Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MusicVR Software updated< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
a_r_schulz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 28 2003, 08:03

New version 1.1i at http://www.mikeoldfield.com/update/
BTW.: I would prefer not to just replace the previous version, but to save the new version as MusicVR_11i.exe and change the desktop shortcut accordingly, so I could always return to a previous version - just in case...
(only spreading the news - I'm not the one who is responsible for the software :)  - copied from VERSION.TXT:
Version 1.1e
This version allows you to register via a proxy server. I also found that old ATI cards work *much* better if you turn the fog effects off so I added an option to the video settings to let you enable/disable the fog.
Version 1.1f
Fixed a couple of little bugs in the game. Added a setting to allow AOL users to register easily.
Version 1.1g
On some machines the game would freeze when you touched the cactus. This fixes that problem.
Version 1.1h
Version 1.1g broke the display of rings on some machines. This fixes that.
Version 1.1i
Fixed a graphical glitch which made objects you were carrying appear to go through the floor on some machines. Also fixed a bug which could get you stuck in the big blue tunnel.
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2003, 05:30

Anyone else tried 1.1i already? Looks like something is broken again - I get a big blue-greyish sqare around turtle island, and also blue squares around the horses and the lightnings in 'Thou Art in Heaven'-thunderstorm ride.
BTW: judging from the recent new releases - are there just more users now, or can we assume that Mike is now seriously working on 'Tubular World' (or whatever he will call MVR2) and complaining about the bugs?
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2003, 06:32

i tried the update and the only place where i found that bug u mentioned is in the horses scene, every horse appear placed on a grey-blue square and the same for the lightnings among the trees. turtle island hasn't got that square round and the rest of places i've been to since the update are ok.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2003, 07:43

Next try - from version.txt:
Version1.1j
Something went wrong when I built 1.1i and this caused confusion between good/bad downloads. This version is just a rename so you can tell if you have the right version.
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2003, 18:47

I also had the horses-on-squares problem, already with V. 1.1h. I was hoping that 1.1i would fix that, but apparently it didn't. But really, on my machine, every single version after 1.1 (with no letter) caused some problems of various sorts... it would be too long to list all of 'em here. :) 1.1 is the only one that works fine (at least for me), and I'm more than happy to stick to it, nonchalantly disregarding all the other updates from the website. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2003, 21:51

I updated to version 'i' buy found that in the horse section the horses are surfboarding on big white blocks - the ground beneath their feet cannot be seen. Anyone else have this problem?

All else so far seems OK. :/

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Jan. 28 2003, 08:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net