[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music of the Spheres release delayed< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 09 2007, 09:04

Quote (Andylkl @ Oct. 09 2007, 11:28)
Seems to me whatever's in a tin would cost quite a lot!

Maybe this isn't always the case... some time ago the Italian band Pooh made a CD called "MusicaDentro" [= MusicInside] which was packaged inside a tin box - it wasn't a special edition, all copies where packaged like that - and its cost was the same as a normal CD. :) Also the first printing of "Neapolis" by Simple Minds came in a tin can, and the cost was standard.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Oct. 10 2007, 18:32

Quote (MrRcorn @ Oct. 05 2007, 18:07)
Ebay Music Of the Spheres
Another 1

OMG where did they get these from and I like the tin.

the first one looks great!! Nice design  :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2007, 11:11

The indie group "Space" CD release of Tin Planet was first released in a smart tin can  Ive got it in my hands right now..  Better than a jewel Case any day  :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
DarkFeline Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2007, 14:00

I'm not sure whether to stand out with a tin case or to be inconspicuous with a jewel case would be better. I can easily imagine the workers at the music store asking each other "where should we put this odd album?"

--------------
Who's your mummy, where she go?
Profile PM WEB 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2007, 07:24

Quote (Andylkl @ Oct. 11 2007, 19:00)
I'm not sure whether to stand out with a tin case or to be inconspicuous with a jewel case would be better.

A lot of albums titled 'Special Edition' use this type of jewel case - called Super Jewel. These cases were first used exclusivley for SACD releases, so far as I can tell.
Personally I prefer these to the regular cases.
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2007, 10:54

Quote (Tubularman @ Oct. 11 2007, 00:32)
Quote (MrRcorn @ Oct. 05 2007, 18:07)
Ebay Music Of the Spheres
Another 1

OMG where did they get these from and I like the tin.

the first one looks great!! Nice design  :D

:O I can't frigging believe the winning price on that one!!

What if it was a bootleg?  :p

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 07:48

After listening for MotS for quite some time I found that listening of Millennium Bell is quite refreshing and nice.  I remember when I said that would be an album I would never buy (I listened to it first as live DVD and though it was really bad), but now I seem to enjoy it.  Funny how taste changes with time...
Profile PM WEB 
JBG Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 10:52

Obviously none of us are sure of the personal raesons for the delay, however having browsed through country life magazine today as I often do to dream of how to spend my lottery winnings, I came across a house for sale that looks remarkably like Mikes present abode.

If he is selling up then there is obviously something up, hope it is not too bad.

--------------
The mark of a good musician is if you can play one note and mean it ....
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 13:32

Quote (JBG @ Oct. 19 2007, 10:52)
Obviously none of us are sure of the personal raesons for the delay, however having browsed through country life magazine today as I often do to dream of how to spend my lottery winnings, I came across a house for sale that looks remarkably like Mikes present abode.

If he is selling up then there is obviously something up, hope it is not too bad.

To be fair though Country Life is full of large country mansions any one of which could be Mike's house. Not that its any of our business mind you.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 17:29

Quote (JBG @ Oct. 19 2007, 14:52)

You've won the lottery JBG??? I guess we all dream, my hopes of buying The Beacon were dashed, I won on the lottery, but it was £10   :O , as I do the lottery if I feel lucky, but I haven't been lucky enough.

Here's hoping nothing too bad has happened to Mike if he's selling up  :/ .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
JBG Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2007, 08:03

Mike is selling his house in Gloucestershire for 3.5 million and is moving to Spain, this is reported in the Sunday Mail, due to the smoking ban & health & Safety restrictions in Britain.

I hope that this does not mean that he will not be performing anymore concerts here in the future.

--------------
The mark of a good musician is if you can play one note and mean it ....
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2007, 09:39

Yeah ive heard drinking a San Miguel and puffing on your Favourite Fancy is still Ok in downtown Ibiza lol.... :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2007, 10:36

Then, his moving to Spain is the reason why the release date of Music of the Spheres was delayed, isn't it? If so, I'm very glad !! All these weeks I've been afraid something wrong was happening to him.

Quote (3Wheeler @ Oct. 21 2007, 09:39)
Yeah ive heard drinking a San Miguel and puffing on your Favourite Fancy is still Ok in downtown Ibiza lol.... :cool:

In Ibiza, as well as in the whole of Spain, we have some restrictions about smoking and drinking outside the bars. It's forbidden to smoke in any public places such as offices, banks, schools (of course), shops, etc. However, it's still possible to smoke in most of bars. Also, now there's some talk about restrictions for the after-hours clubs opening times, which, if u ask me, it's something good to avoid troubles, especially regarding the teenagers who come here to get completely mad during the summer.. We'll see what happens in the next summer season.

I don't know so much about Mallorca, but it's true that in Ibiza there's a feeling of freedom and respect for people and their different cultures. There are problems, like everywhere else in the world, but here it happens that there are people from all over the world living together in peace and sharing the beauty of this place, mainly during the seasons other than summer. And yes, of course.. u can have a San Miguel in downtown Ibiza :)

I hope Mike finds what he's looking for in Spain. I can understand he's going to miss the beautiful colours in UK, but I wish he finds inspiration in the Mediterranean again... and who knows... (and here it goes a secret wish...) maybe he decides to go for that MVR 3rd episode... :)

Welcome back to Spain, Mike.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 14:34

A Spanish lady that writes in the tubular.net forum...???

:cool:  :cool: ...the time has come... :cool:  :cool:  

(only joking, as always)

Welcome back to Spain, Mike!!!!!!!!!!

Delfín>>

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
TubularBull Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2007, 17:46

Hello everyone! While waiting for Mike's MOTS, you can download and listen to my "Tubular Bells IV" mix. Just follow this link to the Fan Music forum: http://tubular.net/forums....;t=7772
Hope you enjoy it :)
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2007, 18:48

TubularBull, I have already downloaded it, it's very good!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2007, 17:41

I'd just like to add something I was thinking about a couple of days ago...

When MotS is finally released (in February 2008? in March?), I am pretty sure that at least some of the reactions, both in here and outside of here, will be somewhere along the lines of the following dialogue...

A: Hey, Music of the Spheres has finally come out!!
B: What?!
A: You know, that classical album by Mike Oldfield... with Lang Lang and Hayley Westenra...
B:Oh, that one. I forgot...

:D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2007, 18:12

Maybe Music of the Spheres II will be released first.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 01 2007, 06:09

Quote (Alan D @ Oct. 31 2007, 22:12)
Maybe Music of the Spheres II will be released first.

Or Tubularmans "The Ultimate Spherical Music" which cleverly overlays MOTS themes with other previous Mike Oldfield pieces.

Hmmm, that actually sounds quite interesting, Tubularman, where are you  :D

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Navaira Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2007, 10:52

Spherical Bells ;)

Hey, some sites (cdwow) show the album as out Nov 12 -- is it possible that it is only delayed in the UK?

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
129 replies since Sep. 27 2007, 12:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net