Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music VR  and Childen's Community update< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 18 2002, 17:23

today i let some of my pupils trying the smart world, in the afternoon i work at home with children, they come for private lessons and today, i allowed two of them, the youngest aged 9, to try it
what i can say is that they were surprised... i think they felt a bit confused cause it was a kind of game but they were flying around what we work about at class... no killing...  but learning... and inspite of this... enjoying... ;)
one of them, while he was diving round the castle,  asked me if he had to kill the fish... they are so used to kill in the games...
about the control of what happens in the game it seems easy for them to manage, and enjoy the feeling of floating and moving freely in the space...

about the figure of the smartie... i think it's good if a good idea springs to life, even through a very commercial way...   i mean... if the idea is born before and then the artist searches for a gate for it...  that's ok for me
it's different when someone first has the wish of selling and creates something with the aim of being sold... this is what i call 'products'... and u can feel them empty in some way...

the smart world imo is a good idea for children, they can be shown that there are other ways... that there are 'gates' to different places where they can enjoy flying or playing with language and that they can do more things than killing or rushing with cars... they can choose other things... and this is really important

i'm looking forward to seeing the 'stories about music' section

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2002, 19:01

Is there anyone of you who knows who does the child's (speaking) voice in the Smart World demo belong to? I'd love him to be Daniel Radcliffe (= Harry Potter), since I'm a Potter fan, but the voice sounds a bit too young to be his. ;) What do you think?

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2003, 06:26

Quote (Olivier @ Nov. 11 2002, 01:36)
On Nov 23, Music VR has been updated to version 1.1g (thanks, Tim Unwin).

So long ago already, and I haven't noticed/cared yet ? ;)
Anyone else got the impression that this version got more bugs in than out ? At least I cannot see the collected rings in the top right corner anymore, and e.g. in the rings game, the spike ball sometimes moves underground..
Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2003, 09:52

Quote (a_r_schulz @ Jan. 08 2003, 12:26)
...At least I cannot see the collected rings in the top right corner anymore...

Just found that 1.1h is out, which should fix this problem ( http://www.mikeoldfield.com/update/history.txt )
Profile PM WEB 
23 replies since Nov. 10 2002, 19:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net