Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music, the ancient lang, he is< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bevy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 22 2003, 20:56

Just been looking through all the fan music post

and this guy is harsh,, what do u all think???

is he our simon lol

BTW,,JOKE ; )
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 22 2003, 21:15

Yes, that Ancient.....criticizing the life out of people and making them go home and cry regardless of their hard work and effort put into their work! This man is pure evil! He has no feelings! Lock him in a room and make him listen to Booster's Ommadawn 2003 until he cracks!

hehe jk.

Seriously, I think Ancient is a good critique. At least he's not afraid to say what he thinks. Which most of the time can be good to the artist. Just being nice about it and talking about the things you liked *all the time* (like most of us do.....come on admit it! lol) *sometimes* doesn't really help. Though I wouldn't say stop talking about the good things altogether...I just think things need balance. I admire Ancient for having that ability to just simply NOT CARE and speak his mind lol. Though, sometimes, in all honesty, Anicent, I think you do go for what's bad too much and not pay as much attention to what's good as maybe should be. I'm just saying there should be balance :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 22 2003, 22:00

I'll leave this here as long as it doesn't turn into an attack...

My feeling on the issue of critique, especially when taking the role of a producer, is that it's best to start with the good points and build on those. If all you do is pick out the bad points, you'll teach someone how to make bad music without necessarily showing them how to make good music. I feel it's important to gauge the criticism to suit the person it's aimed at, as some people are going to be put off by too much harsh critisism, while others may be inspired to try harder. That's can be very hard to do on the internet, as it's sometimes difficult to judge what a person's true reaction to a comment was.
I generally prefer to build things up in stages with people, suggesting small improvements each time rather than throwing them at someone all at once...I think a very important thing is for people to just take the time to develop and discover things slowly, rather than expecting everything to happen all at once.
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: May 23 2003, 05:21

Besides from crippling fuzzy animals, smashing butterfly's with heavy, sharp objects and pinching everybody who's with me in the dark, I like to come to tubular.net and make various musicians feel depressed, yes. :D

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 23 2003, 06:42

you can't depress me :P

I am gonna lock you in the other room besides my studio put speaker there and play my Ommadawn and Doge's Palace to you :D

whahahah
I am evil :P

Music Ancient...: now you can feel depressed look at the tour on my studio http://www.rebirth.nd4spdworld.com/tour/

hehehe just kidding indeed...
but anyway mate good that this topic is here now I finally can say on full mouth....YOU SHOULD REALLY SHUT UP SOMETIMES!

Greets...

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 

Posted: May 23 2003, 13:26

Well, it didn't depress you, but at least I made you scream out of frustration.
Good enough for me...  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 23 2003, 13:41

maybe a scream heh...but no frustration on my side ...maybe on yours?  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
bevy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 23 2003, 17:33

just 2 make it clear

I was only taking the pi#s..(joke)

so keep them post's comming m8,  your input is always appreciated
Profile PM 

Posted: May 23 2003, 19:19

Alright. Thanks guys, for giving me the honor of my name (well, almost...) in a topic, and for the kind (and less kind, I like those as well :p ) words you give me. Although I'm not as politically correct as Korg, I'll continue to restore the balance between good and evil in 'comments land'. Honesty rules!

However, I think I'm gonna wait a while to post another track of mine. Revenge prevention!   :D

--------------
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: May 23 2003, 22:04

However, I think I'm gonna wait a while to post another track of mine. Revenge prevention!

:D ;) :p

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 24 2003, 07:57

I am not gonna revenge this way...

wait for an e-mail with a virus LOL

j/k

don't worry about a revenge I don't do this :)

--------------
Profile PM 
10 replies since May 22 2003, 20:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net