Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music VR game available< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
freshhh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 27 2002, 07:50

Hi! I got 7 rings already!!! The final scene was so beautiful! I like it very much, Return To Origin was playing during it. And I think the most lovely scene in Tres Lunas is the Moon Scene where you come up with a mix by touching stars. The whole game is WONDERFUL!!! And I think I didn't see all the avatars and scenes. So I have to go now to explore more different places. Bye!

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: May 27 2002, 12:24

What's this? Only positive reactions to the
game? I too feel that this is just awesome,
but normally there is at least one with a
rod stuck up his/her rear that feels
different.
Whoppee! Going on to play some more...
I've gotten 6 rings at the most, but then
the female guide told me to go to the temple
and make a wish, which made me lose a ring
(or two).
Wojtek Offline

Posted: May 27 2002, 18:02

Playing Tres Lunas brings lot of fun and good feelings. It's really nice and deep. If Mike want to make a new step in the music world he shouldn't take an extra cash for the game - then more people could try MVR (they would pay for CD). But it's his own buisness. Mike, please, give all the money which you've received from Tres Lunas to professional graphics. Game is very nice and good, really, one of the best i have ever played, but if it had nowaday graphic level - it would be the best in the world. Many young people could stop playing because of graphic - and it's a pitty. I hope that the next part/version will be prepared with team of profesionals (not anly one of them - as we have seen on the video).
Thanks Mike for great enjoyment and I'm waitng for next part with up-to-date graphic.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 27 2002, 19:04

There are actually two team members involved in creating the Music VR world. I imagine that the team was kept small partly with the view that 'too many cooks spoil the broth', that Mike would rather work with a small team of individuals who he knows well and who understand his ideas, and also so as not to overstretch the budget - people in the computing industry tend to demand a lot for their services.

I would imagine that any money made from the sales of Music VR will go back in to getting back the money spent on Music VR's creation. I'd also expect future instalments to be based on the same engine, without any great improvements...
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 06:31

Yipeee! I've just got all 7 rings and made the desert grow with a lovely rainbow!

This is the best value for money , enjoyable, addictive, fun game I've ever played! Wonderful Mr.Oldfield - you've done a great job! A bit jerky sometimes on my 466Mhz system but at least I can run it! If it was any more detailed graphics then it would probably not work at all.

FANTASTIC!!!!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: May 28 2002, 08:32

I'd love if the game would have some low resolution, plain mode for older computers. There were 3D games designed for 386s and 486s which run incredibly fast on my 150MHz Pentium; no matter they use 640x480 or 320x200 videomodes, run under DOS and have not much detailed graphics. The most important thing, particularly in this game, is the music, isn't it?

Maybe they could include some kind of player or plug-in for playing those game .snd files, just to enable more people to listen to the music. It wouldn't be much, but at least it would make me (and many more Oldfield maniacs who can't buy each year a new computer) happy.
45 replies since May 23 2002, 14:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net