Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music VR demo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 10 2001, 16:10

...For the usual fee, plus expenses. Confidential information, it's in a diary. This is my investigation it's not a public enquiry.

Classic stuff.

I still can't get the thing to work (demo, I mean) but it's fun to read that everyone seems to like the demo. I seem to be one of the few people who liked the flying lesson (I got it to work at college, I'm on Easter break just now).

So, for everyone who is stuck at the moment: would we be quicker to wait for an update or buy new hardware?
Profile PM 
Orion69 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 10 2001, 20:04

I will try the demo with a Cray T3E..... just to check if its graphic card is good enough... biggrin...sorry.
.....I'm waiting, patient, for more graphic support......at least for 3dfx and Matrox.. wink

Hello Mike......good work.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 11 2001, 08:49

...I go checkin' out the report, and I'm digging out the dirt; you always get to meet ALL sorts in this kind of work. Treachery & treason, there's always an excuse for it, and when I find the reason, still can't get used to it...

Very classic stuff indeed smile smile

I've got a Matrox Millennium (G400) and the demo doesn't work. It does not even start: Mike's message, a white screen... and that's all. frown

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Roman Davydoff Offline

Posted: April 11 2001, 09:51

I have MR icon for Windows desktop here http://bancodegaia.terrashare.com/main/icons/icon.htm

--------------
cheerio,
Roman
Profile PM WEB 
Wojtek Offline

Posted: April 11 2001, 12:14

I've tested demo with two other people, who don't know Mike's music well. They like it, but one thing was annoying to them. Becasuse they're people, who don't work with computer very often, they had problems with pushing those three objects into the gate. It sounds funny but it was really irritating for them! I think if there would be only one object to push into, it would be ok. Other opinion: Mike, in the next project, maybe you'll use music from the past albums? E.g view like on Crises cover, and you're flying above the water from this man to the light in the tower, and you hear "The Watcher and the Tower waiting hour by hour". Or The Bell: you're flying from Grand Piano to Reed and Pipe Organ etc. to Tubular Bells... It would be great, wouldn't it? smile
Profile PM 
Pacha Daddy Offline

Posted: April 11 2001, 12:53

Filip's site is really great...the flash interactive is very well done. I recommend you go check it out!
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: April 11 2001, 15:47

"And what have you got, at the end of the day?
What have you got, for to take away?"

The riddle's solution must be some technical feature, which some graphics cards have, and others have not. And it must surely be related to 3D and vector processing. Dear Watson, I've reached the limit of my skills. I'll now withdraw to my room. Please ask the Baker street kids to go a-roaming, and wake me when they found something...
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: April 11 2001, 19:25

I've started, so I'll finish...

A bottle of whisky and a new set of lies.
Blinds on the window and a pain behind the eyes.

Scarred for life-- no compensation
Private investigations.

With the new update on the 12th, perhaps a little part of the riddle may be solved before we all have to go "windin' your way down in Baker Street".

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
filip Offline

Posted: April 12 2001, 12:37

Is there NEW MVRDeom or not???

THERE IS ONLY ONE FILIP FILIPOV IN BULGARIA,VARNA, WHO IS FAN OF MIKE OLDFIELD
AND WHO WORKS ON THE BULGARIAN,FLASH-TUBULAR SITE www.simoda.search.bg/oldfield .

I DO NOT publish the Flash-map of the MVR-DEMO on our site because I do not wont
to hurt the strategy of Mike and the wonderful challenge to touch the MVR-demo alone. I made the flash-map because I wish
to help my friends in MVR. If somebody wish to get it just e-mail to me ( ve@dr.com )

I have NEW detail about old MVR-demo:

The Girl ENTER in one of the big brown rock
near the Wall!!??!!!

Mike, I have questions to you answer me, please. I just wont to help... :-/
'
'
I have one New question:
If I make a MP3 files with music from the MVR-demo and put them on BG-Mike-Oldfield-fan-site, will be any problem about your
strategy???

Filip Filipov
Bulgaria, Varna e-mail: ve@dr.com

Music is Living Reality!

--------------
Music is Living Reality!

Philip Philipov
ve@dr.com

Profile PM WEB 
freshhh Offline

Posted: April 14 2001, 06:15

GREAT! This demo is really good! I hope that the full episode will be more beautiful. Graphics and especially MUSIC made me crazy!!! Go on Mike!!!

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 
Wojtek Offline

Posted: April 14 2001, 06:43

I've just downloaded upgraded demo. There are some new additions (e.g. flying rose, clouds near volcano), but it's almost the same. I'm not sure, but probably it works faster than first one.
Founded errors: volcano sometimes is without texture (it's white), and ground textures looks often very pixelized.
It's wrotten on Dark Star, that new demo will work with other graphic cards (not only with nvidia based-on), but you have to check it out - i don't have acces to computer with no-nvidia graphic card.
And the last thing: WHY CAN'T I CATCH THE BOOMERANG????
Profile PM 
c0p0n Offline

Posted: April 15 2001, 15:40

ys, that white textures on the volcano appeared me a couple of times. and also I noticed that the demos is faster but sometimes there are disappearing polygons...
I get 45-120 fps, and with the first 6 mb demo from 35-60.
tnt2 ULTRA with latest stable detonator 3 drivers, dx7, wme, and duron 770

--------------
.:c0p0n:.
Profile PM WEB 
zerblatt Offline

Posted: April 15 2001, 19:56

Tried the demo for the first time today. Very well done, Mike & co! I'm really looking forward to the rest of it.

Wojtek; I had no problems 'catching' the boomerang.
Profile PM WEB 
Wojtek Offline

Posted: April 16 2001, 07:27

zerblatt, when I'm near the boomerang, it's throwing out those strange objects. But i can't go around the boomerang, I can't hear any new music/sounds, and the sky does't change into red (as it was in the first demo).
Profile PM 
Tailgunner Offline

Posted: April 17 2001, 21:53

This limitted VR world was one of the greatest VR experience I have seen so far. I found my self trying to trigger meaningfull objects to create a new music arrangment, all created from Mike's object samples. I then powered-on my two analog synths, following the boomrang and started experiencing the music flowing through my blood and my fingers. That was a great experience.

At last somebody with some financial power but with an alternate mind,(a man who can think out of the box) finaly introduce one of the true power of VR in a beautiful and enjoyable way.

Mike, may your work inspire a new generation of musician, and lay the foundation of a wonderful new VR culture.

Dave
"Father I think I heard something"
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: April 17 2001, 22:29

I forgot to say, when I was rambling earlier:

WELCOME MIKE!

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
toMtOm Offline

Posted: April 19 2001, 11:01

Hi Mike!

I played with the demo, I like it very much, but have a question: what is the next step?
I think everybody need some info about your following plans. When? and How much? Could you share us some new info in this business?
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: April 28 2001, 16:56

ok... recently i got a laptop... yay! :-) its a dell inspiron 8000 p3 850 100bus and 32mg video card... lots of other stuff too... not gonna go into that.

anyhoo... i just cant get enough of this game!! :-) the monitor on my laptop is like the best 15inch monitor they make for laptops and the game just kicks ass on there mike!! :-) i am soooo impressed with this program... love to fly around objects and stuff!! :-) for some reason i have always been facinated with flying 360 around an object and across lands and stuff... and this game certainly puts together everything i love about a flying simulation/adventure game... cant wait for the rest so i can fly up to the mountain top and over the ocean!! :-)

i fly planes too just like mike... currently flying a cherokee N2092M.

ive sat at the breakfast table and at university playing this game. first time i played it... i was sitting in the dark and have to say when those flowers start falling from the sky and you are flying through them... it was just gorgeous mike!! :-) btw mike... hi to you too :-) please release this game soon... but not until after my training in may for the airline... cause i wont ever study... ill be too addicted to your game to do anything else! ;-)

anyhoo... great job mike and team... please hurry and release the final game... im getting dizzy going round the same part over and over... lol :-P

note to mike: please dont release anymore bell albums... re-recording or otherwise... please do something different... as monty python used to say... "completely different"!! you are an incredible musician and to be recognized and constantly rehashing one album is not showing the world what you are capable of!! constantly with the tubular bells puts me in mind of the boy and girl bands... constantly rehashing the same thing over and over again... and we all know that you are above those boy and girl bands... very far above them!!!! if you are going to re-record an album... might i suggest if it has to be a bell album... TB2... and for a non-TB album... hergest ridge... ommadawn... amarok... even some of the taurus material!?!?!

take care :-)

christopher
Profile PM 
57 replies since April 06 2001, 11:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net