captainjjb Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 04:50

No thanks, not for me.  LOL
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2008, 16:31

If this is only for a few hardest of hardcore fans I guess you can count me out immediately.  :p

...eventhough from time to time I use to dream about it.  :D

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
David® Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2008, 17:30

Hayley Westenra in premiere!!!  :)

Official source: Orquesta Sinfónica de Euskadi - Note press

Greetings from Spain.
Profile PM 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2008, 04:51

That's nice.
Profile PM WEB 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2008, 06:52

It says on the press release "exclusive to the media" so it does not look promising for getting tickets  :(

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 15 2008, 09:37

Yes, it basically is a media-only event. There are some possibilities, which are still being discussed. I'd hoped we'd have an answer for you now, but we unfortunately don't - that's out of our hands, unfortunately.

Don't get your hopes up too much. The thing that's being discussed definitely isn't the large scale public sale of tickets to fans in the manner of the Tubular Bells II/III premieres. It's more about giving as many fans as possible the chance to enjoy the performance in some form in Bilbao. Considering how late things are getting, some of the possibilities that have been put forward may not be practical, but that really depends on a whole load of things...and the solution which is eventually drawn up could be any number of things.

I asked about numbers a little way back in this thread, and the information I collected was used like I said it would be - they now have a rough idea of how many people might potentially have been able to come (and hopefully still would be able to if we get an announcement of a firm plan out soon! ). I don't know what they're ultimately going to decide, based on those figures (I did more than just count the number of people who'd given a definite yes here, by the way - I've been watching discussions on other forums as well, so put together a rough estimate based on what I could see, together with a wee bit of extra knowledge from having done things like this before, so don't worry that I might have said only 20 people want to come...). I suggested a solution which I felt was workable, made clear how much we could do for them to ensure that it works out, and also mentioned what other things I felt might interest people, should there be less constraints...it's all been passed on to the people who make the decisions (or so I'm told), and we're now waiting for the verdict. There's unfortunately nothing more that we can do.

It's a big and complex operation, and naturally everyone is very busy right now, which is making things difficult. I do feel that we have people on our side who want to see a decent outcome for the fans, but ...best not to expect miracles. All I can say is that we'll keep you updated on this.
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2008, 13:21

I would definitely like to attend to this concert. So in case anything materializes, please put my name in the list, Korgscrew, thanks!

I live in Finland, and I travelled to his TB2 launch concert in Edinburgh in Scotland in '92, as well as his Stockholm concert in '99, so this would fit in nicely  :)

Too bad I was a bit too young in the early eighties for any of his concerts then...  :p
Profile PM 
txuntb Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2008, 14:18

I am sure you are doing a good job korgs. We support you. :)
Profile PM 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2008, 06:10

The Amazon.co.uk Homepage has a cool ad for Music of the Spheres, with new video footage, and the offer of exclusive screensavers and more.
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2008, 11:52

Quote (simmo2005 @ Feb. 19 2008, 12:10)
The Amazon.co.uk Homepage has a cool ad for Music of the Spheres, with new video footage, and the offer of exclusive screensavers and more.

Where?

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2008, 15:03

it seems to be intermittent (it's an advertisment that's on a revolves with other ads but i've seen it there several times) - quite normal with those amazon sponsored links...
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2008, 17:13

Yeh I've seen it. I think its great. Some prominent advertising like this is much needed and deserved.
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Feb. 19 2008, 17:59

Quote (Burning Fish @ Feb. 19 2008, 17:52)
Quote (simmo2005 @ Feb. 19 2008, 12:10)

Where?

here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Music-S....&sr=8-1

:)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2008, 01:55

That video has been around for a long time and I don't see any screensavers.

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2008, 04:35

No it's a seperate ad on the front page- it revolves with other ad's i.e you may click to another part of amazon, come back to the homepage and it's there... like a sponsored link
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2008, 12:22

Better turn off my ad blocker then! :P

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2008, 00:07

Quote (Korgscrew @ Feb. 08 2008, 21:13)
Universal are in discussions with a major retailer about releasing a special edition of the album, which will include both the studio version and a live recording from Bilbao.

I'd be thrilled to have a live recording to go with the studio one. And, goodness, this event is now only a couple of weeks away, isn't it? I'm not even involved, still I'm frazzled just thinking about it!

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 25 2008, 18:15

I'd imagine a lot of people would be interested in the live recording, actually. It would make an interesting set. I've actually been trying to persuade them to release it in one of those tins like some of the promos came in, I think people would like that.

Things are looking rather bleak regarding fans getting in there. I did put forward what I felt was a workable plan for getting people into it, but I'm not totally convinced they ever did more than pretend to take it seriously. As it stands, I'm waiting to hear what's now going to be possible...sounds like what I was saying a month ago, doesn't it? One could be forgiven for thinking that the weeks spent trying to chase people by phone and email were all in vain...
Well, let's hope not. They've dangled an interesting carrot in front of us, and it's now just a matter of waiting to see whether it's as good as it could potentially be, or whether it turns out to be as mouldy as a slice of four month old tubular toast.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 01:40

Quote (Korgscrew @ Feb. 25 2008, 18:15)
I've actually been trying to persuade them to release it in one of those tins like some of the promos came in, I think people would like that.

That's a brilliant idea! It would add some nice 'zing' to my shrine.

One could be forgiven for thinking that the weeks spent trying to chase people by phone and email were all in vain...

I wouldn't think of this as a waste, Korg. Such efforts on behalf of the fans speaks for itself and it's a testament - to the fans and to the record company - of your dedication. These things are not forgotten.

They've dangled an interesting carrot in front of us, and it's now just a matter of waiting to see whether it's as good as it could potentially be, or whether it turns out to be as mouldy as a slice of four month old tubular toast.

You make that sound like a bad thing. I'll have you know that months-old tubular toast is nothing to sniff at! Why, they make excellent bath sponges, pet-toys, furniture props, and multi-purpose projectiles. I'd include the image as reinforcement, but I suspect the memory is well imprinted from the last time, and I wouldn't want to be accused of 'harmful intent' toward an administrator.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 03:58

Quote (Korgscrew @ Feb. 25 2008, 23:15)
I've actually been trying to persuade them to release it in one of those tins like some of the promos came in, I think people would like that.

Yep. You can put my name down for one!

One could be forgiven for thinking that the weeks spent trying to chase people by phone and email were all in vain...

Well, it's appreciated here. So not entirely in vain, Korg.
Profile PM 
100 replies since Jan. 23 2008, 15:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net