Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Musical Instrument Detective Work, The Robo-Oboe< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 08 2020, 20:57

I was listening to the track "Su Mano en mi Mano" on Project System 12's Lost in White album, and I noticed an instrumental sound that I also heard on the theme to Earth:Final Conflict. Internet detective work suggests the instrument is an erhu. I can't immediately think of any of Mike's recordings where this features, or am I forgetting something? Whatever, it has a very pleasing sound.
Profile PM 
peter1 Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2021, 15:37

I can listen to this all day long! Beautiful and relaxing music! Finally, something innovative and original. The guys are great. I never heard of them until my girl came from her violin class. She told me: "Mom, I have potential; I love classics, but listen to Project System 12". I was shocked. I raised my girl with jazz, sonata, symphony and discovered how she developed her taste for music. Violins are her life, and probably of this instrument is depending on her future career. I wish all to find their favorite artist and music. Enjoy every sound of life!
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2021, 20:19

Quote (peter1 @ Sep. 02 2021, 15:37)
I can listen to this all day long! Beautiful and relaxing music! Finally, something innovative and original. The guys are great.

Yes, I listen to about 70 of the PS12 albums. Lots of different moods besides relaxing though... for example, "Luzifer's Angels". I think Funkenzauber is the best album, but Catch a Rainbow and Two Red Roses are great too.
Profile PM 
JacobGraham Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2023, 10:48

"Su Mano en mi Mano" had me captivated, and then, I recognized that familiar instrumental sound from the Earth: Final Conflict theme!After some internet research, it seems that sound comes from the erhu, and it's simply enchanting! Now, I'm trying to recall if Mike used it in any of his recordings. It's a bit hazy, but that sound is truly beautiful and memorable!Also, I wanted to mention that I found some lovely flutes for sale, and I'm seriously considering getting a new one for myself! Playing the flute has a magical charm, and I can't resist adding more musical instruments to my collection.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Oct. 08 2020, 20:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net