Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music VR update< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 26 2001, 13:34

The Music VR website has been updated with a new Flash interface. (Thanks, Mats Larsson and Nacho Marin) On Sept 12, mike-oldfield.com was updated with new pictures. (Thanks, Thomas Fagerström)
Music VR got a BTDesign award for Best Music Site - August 2001. (Thanks, Oldfield.de)
Profile PM 
Mark 1 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 26 2001, 18:19

As I said before, each incarnation Music VR and the corresponding website seem to be getting more beautiful. Only nag I would have is that the flash seems to run a bit slow.

I'm still wondering, though, whether the demo we all saw and played a thousand times is indeed Part I? It would be strange, since the demo doesn't give you the feel of a seperate 'part', but more of a test of the technology.

Ah well, I can wait... smile
Profile PM 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2001, 12:19

I have seen all the Flash presentations and I think that they are very funny. If the icons of Part II and III are shown in the page it could be possible that they will be downloadable soon. I hope so. smile
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2001, 12:27

I like what I see! I had always felt the website should be more high tech to give the feel of what music VR is all about. It does run a little slow (mostly due to my 56k modem) but I was not frustrated with the wait as the end product was worth waiting for - lovely!

I had fun making tunes by pasing my mouse over the menu buttons at the bottom!

It does look like the DEMO and Part One are one and the same! But it does say that the demo is only a tiny bit of what the other parts will be - so I can't wat to get part 2!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2001, 14:05

I don't think that The Demo is Part one! There is no meaning in it and it is far to small to called a part. It's defenitly a demo.

But deos anyone know when the hole thing will be released? We have waited a year now from the first announced releasedat.

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2001, 15:01

But, if the demo is not part 1, why are there links for the demo and the as-yet non existent parts 2 and 3, but not for part 1?

The fact that there's no meaning in the demo could be put down to the nature of Music VR - that there's no meaning to any of it...It even says on the site that there is no objective to Music VR...

There has been plenty of time for them to clear up the 'mistake' of the 'Part 1 free' link on www.mike-oldfield.com - they haven't done that, even though they've updated the web site since that link appeared.

We will find out for sure soon enough...
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2001, 17:15

Its not called Part one anymore. At www.musicvr.com it clearly says Free Demo. And by klicking the link you get this
"This is the first small DEMO publicly available of MusicVR. It is a very SMALL scene, but does CONTAIN some of the vital elements of MusicVR."

Well, there you have it in simply english, it is a demo not part one.

By the way, is it anyone how knows how to get the rose in the demo, I have seen lots of screens on the internet where the rose is in sight. And a while ago someone posted a message here where that person said he/she had get the rose.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2001, 18:50

But, as Korgscrew pointed out, there are links to Part 2 and Part 3, and, no link to Part 1.
Hypothesis: the link to the demo will be replaced by the link to Part 1, and the demo will no longer be available when Part 1 is released.
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2001, 19:11

Just my thought Oliver. I belive that's what going to happen when part one are finished.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2001, 19:57

Have a look at www.mike-oldfield.com - it STILL says 'Part 1 free'.

We may indeed see the demo link replaced...Paul Harris has said that Part 1 will be different to the demo in a number of ways - we shall wait and see what.

My question still remains as to what their logic is with these links (not that there has to be one, of course...just that, trying to unravel a mystery, it tends to be something I'd look for...). Why have links to all the other unfinished parts, but not the first - they could even have a link to page saying that Part 1 is coming soon (maybe give a date) and giving an idea of what exciting things people will be able to expect to explore in it.

They do seem to be working to a vaguely odd logic though - I would say they could have put the contents of both sites onto one...

(P.S. All I get by cliking the 'Free Demo' link is a picture of loads of dandelion seeds and a rainbow, with a link to download the demo and one that goes back to the beginning...Something makes me suspect something is being lost thanks to the wonders of form over functionality...)
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 28 2001, 12:19

The demo will not be part 1. The demo will be replaced by the "real" part 1 when parts 1-3 are finalised.

I agree about the slightly confusing logic and structure...

Paul
Stuart Breed Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2001, 20:37

Well, I got the chance to fly around the free demo. I think it's a cool concept, I understand what it's all about, bringing life to a desert and all that. BUT how? I've read the new instructional info and must admit I have to go back to the quest with the new info. So far I've been a little frustrated, but that's the beauty of these games, patience is a virtue.
So, last night I spent the evening away from my computer listening to the things I love, Ommadawn, TSODE etc.
I'm still convinced the whole thing will
work out just fine.
If anyone is interesred? i've just started a new website with some cool friends of mine.
www.whenwegrowup.com
Check it out.

--------------
Stu
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2001, 14:02

One thing which isn't still very clear to me, is whether the cd Music VR will be released on also contains the music on other tracks, or only the software. Somebody knows about that, or is that information still not available? I personally hope it also contains the music on other tracks.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2001, 14:14

By the way Stuart, I really like your site. I also loooooove animals wink.

Please stay on topic, and please do not promote non MO websites, you can put your URL in your profile. Hope you understand. -- Olivier

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2001, 17:49

The information as I heard it was that Mike, following the 'completion' of Music VR, has been working on putting the musical elements from it together in album form, along with various other bits and pieces.
Profile PM 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2001, 20:28

I want an album to be released with the MVR music... hope it gets very soon... and that flash on the site? that was somthing nice but i hoped for some more news..

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2001, 13:44

Oke, thanks Korgscrew! wink

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
16 replies since Aug. 26 2001, 13:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net