Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music of the Spheres release delayed< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Nacho Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 15:16

Quote (backwoodsman @ Sep. 27 2007, 20:26)
I think Toby made a good point there. We don't know what these "personal reasons" might be, but the first thing that came to my mind is that maybe Mike is having some problems with his health. That would explain this kind of delay. Let's hope it's nothing serious though.

Hey, wait a minute, he was in Berlin last week, and looked fine!!!
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 15:22

Quote (Nacho @ Sep. 27 2007, 15:16)

Yes i think he were fine too .
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 16:21

I've managed absolutely to resist downloading the new album,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so far anyway.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 16:39

Hm... this will be a disaster for the sales of the album...

Everybody will try to download it before January...
Profile PM 
backwoodsman Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 16:41

Quote (Nacho @ Sep. 27 2007, 15:16)
Quote (backwoodsman @ Sep. 27 2007, 20:26)
I think Toby made a good point there. We don't know what these "personal reasons" might be, but the first thing that came to my mind is that maybe Mike is having some problems with his health. That would explain this kind of delay. Let's hope it's nothing serious though.

Yes, but things can change quickly. I mean, today you can feel great and yet you may die tomorrow. We never know what happens next. But let's hope it's nothing like that with Mike. The reason for this delay could be something else as well. This is just so unexpected news that it raises all kinds of questions and speculations.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 16:44

I doubt it's anything serious. Fanny is definitely pregnant and it sounds reasonable that it would be at least part of the reason for the delay, it just may not be all of it. I can imagine that any number of little things which maybe they hadn't considered when making their initial plans - that was really more what I was getting at when I said maybe there was something more to the story than what's got out so far, rather than there being something serious wrong which they're not wanting to talk about.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 18:09

I think it's time to Mike to post an official note(at MO.com) on the subject,since it would be the best thing to leave any type of bad rumours out of here !

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 18:16

Quote (Matt @ Sep. 27 2007, 20:55)
Korgscrew I for one think you and tubular.net have been doing a fantastic job of keeping us all informed. Thanks!

Wishing Mike and family all the best, whatever the reasons for the delay.

same here :D GREAT

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 18:18

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Sep. 28 2007, 00:09)
I think it's time to Mike to post an official note(at MO.com) on the subject,since it would be the best thing to leave any type of bad rumours out of here !

indeed...

sad this news is :(
maybe they are planning a new MOTS site?

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Ratty Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 18:39

Quote (leesonar @ Sep. 27 2007, 17:51)
I knew @ 10:06 about this Korgscrew why did it take you 2 hours to post?

Leesonar, if YOU knew about it before why didnt YOU post it???

Dont you think Korgscrew has a life outside of Tubular. Net? Also, what country are you in? There could be the time difference issue!!!

If it wasnt for this site, we wouldnt have a clue what was going on. Get with the programme Leesonar, stop laying into Korgy and the boys. If you are privvy to info before the rest of us, post it or set your own site up!!!.

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 18:44

I don't think a baby is a good reason to delay a release. It never stopped Mike in the past with all his other kids. I just hope nothing is seriously wrong.
Profile PM WEB 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2007, 02:50

Quote (Matt @ Sep. 27 2007, 14:55)
Korgscrew I for one think you and tubular.net have been doing a fantastic job of keeping us all informed. Thanks!

Ditto that! :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2007, 03:22

I don't think it's anyone else's buissness but Mike's as to why the album has been put back, the only thing i wish is that he would employ someone (not his wife) to run his webite and keep it upto date, it does'nt need a daily update, but it does appear to be about a year out of date, and for a major artist that just not good enough.
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2007, 04:29

This is without doubt the best website to accumulate information from, great for discussions, good to hear other people's opinions, which should be given careful consideration,after all there are two sides to a coin. I understand you have a life to live, some of us are battling against leukaemia, and we know our priorities also. The Record Companies should colate a contact list and the onus should be on them to contact you, via email fax, etc I didn't realize that you were in the position of contacting them.

I wasn't having a dig at the site it is excellently run, keep up the good work!!
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2007, 04:39

Quote (leesonar @ Sep. 27 2007, 17:51)
I knew @ 10:06 about this Korgscrew why did it take you 2 hours to post?

Leesonar

Dear Ratty,
I posted @10:06 yesterday you should be able to find my comments on page 10 of the Music Of The Spheres Stream Discussion. Like Korgscrew we all have priorities, I just wondered what took them so long to post?, it wasn't a personal attack on him, I understand he has a life to live.
keep up the good work.
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2007, 04:54

QJames Floyd

I Presume you are referring to the official Mike Oldfield information site run by Chris Dewey of Dark star. This is a fan club run site. Chris will update the site when he has information to add, he wont add hearsay or conjecture.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 28 2007, 05:21

Quote (leesonar @ Sep. 28 2007, 09:29)
The Record Companies should colate a contact list and the onus should be on them to contact you, via email fax, etc I didn't realize that you were in the position of contacting them.

It's a bit of both. When they feel like announcing something, they get in touch with us...if we want an answer to a question or confirmation of something, we have to get in touch with them. In this instance it seemed that the details had only just been confirmed to them yesterday (though someone at Universal Italy obviously felt it was pretty certain the day before that...) and they'd not got round to getting in touch yet. Still, whether they would have done or not, calling them got us an answer quicker.

We like to get things confirmed before we post them to the front page. If there are interesting rumours flying around, someone will usually post them to the forum somewhere, like happened with this story on Wednesday. In this instance, the source of the story was quite credible, but considering we have our own contact at Universal, it seemed sensible to get in touch with them and check things over. At times when we don't have that kind of contact, sometimes we take the risk and post it anyway, or we may decide that it doesn't look certain enough and so put it in the 'Rumors' section instead (though that hasn't been used for quite a while, and it's currently not feeding the front page - the idea of it was mostly to keep the front page updated regularly even at times when there wasn't much confirmed news). Sometimes stories do get people very excited or indeed very upset and we don't want to be in the position of saying "Remember what we said last week that got you all excited? Well...turns out it was all a complete lie!"
Of course nobody's perfect and I couldn't guarantee that a dodgy story will never make it past credibility control here, but we aim to make the news that appears on the front page as reliable as possible...and for those who like to get the absolute latest gossip, there's the forum.
Profile PM 
txuntb Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2007, 08:25

We need one explanation about delay.  I agree with Tati, it´s  time that MO answer our question.I´m really upset.   :(
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2007, 12:00

I'd just like to add to the support for Korgscrew.
On a lighter note, I wonder if he's busy delivering all the stuff sold on ebay !
Seriously though hope he and all are well
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2007, 12:50

Good luck Mike!
Profile PM 
129 replies since Sep. 27 2007, 12:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net