Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music of the Spheres release date confirmed< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 20 2007, 13:54

LOL @ onion .... I actually put a countdown timer on my personal startpage. Currently: 3 months, 15 days, and 14 hours.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: July 20 2007, 16:33

cool cant wait, we should all do a "Harry potter" and pull an all nighter outside the local HMV or something waiting for it to open!  :p

I love the way that Tubular.net is the forefront of mike news, its annoying that the last update for mikes site was for a night at the proms, and before that the last whole site update was may 2006! lol

finger on the pulse........ :cool:

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: July 20 2007, 17:36

My lovely daughter was borm on July 14 1989 just 4 days after Earth Moving came out. I remember such joy, i remember being close to tears as my earth moved. 18 years ago now and it's like yesterday.
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: July 21 2007, 04:18

Quote (bugular tell @ July 20 2007, 16:33)
cool cant wait, we should all do a "Harry potter" and pull an all nighter outside the local HMV or something waiting for it to open!  :p

Yes... and then we can all discover that the local HMV hasn't bothered to stock it... ;)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 21 2007, 17:27

About a month ago,Mike was interviewed at Classic FM about the new album,thanks David from A Man and His Music Blog to bring that for us:
http://www.lacoctelera.com/mikeold....ntarios

Cool to see Mike getting into one of the most important classical music radios in the UK,that's ab fab...to open the space for MOTS  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: July 21 2007, 21:21

mayby MO has seen the film "V for vendetta" wivh has the 5. november as a kind of plot

http://imdb.com/title/tt0434409/
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 23:18

I just ordered my copy of Music of the Spheres from Amazon and the Delivery date given was Jan 23rd to Jan 28th. WHAT'S THE STORY THERE? Isn't it being released early November??

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 12:59

Maybe there's a relation to this stuff I've seen here - http://www.oldfield-forum.de/thread.....&page=2

"Hi,
we have been informed from the Universal Music Italy that the launch of the new album has been postponed to 2008, to February, because the Mike's wife is pregnant and the baby would have to be born to December, therefore Mike does not succeed to dedicate itself to the launch of the album. Seen the importance of the plan, the Universal has decided to make to slip it.
Best regards,
Giuliano Plenevici"

So...he had already known about his wife's pregnancy during the recording of MOTS...why launch the album in November since he won't have much time to promote propely?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 15:48

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Sep. 26 2007, 17:59)
Maybe there's a relation to this stuff I've seen here - http://www.oldfield-forum.de/thread.....&page=2

"Hi,
we have been informed from the Universal Music Italy that the launch of the new album has been postponed to 2008, to February, because the Mike's wife is pregnant and the baby would have to be born to December, therefore Mike does not succeed to dedicate itself to the launch of the album. Seen the importance of the plan, the Universal has decided to make to slip it.
Best regards,
Giuliano Plenevici"

So...he had already known about his wife's pregnancy during the recording of MOTS...why launch the album in November since he won't have much time to promote propely?

So he thinks he's going to have more time available to promote when he has a three-month old. Must be expecting a much quieter and easier baby than any of mine :laugh:

Shame about the delay however if this report is true. I was looking forward to a "real" and nicer sounding copy...

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 16:39

The wait for the fans will be agony but one bonus is that there is time to promote it...ah ha ha ha.... as if there will be any promotion.....silly me....
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 19:20

Let's see if there's an official info on the subject...-

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 19:58

We've been sent the same news from Giuliano. We'll try and check it out.

In my opinion, delaying the release would be a very silly thing to do. Do a search on Google for 'Mike Oldfield Music of the Spheres' and apart from Wikipedia, Amazon, tubular.net and the This Is London interview, all the links on the first page are to torrents of the album (as are most of the second, third, fourth and so on...). They really ought to be combating that by getting official material into people's hands - both official information and of course, official copies of the album...and getting official copies of the album into people's hands is a bit hard if it hasn't been released.

If Mike's baby is due in December, they must have known since at least July (and probably earlier) that it was on its way. A sudden change in release date isn't impossible, but it seems silly - this situation was not unpredictable and it would have been better to plan the release with this in mind. A delay is just going to encourage more people to download it and perhaps less to buy it.

Still...they know best, I suppose (at least they act like it).
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 21:04

Quote (Korgscrew @ Sep. 26 2007, 19:58)
Do a search on Google for 'Mike Oldfield Music of the Spheres' and apart from Wikipedia, Amazon, tubular.net and the This Is London interview, all the links on the first page are to torrents of the album (as are most of the second, third, fourth and so on...).

Regarding the numerous pages of torrents, is this usual for any new release, these days, or does cyberspace (yes, I know it's an outdated term but I like it) just happen to be rife with Oldfield fans?

They really ought to be combating that by getting official material into people's hands - both official information and of course, official copies of the album.

This sounds very sensible and I agree that would probably be best for the commercial success of the album. I remind myself, though, that I don't know what the situation is, behind the scenes, and that perhaps a delay may be best for Mike personally. If I have to wait six more weeks or eighteen, the music itself won't suffer, so I'm not excessively upset at the prospect of a delay.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 04:34

Its Back to 21-1-08  on HMV and Play.com  now.... groan.. tempted to Download the thing now  !!   :/

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 06:00

hhmmm, this is a bad move imho...

Letting the promo-cd's floating around on the net for 2 more months (making a total of 5 (five) months)...
who will remember to buy the album, except us, the fans...
Most non-fans will probably have forgotten it...
Imho it will be better to release it, without Mike doing promotion...

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
Tubular World Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 10:52

It is now also confirmed by Universal Music Germany that "Music Of The Spheres" will be released in the 1. quarter of 2008.

--------------
[http://www.tubular-world.com/]
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 11:12

Quote (ProjectZ @ Sep. 27 2007, 08:00)
hhmmm, this is a bad move imho...

Letting the promo-cd's floating around on the net for 2 more months (making a total of 5 (five) months)...
who will remember to buy the album, except us, the fans...
Most non-fans will probably have forgotten it...
Imho it will be better to release it, without Mike doing promotion...

But nowadays Mike does care about the quality of his personal life,he doesn't want be a non-present daddy to his kids with Fanny,so I respect his decision to launch MOTS later,first enjoy the new Oldfield on the block,and then promote correctly the album the way it deserves.

Correct if I'm wrong: when Platinum was released,Mike was near to be a daddy for the first time(Molly was born in Dec '79) and then toured in 1980,I remember once I've seen a footage from that tour that Mike appeared with Sally Cooper,and baby Molly(age a few months),and the 3 toured together,to the health of Mike's relationship with Sally.

On the NNOTP tour,the combo was Mike,Fanny and Jake,everywhere!

Quote (Korgscrew @ Sep. 26 2007, 21:58)
If Mike's baby is due in December, they must have known since at least July (and probably earlier) that it was on its way. A sudden change in release date isn't impossible, but it seems silly - this situation was not unpredictable and it would have been better to plan the release with this in mind. A delay is just going to encourage more people to download it and perhaps less to buy it.

I do agree.Both Fanny and Mike knew about the baby coming up,but...why the launch party in Berlin,the promo on the web to download,since they've already known all about it,that would be impossible to promote the album?

With TSODE,it wasn't promoted in a normal way - it was twice,as far as I remember.

I'm trying to understand but...only time will tell.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 11:37

Yep, family life and kids should come first. Hopefully the change in plan doesn't mean there are any problems with the pregnancy. Best of luck to all of them and I guess we'll just have to wait!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 11:49

Quote (Matt @ Sep. 27 2007, 13:37)
Yep, family life and kids should come first. Hopefully the change in plan doesn't mean there are any problems with the pregnancy. Best of luck to all of them and I guess we'll just have to wait!

I do agree 100%

A new baby is always a good thing  :)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 27 2007, 12:07

It's been confirmed by Universal UK now as well - I've started a new topic about it where I'm sure this discussion will continue!
Profile PM 
40 replies since July 18 2007, 18:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net