Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music VR demo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 07 2001, 21:11

Well, i downloaded it with no problem, however my computer doesn't have very good hardware accelleration! UGH! (i don't think i have OpenGL either, ! mad madah!!!). So i wasn't able to get really any motion effects from it, but the picture quality is good and the sound is excellent.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Wojtek Offline

Posted: April 08 2001, 05:16

Demo is quite nice. But, like Perihelion, I can see some graphics shortcommings. And, when I'm catching this kind of pollen it seems the sound file is broken (firststepsrealpiano). First tacts are playing too fast. Or, maybe, it should be so?
Anyone had such problems?
Profile PM 
filip Offline

Posted: April 08 2001, 11:03

Music is Living Reality!!!

Hello from Philip!

I like Music VR very much! But I ask : Is there somebody, who understand that this demo
is very interesting QUEST GAME!!!!!!

I made very big map of quest of sounds, tracks, objects and situations which depend
from free will of tubular&virtual-man.

If somebody wish to see it or wont to add something to my map, just send e-mail to this address: ve@dr.com and I will send to him my map and some gift to him
-> my Flash Interactive Intro for Mike Oldfield (1.8 MB), which intro is the flash basis of our Tubular site: http://www.simoda.search.bg/oldfield
;-)))

Philip Philipov
P.S. Sorry for bad english grammar and than our site do not have English version!

Questions for Mike:

1.When we may buy the whole Virtual-Quest-Reality and what is the entire price?????

2. Mike, do you see my flash-intro of our Bulgarian tubular site?

3. Mike May I help you for this project in Bulgaria?

--------------
Music is Living Reality!

Philip Philipov
ve@dr.com

Profile PM WEB 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: April 08 2001, 13:37

The demo seems very well done to me. But I think that some textures could be improved. The music it is also good and there are some effects as the volcano or the rings that are very nice. smile
I hope all the chapter will be very soon.
Profile PM 
Mike Offline

Posted: April 08 2001, 18:05

hi
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 08 2001, 18:46

All positive replies come from unregistered users? Shouldn't this awaken our suspicion, dear Watson?
a2d Offline

Posted: April 08 2001, 23:07

I tried the demo on a laptop - my mouse is a touchpad. I find it IMPOSSIBLE to navigate around in the demo - should I get myself a traditional mouse? Or is it just that I am totally inept with this stuff?

Please offer any advise, as I want to judge this thing on its merits... right now can't stand it because I keep spinning in circles and can't do what I want to do.
Profile PM 
zoolook Offline

Posted: April 09 2001, 07:34

a2d: you should consider using an ordinary mouse - not that difficult to navigate (allthough I wish I could reverse it vertically).
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 09 2001, 11:08

Is nobody going to say hello to Mike? wink

(Here...I'll say it: Hello Mike, welcome to the forums).
Profile PM 
toMtOm Offline

Posted: April 09 2001, 12:07

Hi everybody! (Especially Mike! smile it is really you? - but as I see the e-mail address this could be possible...)

I spent the half Monday with playing the demo. I think it is amazing! My opinion is that nobody expected such thing. Or if I remember well, we could not imagine earlier what does it really mean: Sonic/Music Virtual Reality. Now I see!
I visited all the things (the cactus, the horse, the girl, the rocks and the trees) and kicked the stars thru the arch and flew around and around with the orange and lemon butterfly listening the always changing music (the stars scene music was pretty good!) and avoid the scorpion under the white bush to collect the golden ring and flew with the flying seed towards the rose and the star.
I am still here and unfortunatelly I don't know whether I find everything or not. I am afraid that "not", because Mike mentioned on the information board that I have to go to the "silver spheres". But where and what are they?
SOMEBODY COULD HELP ME? MIKE, PLEASE!
Now I am waiting for the final version after the demo, 'cause I was convinced with this short introduction of the MVR. It was worth waiting so much.
Go on Mike! Full speed ahead!
Profile PM 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: April 09 2001, 12:29

toMtOm: I think you have visited all the objects, and I think that the silver spheres are the same than the stars.
And another thing, is Mike really MO.
I hope so!! smile
Anyway if Mike is really MO, welcome!!!, if not welcome!!! as well
Profile PM 
Fox Offline

Posted: April 09 2001, 12:39

A sad day for me. It doesn't work. My graphics card isn't powerful enough! Ughhhhhhh....little is worse than waiting for a project and it not even working on your computer!

Maybe I can convince my dad to buy a new graphics card ;-). What pains me is that I can see the music files, but can't listen to them! I hear the graphics are great; but I can't see them! THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!

Take care!

PS--I checked the profile entry of that "Mike" guy. No one would dare have an email address besides "him" *kneels*. Greetings from the U.S. of A. Your fans here are few, but we're loyal! Hahahahaha!
Profile PM 
Pikalcazar Offline

Posted: April 09 2001, 13:26

My dude StRiXx had 180% of downloadind after the repairs... xD

I hope the demo will be faster than the last time... probably not... probably Pentium 166 is quite old... biggrin
Profile PM 
Stuart Breed Offline

Posted: April 09 2001, 16:01

Can anyone help me with Music VR?
I've downloaded the ZIP and have got it up and running. The only problem I'm having is I don't seem to have any control with my mouse.
I'm using my laptop which has a touch pad and I've tried using a traditional mouse as well. The game just skips to different scenes as soon as I open it.
I know the problem has to be within my computer.

--------------
Stu
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: April 09 2001, 16:29

As always, my dear Watson, you're a little slow. But don't worry, things will sort out just in time...
Haegar Offline

Posted: April 09 2001, 16:36

MVR works fine on my computer. PII350 TNT2 Graphics Card. W2K 0,0 frames/sec, Win98 40,0 frames/sec.
The music and the graphics are fine, no more no less. This a demo and even if find it really great it must be a bit better if i am willing to pay something for it. But it really gets me excited, makes me want more of it. And that´s the best thing a demo can do for me.

bye
Haegar

Homepage
Profile PM WEB 
Wojtek Offline

Posted: April 09 2001, 17:15

Stuart Breed: please, type what processor, graphic card, how many RAM memory etc. you have, then we could help you.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 09 2001, 17:28

Please use the Troubleshooting topic in the Music VR forum for reporting bugs, problems, fixes, etc. Thanks.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: April 10 2001, 03:55

Well, Sherlock...

Is this a conspiracy I spy, or a coincidence?

An unregistered user is unbound by the science of registering, and thus has no need to produce an e-mail address, although neither is a registered user. The main focus is on the idea that unregistered users may be different people who just change their nicknames, whilst when someone is registered they is only "one of them", i.e. they don't register again. (although I would like this question answered: how many people in Varna, Bulgaria, are named Filip/Filip Filipov?)

Thus the mystery is whether the unregistered users posting comments are one and the same person, or not.

In addition, does registering to the forums change brainwave patterns, causing people who would accept MVR as good to not accept it as good, or even to claim it does not work. This is utter rubbish, as far as science has proven, as not even Microsoft have come up with this project yet (and a brainwave alteration program would be pretty high on their agenda wink).

-Tim- (Dr Watson seems to be on holiday).

Everybody (especially Korgscrew wink), warm up your vocal cords, and join in:

It's a mystery to me- the game commences...
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 10 2001, 14:18

Demo works really really good with me. But check my computer: Win98 SE, AMD Thunderbird 1 Ghz, 256 RAM and Geforce 2 MX. (Muhahahaha!) Sorry. smile

Demo is awesome! I just can't stop playing it! Amazing that Mike all made this! Sometimes there a few errors in the sound, which I hope will be solved. I liked the way Mike made the program with the music like you choose a different butterfly you hear different music. smile

Mike, keep up the good work!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
57 replies since April 06 2001, 11:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net