qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 30 2007, 06:04

No probs :D
Profile PM 
jayjay16428 Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2007, 14:29

(QUOTE)--- Tati The Sentinel,Sep. 27 2007, 18:09] I think it's time to Mike to post an official note(at MO.com) on the subject,since it would be the best thing to leave any type of bad rumours out of here !

I agree with Tati----- It would be great to hear from Mike himself as to the delay!  From what I have heard from the brief samples it is going to be great album--- one of his best for years --- well worth waiting for!  :)
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2007, 18:02

http://www.mikeoldfield.com is a shame...

No news. No updates. Nothing.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2007, 19:43

Well... seems this is gonna be part of the history for this new album.

Don't wanna be pesimistic, but it doesn't seem to me to be there a nice reason why he is delaying it.

Mike, whatever you're at to, God is with you.

Delfín>>

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 03:40

This is certainly unexpected and startling news! The mind certainly boggles as to the real reson/s for this strange move, but we must not let it boggle too much (as some here seem to be doing) and allow Mike the space to make a decision he obviously feels is right or necessary at this time.  

All the best to you Mike and family and may God be with you in whatever you are going through.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 09:25

Timschen  "Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!"

it's gaelic it translates "An open mouth sometimes collides with an closed fist!!"

Mike don't want people knowing his personal reasons!!

Slainte Mhair Mike!!
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 09:47

I hope nobody gets a fist here, we're only writing ;) I know it's just a way of saying. But it's natural for people to be uneasy about this.

Slainte Mhair leesonar

Delfín>>

--------------
Profile PM 
Taurus Outcast Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 09:59

i think the phrase "get a life" comes to mind here! i must admit im slightly disappointed that the album has been delayed, but i will definately be buying it when it gets released...until then, ill just have to listen to the one i downloaded...

all the best to mike and family

peace x
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 10:13

Cheers Delfin got less than 5 years to go, my dad had the same, the last 6 months are the worst you cannot even stand up and Diarmorphine (heroinne) becomes insufficient to kill the pain. I am getting ready to meet my maker, must choose my  favorite oldfield music for the ceremony!! A friend of mine played Tubular Bells so loud it blew out his speakers, luckily he had a detached house!
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 10:57

I'm sorry, leessonar, I don't have a clue about anything you're saying, I don't know if I'm supposed to, or it's just a riddle. Anyway, if I said something unfair, I just don't know what. But what do you mean with that?? That you are dying, that Mike is dying? both? or none? However you worry me.

Slaointe again.

Delfín>>

--------------
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 13:52

Quote (ian @ Sep. 29 2007, 17:42)
Clearly there is only one credible answer. He is dying. Or his hands have been chopped off.

Good grief, talk about doom and gloom. The poor guy will be dead and burried the way some of you are carrying on. :O

Dead and buried, Ian? Do you know something?? Is this the real reason there is a delay??? Come on, own up.
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 13:54

Quote (ian @ Sep. 29 2007, 17:42)
Clearly there is only one credible answer. He is dying. Or his hands have been chopped off.

Good grief, talk about doom and gloom. The poor guy will be dead and burried the way some of you are carrying on. :O

You know what I'm talking about. You've killed him haven't you?? I'm going to the police with this. Oh no, they're on tour.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 16:06

OK guys, this has turned out to be a serious matter, so I'm gonna suggest you all: no more jokes, no more rumours, just real information if you have it, or just opinions, but with respect.

Delfín >>

--------------
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 17:43

We'll see the face of some of us when Mike will have to leave us ; they will laugh less certainly . For me Mike is a person like you and me . Some respect would be welcome.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 18:20

I think that all of this talk about Mike being dead or injured or whatever is just a lot of bull. He sure got his own reasons why he's not able to promote MotS at this stage, and I for one don't care absolutely anything about what reasons he has. He's making beautiful music, and that's all I care about.

Marky, you're behaving like an effing troll - please be serious, even if this board sometimes isn't. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 19:49

Saying that what other people are saying is a 'load of bull' and saying they're behaving like 'effing trolls' is also close to behaving like an 'effing troll'...I'd rather not be having to break up fights here.

If the jokes are upsetting people then it's best we keep this serious. Still, I do rather think things are getting blown up out of proportion here. This is probably my fault for suggesting that there might be more to the story than what we'd heard from Italy. That was really just intended to curb any possible annoyance at the release being delayed because of what might appear to be a foreseeable event. I never meant to suggest that Mike might be at death's door or anything more serious than the situation which we already know about. Mike and Fanny have a baby on the way and they want some time to themselves. There is no information whatsoever which points to there being anything more behind this delay than that. I never imagined that my suggestion that there might be more to the story than meets the eye would be interpreted as Mike being critically ill, Fanny having lost the baby or anything else like that...I was thinking that maybe there were a few small other things (like they got a new dog which needs looking after or one of the horses is pregnant, or one of their friends is getting married and they want to go to the wedding) which when added together made it a big enough reason to push back the release date. I'm sorry if I ever said anything which indicated otherwise. I don't see any reason to be worried and I certainly don't see any reason to be at each other's throats!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 20:36

Gosh, well I was upset to discover that Amazon would not be sending me my copy until late Jan thinking it was still being released in November. I think the only problem here is that many more people will download the album and possibly not purchase it. I do have a copy now so am not bothered really about waiting for my official copy but the thought of not buying it and/or supporting the artist never entered my mind and probably most of the people on this site, and anyone here who would settle for a downloaded copy quite frankly should not be here. But the many many curious but not devoted listeners is where Mike will miss out, he may not create any new fan bases because of this delay.

I did not know that Fanny was expecting, probably has been known for ages but I spend way too much time in You Tube these days. I do agree with comments though that planning an album release before Xmas is of utmost importance and that could still occur with Mike simply delaying any promotion that would take him away from his family at this time. I fear that there may be health issues with Fanny and the baby and I pray that is not the case of course. I wish Mike and Fanny and baby all well. Is that number 7? Oh well, he can afford it.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 22:56

As much as I love and cherish Mike and his music, there are more important things in life than an album release being delayed.  I can wait until January.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2007, 06:43

Quote (Korgscrew @ Oct. 02 2007, 00:49)
Saying that what other people are saying is a 'load of bull' and saying they're behaving like 'effing trolls' is also close to behaving like an 'effing troll'...I'd rather not be having to break up fights here.

If the jokes are upsetting people then it's best we keep this serious. Still, I do rather think things are getting blown up out of proportion here. This is probably my fault for suggesting that there might be more to the story than what we'd heard from Italy. That was really just intended to curb any possible annoyance at the release being delayed because of what might appear to be a foreseeable event. I never meant to suggest that Mike might be at death's door or anything more serious than the situation which we already know about. Mike and Fanny have a baby on the way and they want some time to themselves. There is no information whatsoever which points to there being anything more behind this delay than that. I never imagined that my suggestion that there might be more to the story than meets the eye would be interpreted as Mike being critically ill, Fanny having lost the baby or anything else like that...I was thinking that maybe there were a few small other things (like they got a new dog which needs looking after or one of the horses is pregnant, or one of their friends is getting married and they want to go to the wedding) which when added together made it a big enough reason to push back the release date. I'm sorry if I ever said anything which indicated otherwise. I don't see any reason to be worried and I certainly don't see any reason to be at each other's throats!

Well said, Korgy! And I agree with Bill Bobaggins, there are more important things in life... like Fanny & Mikes' health.

Even if it was a mistake to put the date back... well we're all human. Whether its the record company or Mike or whoever influenced that decision, i'm sure everyone is still driving it forward as best they can. Placing blame and starting arguements doesn't resolve any problems. That may be harsh, but there's also nothing we can do... what are we going to do, sign a petition?

Therefore, can I concur with Korgy and suggest we all just calm down? It IS only an album. Yes, it's exciting, and yes, it produces a lot of mixed emotions for some here... but come on. Most of us are adults here. I'm sure we can handle this.

Lets turn this on its head and think positively... a new release to be out soon and at least some new exposure... working with people he hasn't worked with before. Sounds great. I hope I like it  :D

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2007, 09:23

Quote (Korgscrew @ Oct. 02 2007, 01:49)

@ Korgscrew & Arron, sorry about that. It was just an outburst. But, generally, that kind of speculation (even if it's just jokes...) about people's personal matters always irritates me. I'd rather say "leave 'em alone" that break up any verbal (or otherwise) fights with anyone.

So, I'd like to say again that I'm very sorry. It's just that sometimes I'd like Mike O., and all the other famous people I admire, to get talked more about their public personas (musicians, singers, actors, etc.) and a bit less about their private ones. In Mike O.'s case, what matters to me is the music, not the man. So, whatever may be the reason for the delay of MotS, what I'm saying is just "let it (and him) be". MotS is not something I need to eat, to survive. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
129 replies since Sep. 27 2007, 12:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net