[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music Of The Spheres tracklisting< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 23 2007, 17:43

That last track  :D   :D

Is Mike hoping to make a theme tune for the Record company? Lots of small royalties every time they play it at a dealers convention?

Seriously waiting now, out just in time for my birthday.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: July 23 2007, 18:10

I was a bit worried that Hayley Westenra was going to steal all the attention on this album allthough I adore her musical voice...
but now I see that she's represented on one track only so far.
Is that it?  ;)

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 23 2007, 23:55

Quote (olracUK @ July 23 2007, 19:43)
That last track  :D   :D

Is Mike hoping to make a theme tune for the Record company? Lots of small royalties every time they play it at a dealers convention?

AFAIK,it seems to be related to the concept of the album...not a theme for his record company.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: July 24 2007, 07:49

Thanks for all the info Korgscrew.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: July 24 2007, 09:03

i forgot to say that too. Thanks Korgscrew!!!
:)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: July 24 2007, 12:15

Thanks for this exciting info, i like the song titles, and am very excited about this release, HW has an amazing voice to, so, it should get some heavy promo.
Profile PM 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: July 24 2007, 12:58

It would be great to know if any hidden track or bonus track will be available depending on country where it will be released (I wish to avoid buying album twice as I did with L&S even given that it comes on CD and stick I could afford it this time).

It would be interesting also to know if 14 titles are all titles they worked on or there is material which didn't make it on this album.
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: July 24 2007, 16:19

maybe some outtakes with electric guitar :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: July 24 2007, 17:25

YES ! TUBULARMAN !!!! I AGREE

A BONUS CD WITH THE NON-ORCHESTRAL VERSION WITH ELECTRIC GUITAR !!!

Neil  :D  :laugh:
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: July 24 2007, 18:23

Quote (Korgscrew @ July 23 2007, 09:00)
1.   Harbinger - 04.08

To hear some of the details of the forthcoming album is marvellous, thankyou for letting us know. It's also rather nice to think Tubular.net hears news first.

I'm looking forward to the album but I have always had a problem with saying that word Harbinger, it never sounds right to me!

My instincts tell me it's going to be good, an accomplished piece, but if I'm really honest I do love the way he plays electric guitar! I will however make sure I listen properly!!!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: July 25 2007, 03:41

Quote (Tubularman @ July 24 2007, 16:19)
maybe some outtakes with electric guitar :D

Oh yes!  :D I have a feeling we might get something like that (at least certain parts) in one of the next albums (we all know how Mike likes to repeat and change things).
Profile PM WEB 
Amazing Maurice Offline

Posted: July 25 2007, 04:57

12 th of November? It's my birthday :D
I am fully excited. But I don't like this "short-pieces-of-music" composition and titles... It reminds me a "Tr3s Lunas", I don't know why. but I hope, that everything should be OK and Mike will keep his promises.

Cheers
Profile PM 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: July 25 2007, 05:54

Quote (Amazing Maurice @ July 25 2007, 10:57)
But I don't like this "short-pieces-of-music" composition and titles... It reminds me a "Tr3s Lunas", I don't know why. but I hope, that everything should be OK and Mike will keep his promises.

I think Part I and Part II should speak for itself.  In one interview Mike said he doesn't care if it is long piece or chunks (I think it was related to TB2003 and they was how track numbers has changed).  I guess the message is that we have 2 pieces here (which probably are related too).
Profile PM WEB 
ingresman Offline

Posted: July 25 2007, 07:03

I wonder if the CD is copy protected (like TB2003) (so you can't rip it yourself) and the USB has MP3/WMA with some kind of Digital rights Management (DRM) attached.
Profile PM 
Deadcalm Offline

Posted: July 25 2007, 10:13

Just a Thought ""  Would Tubular Bells"  been a Hit if the Orchestral Version had been the 1st release..   :cool:
Profile PM 
amazarak Offline

Posted: July 25 2007, 10:40

Quote (Korgscrew @ July 23 2007, 15:00)
The album will be released on CD and also - for the very first time for a classical recording - on USB flash drive.

What about good ol' vinyl?

cheers

--------------
Just hold your heading true
Got to get your finest out
Profile PM 
AlexS Offline

Posted: July 25 2007, 12:27

Hmm, interesting names. Great to see a tracklisting at last  :)

I have to admit though, my heart always sinks though when I see that there's going to be a "sung song".... I hope it's more 'vocal' than lyrical. Personally I never really enjoyed the lyrical songs.

But overall I'm sure it will be great. I'm so excited about it!

...and I think 45 minutes is just the perfect length. Anything over that for me, is just a bit too long to play all the way through.

--------------
http://www.thelightdream.net
http://thelightdreams.bandcamp.com/
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 25 2007, 13:40

Quote (amazarak @ July 25 2007, 15:40)
What about good ol' vinyl?

Unfortunately, CD and USB stick are the only two formats that have been confirmed to us. In theory, it would be possible for one of these companies who make limited edition vinyl pressings to licence it from Universal (as has been done with Tubular Bells just recently), but there'd have to be enough evidence of there being a demand for it. It's in fact possible to get single records cut direct from a master tape these days, so who knows...perhaps if there's enough demand, we can try to get a licence and do a limited run ourselves. I imagine the chances of them agreeing are slim, and it wouldn't be cheap, but if enough people here are interested, we can investigate it. I imagine the price would be fairly high (perhaps £25 per disc). Still, I think we might be getting a bit ahead of ourselves talking about that at this stage!

I'd personally be very interested to see (and hear! ) a high resolution digital release, but there's been no mention of it. If I get the opportunity to find out what kind of releases would theoretically be possible, I will. However, last I looked, sales of high resolution digital formats (DVD-A and SACD) were below those of vinyl. The majority of people just don't feel they need the extra quality over that of a CD (I could put forward a lot of arguments against that, but I'm not going to! ) and they like the convenience of MP3 - hence the fact that we're seeing a release on USB stick rather than any of the formats that might appeal to audiophiles.
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: July 25 2007, 18:32

Yeah...what would suite a symphonic orchestral album better then a good old classic vinyl with its warm and natural sound?
At least 'I' would have loved that.   :cool:
Maybe CD's are a first step until you know what it's all about. I mean not many people are i.e. able to play DVD's in their cars. Personally I would prefer a combinated DVD-A + CD album (alá Jean-Michel J.) even though I know it will cost some extra money to make it happen. I'm not in anyway a stingy person when it comes to one of my favorite artists. I could play it everywhere and still have the highest quality in my DVD-A player at home.
SACD is trickier as I see it. Some players can't play them as a digital signal to the amp/receiver.
Just a comment.  :D

Btw, thank you Korgscrew for your magnificent, good and informative job here.  :)

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 25 2007, 20:39

Quote (Velodynamic @ July 25 2007, 20:32)
Yeah...what would suite a symphonic orchestral album better then a good old classic vinyl with its warm and natural sound?
At least 'I' would have loved that.   :cool:

I got used to listen to classica music on LP,so...I would love to see a special LP release too.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
110 replies since July 23 2007, 09:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net