - the terms he uses also are too 'new-agey' for me! But, having said that I look forward VERY MUCH to the new albums and MVR full versions.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2002, 22:09

Actually I take back a BIT of what i just said! I went back and found a lot more in the new flash version that is MUCH BETTER than the previous one - a bit like Mike's music, at first you're not sure what to make of it and with more listens it comes alove and you grow to love it.

Unfortunately, many people will come in for the first time, say it looks OK but get bored and go on to something else - that way many potential listeners and players will be lost. Just a thought!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
54 replies since Mar. 04 2002, 14:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net