Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music Of The Spheres premiere concert< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 24 2008, 21:44

Dunno if it would be like the ones from TB II and III,but let's wait and see what Universal and Mike are planning for this premiere.As soon as we get more info,plans can be made  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 24 2008, 22:19

This could be a really change of great performance in Royal Albert Hall  :)  

My wish set list is

Music of the spheres
Ommadawn
Incantations part 4
Hergest Ridge
Mont St Michel
Harbinger Reprise
Sailors Hornpipe

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 05:20

Quote (Tubularman @ Jan. 24 2008, 22:19)

My wish set list is

Music of the spheres
Ommadawn
Incantations part 4
Hergest Ridge
Mont St Michel
Harbinger Reprise
Sailors Hornpipe

@ Tubularman   :/ And why not some pieces from Orchestral TB ?

I think i won't be able to be there , in Bilbao , for the premiere . I just hope that there will have a dvd of it .... and a European tour . Of course, if Mike is touring in Paris , i'll go to see him .
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 05:22

Unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to afford it!! And in any event flying to Bilbao to see a concert leaves a fairly large carbon footprint!! I'm holding out for a UK performance, not sure we'll see one though, let's hope!
Profile PM WEB 
ingresman Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 07:37

I'd like to see a webcast of it
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 09:20

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Jan. 25 2008, 11:20)
Quote (Tubularman @ Jan. 24 2008, 22:19)

My wish set list is

Music of the spheres
Ommadawn
Incantations part 4
Hergest Ridge
Mont St Michel
Harbinger Reprise
Sailors Hornpipe

@ Tubularman   :/ And why not some pieces from Orchestral TB ?

I think i won't be able to be there , in Bilbao , for the premiere . I just hope that there will have a dvd of it .... and a European tour . Of course, if Mike is touring in Paris , i'll go to see him .

why not some pieces from Orchestral TB?
Because MOTS is very familiar (Harbinger and Musica Univeralis)
Like the beginning and The Bell section.
But of course! If Mike play TB i would be more then happy to enjoy more music! :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 09:39

;) @ Tubularman

I just wanted to say that Orchestral TB is the same kind of music as MOTS and Mont ST Michel .... just well made for a  classical concert . ;)
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 10:20

And don't forget Lake Constance....

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 10:58

To be honest, I wouldn't really mind what he played, just seeing him play would be amazing for me, because I've never actually been to an MO concert before.

Don't think it's possible for me to make it to Spain though...
:/
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 12:40

According to one of the members of the German forum, the word from the Guggenheim is that this is essentially a private event for the press.

However, I do firmly believe that Universal want to include the fans in this - it's been mentioned several times to us that they'd like to invite some fans along (though please note that when I say they'd like to, that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to). I've edited my original post to make the situation clearer.
I'll of course make sure that they're aware that it's in our joint best interests to work something out. I imagine, like I said before, that places will be very limited, though there are a few ideas bouncing around in my head of ways to improve that situation. Still, it's not worth me speculating too much now - we'll find out what the full situation is soon enough, and take things from there. I don't think anyone on either side wants the fans to be disappointed.

Just in case we need some numbers to help with negotiations, assuming that there are places available, how many of you would actually be interested in going? I'm making absolutely no promises when I ask this - it would just be helpful to know how many people would actually take places if they're on offer.
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 12:52

I´m definitely thinking about going!

:p
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 13:47

I would be well up for going as long as I could manage to get the time off work. Its been too long since I last saw Mike live in Berlin for the Millennium. Please keep us informed, which Im sure you will anyway! Many thanks. :D

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 
clac Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 14:00

that's a very great news!! it's not as close as i would like, but anyway, it's a live show, it's very promising for the future.
like everybody, i hope there will be a broadcast or something, to make everyone able to see it, and, after, why not an european tour? (or world tour  :p )
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 14:06

I think those hoping for a DVD release of this or think Mike will do a whole concert and play other pieces are hoping for a bit to much. I'm sure anything he does play will be short, these private press things are never anything very major. With MOTS I bet they just get a few orchestral musicians miked up with Mike on acoustic guitar. I doubt it will be a big performance anything like what the album sounds like. Though I could be wrong.

One thing they could do which would be neat is to have a live online stream of whatever is played so everyone could see it live on their computer. I'm not sure that would be hugely difficult to set up. Its certainly the sort of thing they could include in any new MO.com website
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 14:29

I'm told it'll be a 70 piece orchestra (no word on there being a choir, though), so I assume it'll be a reasonably large scale performance even if the audience is fairly small.

I'd agree that it's unlikely that they'll do a DVD, but we can ask what might be possible. It really depends on how things are going to be set up and so on.

In theory, a webcast would indeed not be all that difficult - I imagine the biggest problem would be getting a reliable connection out of the Guggenheim. All the rest is stuff that we can sort out ourselves if need be - we'd just need the permission of the right people, which of course might be difficult to get. It's certainly an idea that's crossed my mind, though...
Profile PM 
clac Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 14:33

well, it's not that difficult to record the whole concert with a little camera and then, put it  in stremaing or download on the web, most of the bands now do this.
and, mike loves soooo much technology, i'm sure he'll be very pleased by the idea :p
Profile PM 
rumerok Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 15:57

I would attend the event of course!!! It's 20 min far from Castro Urdiales (where Mike perfomed back in 1999) where I llive, so it's in my mind to be in Bilbao. Anyway, I'll try to move some contacts in order to get a press pass....:)
Profile PM 
Taurus Outcast Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 16:17

im in the uk, but if theres the slightest possibility of getting a ticket im going to be there!
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 16:26

premiere event... 70 piece orchestra... Mike there playing and even some fans maybe able to go.... This sounds FAB!

If only... But good luck to you others who might be able to make it if invites end up being available!

Officially excited about the release again now.  :O

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 16:30

Korgscrew.... I want to be there!

Don't forget me  ;)

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
100 replies since Jan. 23 2008, 15:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net