Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MVR in production, Mike will play online< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 08 2002, 13:29

In the news section of www.mikeoldfield.com, Mike says that Music VR is now in production at the factory, and that he will be online in the "game" at a prearranged time. (Thanks, Matthew Cochrane)
The discography has been completed and the demo has been updated on May 11 and contains credits:
Software Pogramming: Colin Dooley
Graphic Artist: Neek Catcheside
(Thanks, Oldfield.de)
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 08 2002, 14:04

Blue Moth?
prearranged time?

...I don´t understand...

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 08 2002, 15:40

What happens if you don't have a credit card will there be an alternative way to make your payment? Sending a cheque etc.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 08 2002, 19:40

Hummm...that sounds quite nice!

And anyone can explain to me what´s that thing called avatars...I read in Mike´s website and didn´t catch the idea...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Vladimir Offline

Posted: May 09 2002, 00:18

Fly with Mike...
It's GREAT!
Profile PM WEB 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: May 09 2002, 04:42

An avatar is simply a picture
or a 3D-object, that represents a person in a chat room or in a game. Other people in the world will see you as this avatar-picture.

BTW. Go vote for Tubular Bells at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/jubilee/
(thanks to Malky for the idea) :-)

Best wishes

/ Johan
Profile PM 
toMtOm Offline

Posted: May 10 2002, 10:14

I think the Avatar is like the girl, the star, the butterfly or even a tree in the Cactus-scene. In my imagination, if you play the game via internet, sometimes you will meet with other people in the virtual world behind the face of different avatars. I think, when you connect to a game, in the beginning you have to choose your avatar-form (eg. butterfly, star, piano etc.) Mike selected exclusive the blue moth, so when you meet the blue moth, you could be sure, it's Mike.
But finally: I didn't play the game so, via internet, and these are only my preconceptions based on the collected information.
Profile PM 
Osiris Offline

Posted: May 11 2002, 18:41

Hey guys, please try the new demo ! and go to the mountain lake... you'll have a surprise, a small wireframed guy skating on the lake, with a new short music loop (TB like, maybe "landfall" on the CD). Funny. but don't shoot him, or you'll start the game from the beginning. Please tell me if you see other differences with the old demo, except better colors, textures...
oh by the way, it'll be off topic, but the video presentation of mvr is really great, and we can hear "No man's land" (2:12), "Return to the origin" (3:02), and I think that the intro music is "Turtle island".
Ok, that's all for the moment, i'm just waiting for the whole project (game and CD), will be so greeeeeat !!!! smile
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: May 12 2002, 05:47

Differences in the updated version:

Added:
- The skating guy + music
- An insect is sitting on the sign
- A dragonfly is flying around the desert
- The spikeballs 'sparkles' upon approach
- The shooting object appears in the bottom left corner

Removed:
- The "plane" avatar by the tree
- The cactus music (?)

Have I missed something?

BTW, did you notice... after you play the spikeball game, the cat and the insect are gone :-)

Best wishes

/ Johan
Profile PM 
Wojtek Offline

Posted: May 12 2002, 06:00

There is a plane, but it appear only after travel to moon. I don't know how, but one time i turned the cactus music on. But it wasn't easy.
Dragonfly is carrying a ring, but i couldn't catch it.
Profile PM 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: May 12 2002, 06:19

Awful! I have to change my graphic card, because is only 8 MB. The demo works, but so slowly that is almost unplayable. I hope it is only the graphic card because I have a Pentium III 600 Mhz with 192 RAM. If your demo works properly, could you say what kind of processor do you have? confused
I have seen the video presentation avalaible at tr3slunas.com. I like so much smile, the first piece of music that appears on the video is great. The game is also great, I hope when I will change my graphic card, it works as well as in the presentation.
Profile PM 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: May 12 2002, 06:39

Juan Luis, I think it´s a question of the graphic card. I have also a Pentium III 600 with 356Mb Ram, I have just changed my graphic card to a GeForce2 MX-400 64Mb and it goes very well. Before, I had got an ATI 32 Mb and the demos worked properly but there were some little problems with it.
Saludos.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: May 12 2002, 06:53

OK, I might be missing the obvious, but how am I to get to the moon+the mountain lake?
Cheers
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: May 12 2002, 08:18

ok. get the first ring. as soon as you do that, you will be transported to a place where you can carry a star, a rose and a thing that is somewhat a cotton plant. get out that area by passing the big portal.
now o the desert go to a green tree that has a transparent moon on it and shot to the moon. you will be transported to the moon (how many moons!) and then...
well, discover that by yourself wink

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 12 2002, 11:35

oldfield_fan - there's a few more things to add to your list of new things in the updated demo....

- Statue of a woman's torso carved into the rockface by the lake with the skating guy thingy!
- The woman who says 'find the rings' has many golden rings flying about her when you go close.

Overall, this is a more iteresting and enjoyable demo - still my graphics don't come out too well rendered - is that my computer or the game?

Like the new music with the skating guy - wonder if that will be on the album or even if it's in the complete MusicVR.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: May 12 2002, 14:13

Talking about the updated discography, it seems it has been taken from the HDCD, because they forget to mention Foreign Affair on Crises.

And the names of the tracks on TB3, show another work title version for some tracks: Exorcism ;-) , for Outcast, also named The Great Fall (and that name explains the "Out, Demon, Out" verse, Rainbow Fire (for Moonwatch), In The Clear (for The Top Of The Morning), and Serpentarium (for Serpent Dream) Secrets is simply called Tubular Bells III.
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: May 12 2002, 14:51

And "Amarok is an unbroken 52 minute piece" ;-)

/ Johan
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 12 2002, 16:42

Ah well, it makes me feel better to know that not even Mike gets the facts right first time when it comes to discographies... wink

Crises seems to be having an identity crisis (pun intended), while tricks of the light seems to have gone plural...I got rhythm could do with an H.

It would be nice to have a little bit of information about the album underneath - a little description to give an idea of what the album is like.

Anyway, that's all a bit negative and nitpicky really. It's nice to see what they've done so far, I was wondering if they were going to have those album cover images actually do anything.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: May 12 2002, 16:58

I'd like to see Exposed also included, as it is wide avalaible in its new HDCD edition
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: May 12 2002, 17:52

And to see Sally in the Platinum album.
24 replies since May 08 2002, 13:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net