Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music VR club launched at musicvr.com< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 01 2004, 18:24

After being up in an in-progress state for a few days, musicvr.com has finally launched. It forms a base for Mike's new Music VR community, which has been named 'The Music VR Club'. The site currently offers a forum for the club's members, with the opportunity to meet other users and gain technical support. The administrators want to make clear though, that it is for discussing Music VR only, not Mike's music.

Membership is free to anyone with a Music VR registration key.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 02 2004, 17:46

toby said...
Has anybody seen the new website? Looks pretty good and at least they have all the rules clearly laid out this time, tubular.net even gets a mention as a place to go if you want to discuss Mike's music. It's a shame none of this was put together for the release of TresLunas two years ago, I kind of get the feeling everyone's lost interest in MVR these days.

sometimes experience tells how to improve things and they are doing well at musicvr.com imo.

i reckon people haven't lost interest, looking behind, it's now two years since mvr is working and here (there) we are. there are already around 100 members, old and new people sharing games, mvr experiences and helping each other (with an active participation of the site administration) it's not crowded but this is a good point too.

moreover, things are going smooth, i mean not only the tone people use to write but also its evolving "speed". when the forums at mike's site were working, it was sometimes scary  to enter and find huge heaps of new answers and threads in just some hours... i prefer slow cooked meals... in the new forums, even when there is excitement being the place so new born, things are slower, there is "more-thinking-before-writing" and that makes it more interesting to read. i always have the idea that when something starts rushing, it may well end the same way...  so i hope things go on the same way.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Mike Oldfield became a salesman.
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 03 2004, 22:13

Stupid  and covetous
[img]http://familynews.chez.tiscali.fr/flyingstart/images/tubegold.jpg[/img]

Mike Oldfield became a salesman. The forum is not free.
It is necessary to buy its plays to have the forum.
It is stupid and covetous.
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 06 2004, 10:33

I think the idea was to build a private forum for the people who bought MusicVR. Nothing really stupid or covetous about that. There's nothing wrong with private forums.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Wayfarer Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2004, 19:01

And, of course, it does artifacts in Mozilla / Firefox.

Why webmasters always forget there are life ouside Microsoft Internet Explorer? :(

-- Wayfarer

--------------
My homepage - www.thewayfarer.info
My search - www.cannotbefound.com
My community - www.taurusiv.net
My luthier - www.artluthier.com
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2004, 23:50

I'd say,webmistress on the musicvr.com's case.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2004, 19:11

shame their server crashed then.....

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2004, 05:41

they've sorted it out :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
7 replies since Sep. 01 2004, 18:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net