Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music Of The Spheres release pushed back further< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Velodynamic Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 18 2007, 08:42

Quote (Tubularman @ Nov. 17 2007, 22:47)
thank god for vangelis in this case. The release of this 3 cd pack album of blade runner will keep my ears busy.
http://tubular.net/forums....;t=7831

Without this is would go crazy...
:p  :O  :laugh:

Right now I can say exactly the same by another author...

http://tubular.net/forums....;t=7725

:p  :laugh:  :D

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2007, 12:50

I have not downloaded or heard any of the album, I want to wait, but to be perfectly honest I'm a bit cheesed off because of the ever changing release day. I will be patient, it's not like my whole life is revolving around this one event but it's beginning to lose it's magic for me. Ofcourse I'll buy it and give my attention but I'm not so sure the whole idea of it hasn't been tainted with all this carrot dangling! If it hadn't been leaked no one would be any the wiser and we'd all be blissfully ignorant. Speculation is fine but it's getting a bit tedious in my opinion. Sorry if any one doesn't like what I say. I still think Mike is the best where composing and playing is concerned, I always will, but I think I'm just a bit fed up with the whole thing generally. And I do hope that should there be any further albums, the same thing doesn't occur. I really would just fade away from it all then and be content to listen to what I already have on CD, afterall it's a pretty spectacular collection of music from one artist.
:/

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
eder Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2007, 14:15

It looks same as with The Orchestral Hergest Ridge and The Space Movie, I'm afraid.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2007, 17:02

clearly they don't care how much this album will sell, don't they nowadays release album early if it gets leaked to the net :/

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2007, 05:09

The Other Love of my Life "Sparks" show how to release a album big style... is over the course of a Month Play all there 20 Albums Live in Order then on the 21st Play the New Album... Now thats what you called Cool..   Any Chance of a Similar Thing Mike !! :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 22 2007, 09:46

I honestly don't wish for further working on the music (if it got leaked, it'll get leaked again, anyway), but further working on the cover artwork, to me, would be welcome...

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
conny_a Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2007, 15:38

From what I have heard from the album, it's one of the best since after Crises. I lost interest in Mike's music in the mid 80's - so I hope this is a comeback. I can wait for the album - there are so many other artists out that can keep my ears busy in the mean time.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2007, 14:33

Been away for a few weeks. Its weird to come back to find the album is delayed again - Blimey! Though I suppose understandable given his circumstances.

I can't believe anybody would think he'd rework the album because he's upset at it being leaked early, like its easy to just rework an album like that even with a studio that, as Korgscrew points out, he clearly doesn't have at the moment. Also the only people he'd be punishing are the ones that haven't downloaded it yet. The people who have would end up having two album versions to enjoy.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Nov. 25 2007, 17:39

Artist: Oldfield Mike
Tittel: Music Of The Spheres
Label: Universal Cl
Selskap: UNI
Format: Album
Utgivelsesdato: 25-02-2008
Katalognr.: UNI-0028947-66320

cdon.com says 25 feb :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2007, 18:04

:D Don't forget the link ;)

Mots release date

Well , really cool , if it's true !  ;)
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2007, 18:08

no mots because the link dont work.
i dont know why we cant link to a special site on cdon.com.. Anyone who knows why?
Anyway, it is easy to find :D
search for mike oldfield Music of the spheres :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2007, 18:14

;)  I think it's better now , i've changed my link because there had a problem too but i've found the way to get the right link ; with Firefox you can have web pages in another window
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2007, 21:55

hmm i dont understand
i get this message and i use firefox
"Session has expired. Please reenter CDON."

edit: it works now.. ;)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
onion Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2007, 04:15

***THIS JUST IN***

New release date for MOTS: 31 December year 2999 at 23.59 o´clock

New titel : The Millennium Bell part deux

In the period until next millennium, Mike Oldfield will release various remixes of Light & Shade..

Mike

--------------
Are soft boiled eggs supposed to make a crunchy noise when you eat them?
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 26 2007, 06:18

Quote (onion @ Nov. 26 2007, 04:15)
***THIS JUST IN***

Cool! Now Fry will be able to buy it as soon as it comes out! :)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 26 2007, 06:38

Quote (onion @ Nov. 26 2007, 09:15)
***THIS JUST IN***

Onion has it sussed. Not only is it for Fry to buy but obviously they are planning it to premier in Rufford Country Park. It's starting to make sense!

Hmmm, maybe this should be in the conspiracy theory thread.....

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2007, 16:40

According to Universal Music Spain,MOTS is going to be released in Europe on March 10th,and in Spain one day later.

Source:
http://www.mikeoldfieldblog.com/2007....spheres

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2007, 06:37

I`m kind of wishing I`d never downloaded this album now,as come the middle of next year I can imagine myself wondering... "Mmmm I wonder when Mike will be making a new album." When in actual fact his new album will have only just hit the shops.Pending no further delays of course.

Curse you Karma for making me pay once again.And also the penchant for longer gaps between albums for all artists I also curse.If only this trend could be correlated with a longer gap between me having to go into work.Hey now that could be a Karma I could deal with.

Which reminds me Peter Gabriel`s got a new album out soon.Maybe if I resist the urge to download it first it`ll actually come out on schedule(autumn 2007) They`re really putting the Christmas decorations up early this year aren`t they?
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2007, 18:55

I agree with Sir Mustapha. I don't know about further working on the album, but a little bit of more care about the cover would be a good idea. I find it way too simple and predictable, if he wants to do something really simple I think he might try something more original just like QE2's style.

I haven't heard the album yet, my brother passed it to me via msn but for some reason I don't want to hear it yet. I'm in a time of my life very much like Mike's, with a lot of issues to put together (no babies on the way, still looking for an eventual partner for my life ;) ) but... I think I can wait for a little time just to hear it. Probably the beginning of he new year could be a good time for it. The year 2oo8 has a lot of spheres in it :P

Good luck Mike, and welcome back to beautiful sunny Spain  :cool:

Delfín>>

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
jeremyroberts Offline

Posted: Dec. 12 2007, 16:16

I must confess I've heard MOTS and I've been playing it in my car many times already. When was that? 2 months ago?

I have it exclusively in my car though... not at home. But I know I'm going to buy it when it's released, cause I really like it.
Profile PM 
42 replies since Nov. 16 2007, 11:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net